It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO BUILT THE PYRAMIDS??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Slaves or.......................someone else??

Who built the pyramids???

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
babylonian whores...........

by the way, ever wonder what is in the center of a pyramid??

ID

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Due to the precision of which they were built I believe that something out of the ordinary was involved. It is also odd the similarities between the great pyramid of Giza and the pyramid of the sun at Teotihuacan. If I remember correctly I think the Pyramid of the sun is only 4 inches smaller at the base. This may not be completely accurate though. I always find it remarkable how advanced the Mayan and Egyptians were which raises the question: Were they brilliant or were they visited?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntonCrowley

a yummy chocolate center?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Definitely brilliant beyond our minds ID,

Ever heard of the Coral castle, this dude in the 1920's built a giant castle he cut out of coral rock by himself.
Check it out:
The Coral Castle touring homepage

Look at the similarity

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
they move these huge blocks that weigh tons and on top of that they build these things perfect and line them up with the stars and all that astronomy stuff....thats amazing

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think it is quite apparanet the "who" built the Pyramids is diffently a matter of on-going ideas, thoughts and speculations......just like Lehners.

Might want to check this out pertaining to the very same article presented. Might find it a bit interesting:
www.grahamhancock.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Most people think the older version of themselves are dumber than they are. Why could not have Eyptians built it? People say that "How can anyone build such a monument?" If a 3000 B.C. Eygptian visited us he would be suprised even scared by Nuclear Bomb, Rockets, Spacecrafts etc. Many people refuse to believe that a middle eastern country could have build such amazing things.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Uh, Egyptians and the slaves they employed........

And, do we know that their knowledge was not as corrupt as we think???

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
A somewhat-old book called Pyramid: Miracle in Stone makes the case that the Great Pyramid at Giza was divinely-inspired. It describes the construction as being started and overseen by a foreigner who is also a shepherd. Does anyone know when, roughly, the Gizeh Pyramid was built? Because the author argues that this overseer was Job (and the same person as the priest-king Melchizedek).
Even if you don't agree, its an interesting read, and will teach you a lot about this pyramid.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
slaves built them, its even written in their hieroglyphs.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango

a yummy chocolate center?

Darn it Quango you beat me to it!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Definitely brilliant beyond our minds ID,

Ever heard of the Coral castle, this dude in the 1920's built a giant castle he cut out of coral rock by himself.
Check it out:
The Coral Castle touring homepage

Look at the similarity

Tassadar

Coral castle is amazing, and is on my list of must see places if I ever get out that way.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Seekerof.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I saw a site the other day that talked about the pyramid blocks being cast on site, like modern cast in place concrete.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
On Biblical possibilities, it was commonly asserted in the Renaissance when travel became easier that the pyramids were the granaries built by Joseph during the seven years of plenty.
Such ancient texts as there are suggest the "common sense" view: a great many labourers (possibly feudal serfs, rather than slaves, for the great part) working da**ed hard for many years.
I can think of no very compelling reason why the Egyptians should have been any less skilled at monumental engineering, masonry, draughtsmanship and design than we are to-day. They just didn't have the machines. They were never going to build bronze and glass skyscrapers with lifts -but monumental massive stonework seems well within their grasp. What is so impressive is, of course, the sheer size. And that's where the hard work comes in.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Slaves or.......................someone else??

Who built the pyramids???

DHL maybe, thinking of the TV commercial

I reckon slaves built the pyramids.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   

If a 3000 B.C. Eygptian visited us he would be suprised even scared by Nuclear Bomb, Rockets, Spacecrafts etc.

WOuld he? Or have you not read any of the discussions on "prehistoric" advanced civilizations?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   

babylonian whores...........

nougat?

caramel?

since they werent mentioned i decided to post em.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
They actually were not built by slaves. They were built by the regular population. In Egypt each person had tp spend some time doing work for the government, somewhat like public service, after the work was done they went home.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join