It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy has announced he's opposed to a bipartisan agreement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MayRenee

They certainly did try to influence voters by showing them what we could expect times 100 if trump got re elected, all the BLM riots were just a preview of what would have happened if trump won , Also illegal is illegal and rioting and burning public and private property is illegal. But to the media they were "mostly peaceful protesters" but he 1/6 protesters were insurrectionist. At the very least do you agree the BLM that stormed the oklahoma capitol are also insurrectionists?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

overthrow an election? LOL, can you go into a little detail on how that was going to play out?

I would like to know too, what has anyone done to overthrow the election? I have seen validation requests...is that bad?
edit on 18-5-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HONROC
a reply to: Server181

AGAIN, Will you call for an investigation and commission into the BLM riots?

Wholeheartedly YESSSSS - I will right now:

If people have nothing to hide then they should not resist an investigation into the BLM riots (who funded them, who called for them etc) I call for one to start NOW - we can run it along side the Jan 6th investigation. Double coverage, if you will.

I know you think you were talking to a partisan hack, but that I am not. I loath the extreme left as much as the extreme right....EVERY.DAY.OF.THE.WEEK!

edit on 18-5-2021 by Server181 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Uh What ? 😃

maybe they are avoiding the obvious bias and discrimination from other Democrats and the prejudice MSM !! 😎

Right. The public will only learn what our terrorist-owned US media want them to learn....just like they did with President Trump. Most of the public get their news from ABC-CBS-NBC-FOX-CNN-NYT-WaPo and other Democrat-owned outlets...including Twitter, Facebook, AppleNews, MSN.

The videos of Capitol Police/Security OPENING THE DOORS for protesters to enter the Capitol Building and look around, will NEVER be shown by any of the above media outlets.

If they want to hold hearings on an "insurrection", the Biden Administration may have a REAL ONE on their hands this Summer or Fall.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

And tell me just what do you expect to come out of spending all that money on investigations? I am genuinely curious, because I know absolutely nothing will come of it and it will just be an opportunity for those in congress to bloviate and soapbox and waste even more money with no end result.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MayRenee
That they plan to kill Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and many others.

Wouldn't they need guns or something, or were they going to strangle them with their bare hands...lol I also saw a ton of very old people and women too, lots of fat guys also... where were the commandos. Well some of the old people had canes so I guess they were the shock troops.

You really need to reread what you wrote and then look at the people in the build...lol geez

edit on 18-5-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think they planned to impale them with Fuzzys horns, or beat them with Pelosi's laptop. They had mad skilz. Steven Segal sh!t.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

And tell me just what do you expect to come out of spending all that money on investigations? I am genuinely curious, because I know absolutely nothing will come of it and it will just be an opportunity for those in congress to bloviate and soapbox and waste even more money with no end result.

So, I assume you are NOT calling for investigations into BLM riots or endless calls for election audits as well? Because, as you say "nothing will come of it".

But, if you are calling for latter but not the former, then I guess I know where you stand. What is your take on it?

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I think they planned to impale them with Fuzzys horns, or beat them with Pelosi's laptop. They had mad skilz. Steven Segal sh!t.

It appears from my vantage point (MIDDLE OF THE ROAD GUY over here) that you are looking to make lite of a situation that seriously threatened our very democracy (republic, if you will) (Hang Mike Pence - remember?) because it doesn't match up with your political convictions. Those have to be some pretty firm (or clueless) convictions. Are you making lite of it because you TRULY do not see there was attempted "something" that day (riot, insurrection, coup de tat, something was brewing that day) or because a stronger far right talking head told you there was nothing?
edit on 18-5-2021 by Server181 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I have never called for investigations, the anti trumpers with TDS are the ones that want to investigate everything and waste time and money investigating when they know nothing will come of it. They get nothing else done and feel that their investigations are what justify them being there. I would be all for investigations if anything ever came out of them if. Their "investigations" consist of them calling a witness up, then the congressperson makes a 5 minute statement and asks a gotcha question that can not be answered with a simple yes or no answer and then run out of time. They are nothing more then taxpayer funded opportunities for these morons to make a political soundbite for the next election. Disgusting what this government has become.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Common Liz.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That was no more a "threat to our democracy" as any other sit in at the capitol and you know that.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Server181
I am not surprised. The republicans following 45 are pretty blind (intentionally) to the incident that happened that day.

JUST IN: House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy has announced he's opposed to a bipartisan agreement for an independent commission to investigate the January 6 attack on the Capitol, siding with Republicans who have tried to downplay efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Story here:

I bolded the part I enjoyed reading the most. It highlights the epitome of hypocrisy from democrats who tried to impeach 45 over the word of an anonymous source, and then impeached him over collusion that was never proven.

Thanks, poster.
edit on 18-5-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That was no more a "threat to our democracy" as any other sit in at the capitol and you know that.

And you have shown me what I was thinking. Thanks for the response. I know where you stand now.

I disagree though with what you said here

"the anti trumpers with TDS are the ones that want to investigate everything and waste time and money investigating when they know nothing will come of it."

It is truly the far right "trumpers" (to quote you) that want to investigate every state he didn't win. It was the far left wing nuts that want to impeach and investigate everything trump. See, both sides are the same (or at least more alike than far left and far right worshipers care to admit)

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I am not surprised. The republicans following 45 are pretty blind (intentionally) to the incident that happened that day.

