It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Username Weise here at ATS was Minn. Shooter Killer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
SO, absolutely. We never know whos on the other end pounding the typewriter keys and what frame of mind they might be in.

I think we should all pay attention as to what somebody may be trying to say and not dismiss them as loons.
Kindness doesnt hurt, either.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I havent had a chance to read thru all of this thread but the fact that the news is reporting he belonged to a "Nazi" website...Do they mean us?
A Nazi website....

Just reiterating Fred's comments. Read the news stories, they'll relate the sites they mention. He frequented many forums, and many far more "sensationalized" than ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by dgtempe

No its not ATS. Like many of us, he may have frequented many spots on the Internet.

My condolances go out to the families of the victems of this tragic event
Thank you for clarifying this. I was wondering. Of course i should have known.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

Does anyone else see the irony of ATS members calling for a 'cover-up' with this guys posts and involvement at ATS? I can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy ... thread after thread screaming about Governmental cover ups and conspiracies and then when something hits close to home how do some members react? Hide it, quick! Cover it up! Don't let this be known!

I agree, and I fell into the trap. I was happy that it was in rats. When it was taken out I wasnt upset. I felt we didnt want that kind of media, to the media we all would be the same Nazi web-site.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I feel like ATS should make a statement in response to this on the front page. This is the proffesional and right thing to do. Those of you who want this hidden must have somethign to hide

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I remember reading his owl thread in the paranormal forum.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of that thread. It was a bad omen indeed. ... creepy...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
here's a picture of weiss...

taken from CNN.Com

He doesn't even look 16 years old... looks like a very happy kid to me...

Very Very said situation....

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
IM just pissed his dumbass decided to do this. My moms already heard about this being a nazi breeding ground. Shes pissed cause weridos like us are gonna be the new target of society. Honestly, id say there are more Nazi's in the white house then there are here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
OMG, he's just a baby...what a shame...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
IM just pissed his dumbass decided to do this. My moms already heard about this being a nazi breeding ground. Shes pissed cause weridos like us are gonna be the new target of society. Honestly, id say there are more Nazi's in the white house then there are here on ATS.
THIS IS NOT THE WEBSITE THEY'RE REFERRING TO.

See?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
I feel like ATS should make a statement in response to this on the front page. This is the proffesional and right thing to do. Those of you who want this hidden must have somethign to hide

I don't want to approach anything that may be considered capitalizing on this tragedy. This thread should be sufficient.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
We will see how everything progresses. I myself made like 30 post out of shock lol. Now that ive vented I feel better. But not to long before they bring this site into question.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
here's a picture of weiss...

taken from CNN.Com

He doesn't even look 16 years old... looks like a very happy kid to me...

Very Very said situation....

He was 9 in that picture.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My thoughts are with the families.

But.......

There are over four thousand ppl on ATS right now. Over one million ppl come here every month.

Are we to take responsibility for all of them ?

We keep a well moderated site. Active and regular members know we clamp down on any illegal behaviour when we see it.

But we're not doctors.

We can't decipher the unconscious mind and predict who's going to do something like this.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
thanks Spittin.... I missed that...

trying to read and post here at work... I get distracted from well ATS of course..... the work can wait..

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't go on ATS for 2 days and look what happens!?! This is all news to me!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well I'm shocked and saddened about the whole thing, and now stunned to find out that this young guy had a link to ATS. I think it's natural to feel that we could have noticed something, or done something and things could have ended differently, but the truth is that even the people close to him weren't able to stop it happening.

It's the families and friends of the victims we need to feel for now, they're the ones that might come here one day looking for insights into why this kid did it.
I hope that they'll find we were caring and respectful of their losses at this time, not sidetracked into concerns about ourselves or our board.

d1k

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wow, you never know what you'll read next on ATS. Good work to the OP for figuring this out. I'm personally glad this has been taken out of RATS. Why would you guys feel the need to put it in there? You worried about ATS somehow being blamed for this? ATS obviously had nothing to do with it, it was just one of the several boards this kid posted on, and apparently one of the more normal ones. No need to hide the fact that he was here nor be ashamed or worried about it.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by d1k]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Agreed with JB... we're just a forum. We're not trained psychologists or counselors.

I remember reading some of Weise's posts and I'm saddened that it came down to this. I had noticed (but not remembered) that he lived on or near a reservation and I wonder if the social problems there contributed to what went on.

And I noticed the difference between the aftermath here and the aftermath of Columbine. I don't see news stories about counselors rushing in to help families or a lot of the other types of support so often seen in tragedies in schools around the nation.

Was it because the school is associated with the reservation? And as a budding anthropologist, I have to ask if the people there are being helped by those who can deal with the problems from (I hate to say it because it sounds so formulaic, but I can't think of how else to put it) a "culturally appropriate approach"?

They say he was teased and bullied. He had access to computers to get here... I wish some of us could have known he needed help.

So very tragic.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join