It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dance With The Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If you like Metal/Rock/Guitars and dig some Synth, here's this insane good duo Justin Pointer/Tony Kim named "Dance With The Dead" for you.

They really kickstarted my heart

The real deal for me, sick artwork, too! Love the apocalyptic riffs.

Enjoy and what you think? Do you know similar Metal-Synth-Horror artists?

edit on 17.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: formating, the 2nd

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I like these. The artwork's awesome. Reminds me a bit of Iron Maiden's art.

Actually, it makes me think of like Iron Maiden combined with this Guy's music

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
That guy is either very trippy or creative

Now that you write it, it reminds of Iron Maiden, the art. Color scheme and topic. The two coming out from the cinema... the expression from the one seeing something exciting out of sight...

I dig it, it's genius

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

That guy is an insane electronics genius who builds analog synthesizers. He's done a few crazy projects. He made a synth entirely out of furbys.

I've always loved the old school horror comic style artwork Iron Maiden used. Dance with the Dead definitely uses that same style.
edit on 17/5/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

My trippy observation was about the 3D stuff, like the eyes and the teeth, just wild lol (but not saying it's bad!). But typing this while reading your post I figure this is something he built!

He made a synth entirely out of furbys.

OMG this is real
Feast your ears on the nightmarish melodies of this Furby-powered synth organ

Add: OMG I got to the freeze/loop switch part, I've never heard myself laugh so diabolical because it's so hell anoying it's funny again. My cheeks are hurting, that made my day.

edit on 17.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Dead Can Dance - The Chant Of Paladin.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Honestly, his channel's really cool if you like that kind of stuff. Yeah he built the creepy face thing, originally in an old Apple ii but i think he's redone it since then.

#ing furbies. My sister had one, she got bored of it and left it in a drawer, it slowly died for months. It would start talking randomly and making noises, until eventually it just became this rattling death gurgle for another month, then shut up for good.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'll look at his channel, if only looking for neat tricks and knowledge, because I am not into electronics, I can wire up devices and know some physics behind but the switching logic, is off world magic for me.

"weeeee hou"... my brother had a Furby, too. As soon as you moved it without putting a sheet of cardboard underneath, it would blabber on for eternity, we shared a room together..

It did that until I learned that nail clear coat isn't conducting electricity when we did physics experiments at school. Just a hint on the batteries poles and the second time I did it right and put it on the plates for contacting the batteries instead.

Science applied

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Not too big into electronics myself. I do like stuff about analog synths though and dude's just so eccentric and strangely brilliant.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Maybe that's what it is, being eccentric and brilliant often goes hand in hand with autodidact-ism. He's one and he has fun, I think the eccentricity might come with the ability to easy sponge up new information.

My foster dad / uncle was very eccentric I would say, but in a funny way. When he did something eccentric and I asked why, answers were like "because I can" "because I want to" "because I want to see if I can" "why not?".

He would run against a door by accident, and give the door a preaching to "gdamn pay attention where I walk you.... door", taking himself not too serious and laugh about his own stupidity. I think he did the latter one on purpose and only when someone was around, not walking against the door, but using the situation to bring some "strangeness" into daily life or else it's so boring.

top topics

join