It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonial Pipeline paid nearly $5 million in ransom

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Send a seal team hit squad over to assonate them.

Sounds a little risqué.

Better send the Clinton's Seal Team in for that one...

Ah yes... Suicide by multiple stab wounds to the back.. brilliant.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The company has had decades to have a plan to deal with a situation such as this.

I imagine IT leadership get as pay raise.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I'm going to buy a Tesla Model S now... Been waiting for something the push me to pull that trigger. It seems used ones are now like 50k.

The next target could be energy companies.

Next to that the fact that Biden's government refused to assist and put feds or any CI on it is suspect to say the least.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

What Americans should really be asking themselves is. If the China Biden administration is not using the law/executive order China Biden passed in April 2021 which in specific CLAIMS it targets RUSSIAN HACKERS, and other "Russians" whom would work directly or indirectly for the Russian government, then whom are they targeting with this law?...

Executive Order on Blocking Property with Respect to Specified Harmful Foreign Activities of the Government of the Russian Federation

April 15, 2021 • Presidential Actions

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) (NEA), section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (8 U.S.C. 1182(f)), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,
I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, find that specified harmful foreign activities of the Government of the Russian Federation — in particular, efforts to undermine the conduct of free and fair democratic elections and democratic institutions in the United States and its allies and partners; to engage in and facilitate malicious cyber-enabled activities against the United States and its allies and partners; to foster and use transnational corruption to influence foreign governments; to pursue extraterritorial activities targeting dissidents or journalists; to undermine security in countries and regions important to United States national security; and to violate well-established principles of international law, including respect for the territorial integrity of states — constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States. I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.
(ii) to be responsible for or complicit in, or to have directly or indirectly engaged or attempted to engage in, any of the following for or on behalf of, or for the benefit of, directly or indirectly, the Government of the Russian Federation:
(A) malicious cyber-enabled activities;
(B) interference in a United States or other foreign government election;

Executive Order on Blocking Property with Respect to Specified Harmful Foreign Activities of the Government of the Russian Federation

edit on 14-5-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is why anyone with common sense would have critical systems air gaped. This will probably lead to power grids being hit by ransomware this summer/winter.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The company has had decades to have a plan to deal with a situation such as this.

I imagine IT leadership get as pay raise.

Its actually simple its called back up your data the fact they were not doing this shows they are not a company that plans anything.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Servers Of Colonial Pipeline Hacker Darkside Forced Down: Security Firm. Someone hacked the hackers. Good. www.barrons.com...

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Paying a ransom should be a criminal offence.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: seedofchucky

Once again, it's a private corporation. They're responsible for their own cybersecurity.

Seriously ?

17 effing states effected.

It's a god damn national security matter.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We should federalize all energy so big government marys have one less thing to complain about. Works well with healthcare, doesn't it?

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's almost like there are glaring flaws in unfettered capitalism.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
This is why anyone with common sense would have critical systems air gaped. This will probably lead to power grids being hit by ransomware this summer/winter.

All part of the plan to raise Hell and make Chaos 😎

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Servers Of Colonial Pipeline Hacker Darkside Forced Down: Security Firm. Someone hacked the hackers. Good. www.barrons.com...

Could be part of the False Flag Controlled Opposition agenda 😎

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Could be part of the False Flag Controlled Opposition agenda 😎

Last 4 years they never missed a chance to point the finger at Russia. Hackers are Russia based.

Now suddenly silence.

Biggest false flag since covid began.
edit on 15-5-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Took their money too go army lol.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dwrdwrdwr
Paying a ransom should be a criminal offence.

Then nobody would come forwards to law enforcement.

One essential part of the job is identifying the (correct) victim.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This just popped up on the twit
Pipeline goes offline

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Colonial Pipeline CEO Tells Why He Paid Hackers a $4.4 Million Ransom
www.wsj.com...

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bearack
So, I found this accusation interesting and consider the source when reading, however I could ABSOLUTELY see this from this administration as they have an agenda to move away from fossil fuels, sooner rather than later and even in their own statement of "Well, if you had an electric car, this would have not been an issue." I found disturbing, especially after reading this accusation.

Cybersecurity tycoon Kaspersky claims CIA hackers could actually be behind US Colonial Pipeline attack blamed on Russian group

Good find...
110% inside job by our government, especially after seeing Biden advertise that electric truck.

This administration is by far the dumbest I have ever seen, it's like a scripted low-budget B movie.

edit on 06050631pm312021Wed, 19 May 2021 19:06:36 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join