JUST IN: House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy has announced he's opposed to a bipartisan agreement for an independent commission to investigate the January 6 attack on the Capitol, siding with Republicans who have tried to downplay efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Story here:

I bolded the part I enjoyed reading the most. It highlights the epitome of hypocrisy from democrats who tried to impeach 45 over the word of an anonymous source, and then impeached him over collusion that was never proven.

Thanks, poster.

Oh I agree, the far left wing nuts screaming IMPEACH IMPEACH followed their cult leader (Pelosi) as feverishly as the followers of Trump followed him into a fake battle of fraud. This thing goes BOTH ways and runs DEEP.

Thanks poster #2

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MayRenee
Like I said I've got over 200 screenshots from this website. They knew they would not be able to carry weapons in, duh, so they planned to use what they had, also to disarm officers which thank God, did not happen. All they needed was rope for Pence, they planned to publically hang him.

originally posted by: willzilla
If that was the plan, they would have went in armed and there would have been nothing anyone could have done about it.

There were thousands upon thousands of people there. If they wanted to go in armed, they would have gone in armed. If they wanted to hang Mike Pence, they would've hanged Mike Pence. If they wanted to cause an insurrection (a real one), they would have caused an insurrection.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It appears from my vantage point (MIDDLE OF THE ROAD GUY over here) that you are looking to make lite of a situation that seriously threatened our very democracy (republic, if you will) (Hang Mike Pence - remember?) because it doesn't match up with your political convictions. Those have to be some pretty firm (or clueless) convictions. Are you making lite of it because you TRULY do not see there was attempted "something" that day (riot, insurrection, coup de tat, something was brewing that day) or because a stronger far right talking head told you there was nothing?

what I think about the 6th is pointless, but I'll offer my opinion as if it matters.

The gaggle of pissed off people Trump called to gather had no direction, no plan, no orders. They were just there as if it were another rally. Now they were all mad, and having the Georgia election results come out the same day only pissed them off more. Many people went to the capitol, and I'm sure at least a couple of them wanted to "do something", but likely had no idea what that "something" was. Most were following a crowd. When trying to assign blame, I think a real leader would stand up and accept responsibility. Trump told them to come, and they did. He didn't tell them what to do next, which might have saved his party from the massive onslaught of stupid that followed the 6th, but that ship sailed.

Now Trump is guilty of calling them all there, but that's about it. His entire movement was built around being the antithesis of BLM, violence, anti-police, stupidity. So to have his supporters get aggressive with cops is backwards and wrong. It doesn't make sense. But there is video of it happening, so there it it.

Now if there was a plan, if those who entered the capitol meant to do harm to others, there was nothing stopping them from being fully armed and charging into the chamber killing any and all elected officials. The police were overwhelmed with no weapons present. So we all dodged a bullet on that one, both literally and figuratively. There is video of cops letting folks in. That isn't in dispute to my knowledge. Knowing that is fact, who should be arrested and for what? Sure anyone who swung at a cop, needs to be punished. But grandma who followed the crowd into the capitol while the police held the door open, not so much. (IMHO)

So it's easy enough to see that no real plan existed, nobody came with the idea of "killing Pence and Pelosi", aside from maybe one or two ultra right wing nutters, and they didn't have the gnads to do anything violent either. It was a LARP. And because it could be used to make Trump look bad, it was metastasized into the "insurrection" that is talked about today. If what happened was even close to what is claimed, they would have stacked bodies on top of one another for days.

I hope this post is enough to change the events of the world in a positive way.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So them strolling leisurely INSIDE the capital after being let in by police( betting YOU didn't see that video on MSN) with NO WEAPONS is an insurrection??? i want to be clear on your belief VS reality here. Where is the proof of those plans again? OH........we need one of those special counsels where long winded life long politicians get up and talk and talk and talk.... They have already gained access to all of the emails/instagram/twitter/etc...trespassing is the best they got so far. Trump was exonerated ( oh except for the all DEM shampeachmint).....and what exactly foiled this attempt to insurrect? Where was that BATTLE to save the capital? where was the military tactics to take over the capital? DeNILE isn't just a river in Egypt anymore. Wake up please. Your country is being stolen and they have tricked you into helping them!! Still all about TRUMP though.... hahah... i'm gonna let you in a little secret..most of us realize he's gone and we can care less. WE WANT OUR CONSTITUTION. The media has zombified you into thinking its Trump( and his Nazi's) vs the rest of the USA. I have no idea what Trump is up to and most everyone I know( MOST PEOPLE) could care less about him like I do.

reply to: MayRenee

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Story here:

Thanks, poster.

Oh I agree, the far left wing nuts screaming IMPEACH IMPEACH followed their cult leader (Pelosi) as feverishly as the followers of Trump followed him into a fake battle of fraud. This thing goes BOTH ways and runs DEEP.

Thanks poster #2

The only way to end this is to audit and investigate every single politician in Washington and impeach the ones who broke laws, thereby replacing them with people who can pass an investigation. Until then, this back and forth will never end. At least not until there's a civil war and this country splits in half.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Right on point. I'll just add that even if Trump had told them what to do next and if it had nothing to do with protesting or walking to the Capitol, the democrats would still have made a big stink out of something and we'd still be here talking about how mean Trump is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join