It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOPELON Crypto surges 512%... We have reached peak Idiocracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This thread is why I love ATS.

Long may she reign.

I would add more but other posters got the facts laid so ill just ask a question.

What are you so afraid of OP?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HONROC
So they drive him out of Tesla... it’s Elon freaking Musk. He’ll start or buy some other business.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The problem is everyone focused on btc.. BTC needs military technology at his point to continue mining. Currently it is mined at about 1000 barrels of fossil fuel in order to produce the energy to generate 1 coin.

70% of the global energy is used to mine Bitcoin and it's been that way since 2016.
Back in 06 anyone with a low end computer was able to mine Bitcoin. By 2010 you needed a high end gaming machine. By 2014 people had WalMart sized warehouses mining crypto..

The issue with BTC being a Chinese coin is simple. You are selling the engine/power of your car(since computers don't use fossil) for what use to be a profit. In which a said company would use the energy for various means.

One example was the game released to the public that allowed the public to find cures for various ailments. (It worked). BTC specifically gave china 100% access to our power grid. Where they could use the communical power "loaned while mining" for whatever they saw fit. From production, to solving equations that standard and current tech isn't able to because the processing power is too great, to who knows what end.

A fun example of this would be the question asked to a giant old computer. "What is the meaning of life". Because of the genericness of the actual question it took a thousand years of process/aka computer brain power to come up with the answer "42".

In reality, if we compare the mining power that is being loaned to the Chinese because of "mining". That answer would be solved in less then a fifth of a second.

The technology is far from new, it's basic networking 101.. if you ever had a computer control another.. or use that computer aka master/slave to host something while you streamed.. it's the same principal. You keep the Master clear enough to do other things, since the watching of the slave doing the work is not as demanding as doing it yourself..

(Yes in the crypto-world they use Master and slave technology, with the coin company being the grandmaster).

The transactions is literally nothing but energy devoted to action/question that they asked..

It's insanely stupid and wasteful of resource to focus BTC because at current rates in less then 5years you will need nuclear power to mine the coins, then fusion.. and for what? To give china more processing power then any other country in the world?

Get out of BTC, be careful what crypto you support. Know the origin, know the facts, know what backs it, ensure its clean and not manipulated by other countries who decide to release viruses to kill people.

Each "transaction" is proof of work and that work is included in the encrypted code. But no one bothered to ask themselves "proof of work? What work? What's the work actually for?"

Your not just emailing or sending money to a friend trust me. The "work" involved requires massive amounts of energy. More so that we went from standard outlets to fuels and about to hit nuclear energy.. ask yourself what proof of work requires that much energy?

edit on 19-5-2021 by BlackArrow because: Typo fixes, mater slave explanation.

You may wonder how this relates to Elon? Ask yourself realistically how much of what I just said you actually knew. When he backed down, someone probably laid down the facts about it to him. Just like I did to you. So the coin in question was probably created by the same people who hosted BTC to begin with. Because now they are losing money, it could be created by anyone who just invested a millions into warehouse mining or more.

Becareful because the reasons are often more then what they let on. This play is literally a person who just bought BTC high and got screwed or some other form of investment.

edit on 19-5-2021 by BlackArrow because: How it relates to Elon musk and the hate club.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow
a reply to: putnam6
The problem is everyone focused on btc.. BTC needs military technology at his point to continue mining. Currently it is mined at about 1000 barrels of fossil fuel in order to produce the energy to generate 1 coin.

Source needed.

70% of the global energy is used to mine Bitcoin and it's been that way since 2016.

Wrong by a margin of 140x. It's actually 0.55% of global electricity production overall.
Source: hbr.org...

Back in 06

Bitcoin / Satoshi wasn't even around at that time.

The issue with BTC being a Chinese coin is simple.

Bitcoin isn't Chinese, if at all it would be Japanese because Satoshi is a Japanese. In fact we don't really know if it's a group or a single person. Fact also is, that a Chinese would never use a Japanese name for their invention (history).

You are selling the engine/power of your car(since computers don't use fossil) for what use to be a profit. In which a said company would use the energy for various means.

Wrong again, the bitcoin is generated as an award for the used computing power to process a block on the chain.

BTC specifically gave china 100% access to our power grid.

Again Bitcoin isn't Chinese and even if it were, that's not the same.

Where they could use the communical power "loaned while mining" for whatever they saw fit. From production, to solving equations that standard and current tech isn't able to because the processing power is too great, to who knows what end.

So current tech isn't able to do it, but since the power is "loaned while mining", it suddenly is.

A fun example of this would be the question asked to a giant old computer. "What is the meaning of life". Because of the genericness of the actual question it took a thousand years of process/aka computer brain power to come up with the answer "42".

That's from a book and computer's don't work like that.

In reality, if we compare the mining power that is being loaned to the Chinese because of "mining". That answer would be solved in less then a fifth of a second.

Sources and calculation needed.

The technology is far from new, it's basic networking 101.. if you ever had a computer control another.. or use that computer aka master/slave to host something while you streamed.. it's the same principal. You keep the Master clear enough to do other things, since the watching of the slave doing the work is not as demanding as doing it yourself..

Blockchain technology is new, just because it's founded on dividing the workload via a network, doesn't make it old.

The rest of what you wrote is equally half-true and not worth my time and energy to pick apart.
edit on 19.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join