It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering the Dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We're actually on the same page more or less.

I'd hope that as we discuss the conspiracies surrounding this we do not forget that part of this all and realize that some of the people reading may have suffered losses. We should be sensitive to that.

I think my point was a fair one and it's sometimes lost in all of this.

I think the largest conspiracy in all of this is that in this day and age, we were so ill-prepared. All the scientific knowledge we have, all the resources we have and yet it still got out of control.

For me, that is the real conspiracy here and your points reinforce that in my mind. After all the preparation and all the science, this whole thing has been a giant mess. Our reaction to this has been based more on panic and optics than it has on science from the start.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat
Probably because his point isn't about any of that.

It is about recognizing that there are people who have had loved ones diagnosed, treated and who didn't survive and that to them all your theories about this being fake, a simulation or whatever doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Exactly right.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think we kinda forgotten the fact that what does not kill you makes you stronger. The more man made chemicals we put into our bodies the more harm we do to our bodies. Cases in point. We use so much toothpaste we have to see the dentist every year. We use so much birth control pills we have trouble conceiving when we want to have kids. We use so much vaccines we get sick from the weakest flu. The best is to trust mother nature. Only mother nature knows best for our bodies.

“By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers; it would still be his were the Martians ten times as mighty as they are. For neither do men live nor die in vain.”

― H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds

edit on 16-5-2021 by TaiHaChen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I think as we discuss the conspiracy topics surrounding Covid, we should also remember that the virus is real and the incredible number of people who have died.

The latest official numbers just in the US stand at 584,510. Whether you believe that number or not, this thing has taken a huge number of lives. Grandparents, parents, children, grandchildren, and friends have been lost sooner than need be.

As I read through all the anti-vaccine threads and those arguing the true source of it all, I think at times we forget there has been real suffering and real lives lost. I'd hope that as we discuss the conspiracies surrounding this we do not forget that part of this all and realize that some of the people reading may have suffered losses. We should be sensitive to that.

To put this in perspective.
282,000 US Military and Allies Dead in Vietnam
33,686 US Military dead in the Korean War
407,300 US Military dead in WW2
I'm only including the US Military in these numbers.

Even if you only believe the numbers are half what's reported, it still matches the number of US dead in the Vietnam War. I think it's important we remember that and understand the magnitude of the losses to this virus.

I think the largest conspiracy in all of this is that in this day and age, we were so ill-prepared. All the scientific knowledge we have, all the resources we have and yet it still got out of control.

A shame those numbers are just guess work and don’t reflect any reality. But keep drinking the aid and continue to not use critical thinking skills when an authority tells you.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

www.hopkinsmedicine.org...

Coronavirus vs. Flu Deaths
COVID-19: There have been approximately 3,346,827 deaths reported worldwide. In the U.S, 584,495 people have died of COVID-19 between January 2020 and May 14, 2021.*

Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, the vast majority of people do not yet have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Numbers are semantic to the empirical reality of a dead family member. As a human being, surely you can get behind a call for empathy in times like this. There's nothing political about the post, not everything has to be a fight.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: v01db01
a reply to: KansasGirl

www.hopkinsmedicine.org...

Coronavirus vs. Flu Deaths
COVID-19: There have been approximately 3,346,827 deaths reported worldwide. In the U.S, 584,495 people have died of COVID-19 between January 2020 and May 14, 2021.*

Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, the vast majority of people do not yet have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu.

How many people test for flu like they did for covid? I bet hardly anyone takes PCR tests for flu. On the other hand, just about every person took a PCR test for covid last year. So it is expected the vast majority of flu cases and deaths are not documented the way covid cases and tests were documented last year.

Also, severity of diseases gradually decrease over time as people who are not immune die off and survivors have varying degrees of immunity. Cases in point. When influenza hit in 1918 mortality rate was more than 10%, by now it is less than 0.5%. When covid hit in 2019 mortality rate was more than 10%, by now it is a bit more than 1%.

“By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers; it would still be his were the Martians ten times as mighty as they are. For neither do men live nor die in vain.”

― H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds

edit on 17-5-2021 by TaiHaChen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TaiHaChen

Strawman much bro?

We had that many covid deaths despite an unprecedented worldwide response and money that the likes of 1918 couldn't fathom. What do you think Covid-19 would have done back in 1918? You're just throwing crap at the wall hoping to divert away from the facts. Those facts clearly show that TODAY, Covid-19 is much deadlier than the flu, which is the misinformation I responded to.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: v01db01

Strawman much bro?

We had that many covid deaths despite an unprecedented worldwide response and money that the likes of 1918 couldn't fathom. What do you think Covid-19 would have done back in 1918? You're just throwing crap at the wall hoping to divert away from the facts. Those facts clearly show that TODAY, Covid-19 is much deadlier than the flu, which is the misinformation I responded to.

You have no proof covid is deadlier than flu today. Come back to me when everyone on the planet does PCR test for flu like everyone on the planet did PCR test for covid last year. How about we document as many flu cases and deaths as possible? How about that, huh? How about it?
edit on 17-5-2021 by TaiHaChen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

We have the data that's been collected so far by the people on the planet who do science for a living. You have your keyboard warrior conspiracy theories.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Nearly 150,000 people die each day around the world since long before Covid for various reasons.

Should we remember them also?

Why does Covid make people special and more worthy of our rememberance?

Asking for a friend.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Nearly 150,000 people die each day around the world since long before Covid for various reasons.

Asking for a friend.

Mass media. Mass hysteria. Mass profit. I wouldn't be surprised if Fauci and his gang released it from their labs intentionally to infect everyone so they can sell more of their dirty vaccines. Shame! Shame! Shame!

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

If you want to.

Nobody forced you to click and respond to this thread.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Covid is a very minor portion of daily global deaths. Not even 1%. Most deaths are attributed to other diseases like AIDS, tubercolosis, influenza. After this year covid won't be documented anymore. No one will bother testing for covid anymore. It'll become yet another forgotten disease in the sea of diseases.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

If you want to.

Nobody forced you to click and respond to this thread.

That's true. Just like nobody forced you to read or reply to me.

Isn't freewill and being able to have an opinion of your own like every one else just wonderful?

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo
I know, that is why I didn't ask you why you even bothered to reply to the thread.

That would imply that I felt I deserved an explanation. I don't but neither do you, or your "friend".

edit on 19-5-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join