It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT: Nova Scotia Government Granted Injunction to Stop "anti-mask", "anti-lockdown" Protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Good luck to you my friend!

Keep us posted .

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Canadian Federal and Provincial Governments totally lost their minds once they were offered the opportunity to grab more power.

The thing is, in Alberta, the ruling Conservative Party is starting to fracture. A lot of MLAs realize that they aren’t going to get elected again if they keep this crap up.

The unfortunate part about this is that with a fractured Conservative Party the door will be opened for the NDP to get elected next time.

Thank God the NDP lost the last election. If they were in power now it would be far worse.

A lot of Canadians are against what is happening and a lot are really brainwashed. The division is starting to become evident.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Sparkymedic

I can't access any paperwork right now, but who called for the injunction?

From what I've seen 95% of people here are "doing as they're told", and the other 5% are very respectful about keeping their distance from everyone. It's so strange that 1 year in, the government cares about a protest.

The injunction was requested by the Premier of Nova Scotia, Iain Rankin and made possible by the Nova Scotia Supreme Court. He was not elected as the previous leader stepped down a few months ago.

His social media posts are one of contempt for the public and pure gaslighting. Not a leader at all. He should resign.

I just wrote a letter to him and many others in government demanding they reverse course or resign immediately. This is unacceptable, pandemic or not.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

So apparently, they're "not" removing anyones rights to peacefully protest, they're saying you have to wear a mask, social distance, and follow limits on how many people can be in a space.

I still thinks it's BS, personally, but I also think you could still stage an even more effective protest, because people would be shocked to see these "anti-mask" or "anti-vaccine" advocates still protesting peacefully like the mostly sane people they are, just trying to do what's best for them.

Hopefully your protest goes well tomorrow.

Thanks, much appreciated. I hope all goes well too. A lot is on the line, personally...life, wellbeing, future, family, friends. My dad just called yelling at me for the email I wrote the Premier demanding his resignation. Guess it'll be a while before we talk again. I know he's scared. I am too. I'm a hard working man. I run clinics. I employ many people across this country. I have a lot to loose here.

The media has spun this protest. It is not anti-mask. It is not anti-vax, it is pro democracy, rights and freedoms. That is it. Take that to mean what you will.

NS Court Injunction Order

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Good luck to you. I was going to attend the rally on the south shore awhile back but wasn't in the area that weekend. After seeing the public lynching that went on after the fact that also led up to the injunction for tomorrow I'm sure...I've stopped being openly vocal in support.
The pitchforks came out in full force as you know and this province is a real ugly shade of liberal red right now.
I'm not anti-mask or anti-vax if it makes people feel safe...so be it. I wear a mask when I go out to be respectful of the fear that others have. Have not signed up for vax..nor will I.
But to use a pandemic as the foothold for the slight of hand to instill their new version of normal is intolerable.
I know the Freedom rally is trying to make everyone understand this...but most are so blind with fear here and think outright obedience is the only way.
There are many who support you from a distance (6 feet) lol and appreciate you having the guts to stand up and say something. Just wish we could get the End the Lockdown coalition out here...
But the masses might burn them at the stake....

I agree. I absolutely love the Canadian maritime and the people here. The vast majority of us are kind, loving people. However, yes there is a large part of the population with mindset that consistently obeys without question. Just mind blowing to me.

However, now I see that there is a rally being promoted about poor Palestine. Like, WTF???

Did you know, based on stats Canada that Ontario and Nova Scotia have both had a noticeable uptick in human trafficking over the past year with these lockdowns?

The world is losing it's mind.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Fortunately I was not arrested, but many people were. No one resisted. It was possibly the most peaceful thing I have ever seen. People were basically being arrested for having a picnic at a national historic site in downtown Halifax. But then in the Halifax Commons, a block away, there were lots of people in the fields gathering and going about normal life...no cops there!

It's a sad day for this country. I am embarrassed by our "leaders".

People Arrested
edit on thppmSat, 15 May 2021 15:27:06 -0500k2105America/Chicago1527 by Sparkymedic because: Added a news link

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I just watched a video shared over Facebook with one of the arrests...man with a dog...
I'm speechless.
Guess you needed to be in a car rally to be allowed.
/ sarcasm off.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Yeah, this is just insane. My partner and I went to the beach later to just clear our minds of the highly emotional and negative energy. Decent amount of people there, like any weekend with beautiful weather in Nova Scotia. Some people were wearing masks, but most were not. Literally the exact same scenario as where the "protest" was taking place.

To me, and I am sure anyone with half a brain, it makes no sense to wear a mask outdoors in the open. It spreads mainly as an aerosol. So a cloth mask or unfitted N95 will do dick all in the best case scenario. And on top of that I'm pretty sure there are few if any reported cases, let alone people dying from catching it outdoors anywhere.

But to each their own. I don't know what anyone's health status is. Nor do I care to know. Not my business or responsibility. I just look at them with a curious stare and shake my head.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I read it the arrests were all for show and after the media left everyone was let go. I hope that is true.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There have been warnings in my area of suspicious vehicles following women. But then again...pre pandemic Nova Scotia was deeply involved in trafficking.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
There have been warnings in my area of suspicious vehicles following women. But then again...pre pandemic Nova Scotia was deeply involved in trafficking.

Indeed. Sure makes one wonder about the motive and background of the guy who did all the shooting last year. Strange that he was able to get $400,000 in cash from a Brinks depot weeks before the tragic events. And then the whole mocked up police cruiser and uniform. Not sure if we'll ever know why that happened.

NS is a beautiful place with beautiful people, but just as capable of being as insane as anywhere else on this planet.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I just came across this, even though it's from the 18th.

Link.

So, at least some of the protesting about the ridiculous overreaching injunction was heard by the people legally protecting our charter rights!

posted on May, 25 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Good to see for sure. But I highly doubt this will change much. Nova Scotians are a passive bunch...as are most people in this world.

I don't see good things on the horizon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join