It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Username Weise here at ATS was Minn. Shooter Killer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm a little shocked and saddened.

But you know what? I don't worry about the effect this will have on ATS. ATS is a website. The dead are real people. I worry about the families of those who have been killed.

If anything, rather then figuring out what to do to protect ATS from involvement in this, can we do something to help those affected by this, BECAUSE he was a member here?

Think about it? I know if a member of an offline group I was a part of had done something like this, I would want to help those affected.

It appears that Weise has no more family, father died from a suicide, mother brain dead, grandfather murdered. So really their may not be family of his that we can help, but possibly the families of those murdered.

BTW, I don't make this suggestion out of guilt, no one should. I make this suggestion out of compassion.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Its amazing how much this kid fits the 'profile'. Death obsseed, weapons obssed. Paranoid. Subject to flights of fantasy. Very gullible. A loner, very low self worth and self esteem, and he directly talks about doing these kinds of things.

I'd normally think that the 'profiles' are too general to be meaningful, but it is odd to see how he fits into it.

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
It appears that Weise has no more family, father died from a suicide, mother brain dead, grandfather murdered.

He murdered his grandfather.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Uhh he did? First I heard of it...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
It appears that Weise has no more family, father died from a suicide, mother brain dead, grandfather murdered.

He murdered his grandfather.

I am aware of that. Does that take away from the pain he caused many other families?
Notice, I am not defending his actions. There wrong.

link   
He did, he killed his grandparents then went to school and started shooting the student.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Uhh he did? First I heard of it...

Grandfather, grandfather's wife/girlfriend, 5 kids at school, school security guard & a teacher.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Omg
thanks for the correction, first I heard of it. This makes it an even sadder day then it already is

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i believe he may still at least an aunt left, I do recall in the leprecon thread, he told a story an aunt told him. This is really a tragedy for that small community.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Banshee - has someone let lightninrod know that his thread was moved - I don't think he has enough points to access RATS? He definitely deserves a WATS vote or two for putting this together - I know he has mine.

Bleys

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Banshee - has someone let lightninrod know that his thread was moved

Yes, a U2U is sent everytime a thread is moved.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Can we get them a month of access to participate in their own thread?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have no problem with lightningrod having access to his own thread, but be warned, I feel he is using this to push his religious message now, but whatever...he's entitled to opinions

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yes, it would be unfair if he uncovered this and started this thread then wasn't able to participate in it because he doesn't have RATS access.

[edit on 3/22/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
fbi just said they're looking into the internet posts, there might be some clues, they seemed hestitant to admit that though.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Yes, it would be unfair if he uncovered this and started this thread then wasn't able to participate in it because he doesn't have RATS access.

Agreed. This guy made a monumental discovery and he can't even discuss it with other members of the forum.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It takes courage to turn the gun on your ownself, takes courage to face death. Knowing you're going to die and actually following through takes heart, I don't care who you are.

He seems to be telling everyone in his threads what he is planning, hinting at it, perhaps without even realizing it. I doubt he had long standing plans. But in retrospective, the signs are there. He often talks about something like this, or sort of off-handedly alludes to it.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Why has this topic been taken out of RATS?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is a sad and tragic event for an obviously troubled person, and even more so for his victims and their families.

I'm sure we can safely say that our hearts go out to the families of those experiencing this tragedy first-hand. It is a human drama few of us can fathom.

While it is important to discuss and attempt to understand the hows and whys of this tragic event, please consider the people touched by this tragedy when posting.

I thank you all in advance for keeping the discussion of this event intelligent, thoughtful, and most important, respectful.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"You're hypnotized by this place, all of you. It's so bright and neatly wrapped that you don't see it's a prison too."

His signature.

I have a quote from the same movie, Dawn of the Dead, that I use as a signature on another site. Desperation can be deadly. If I was homicidal....

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Why has this topic been taken out of RATS?

For non-members that may be reading this, RATS is the Really Above Top Secret forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join