It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Username Weise here at ATS was Minn. Shooter Killer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
this is bad...for ats.

I don't think so. The nature of the internet is that you really don't know who is on the other end. It is a reminder that we have to be careful with meeting someone you met online.

Indeed a sad event.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I remember the white owl thread, and various posts of his about native legends and tales, because he's chippewa, as am I. It just stuck out.

This is really terrible.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
He posted about Red Lake Minnesota

www.abovetopsecret.com...

His last post here was March 3, that wasn't that long ago, did he give any hints of doing this? Did anyone really talk to him?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

this is bad...for ats.

I don't think so. The nature of the internet is that you really don't know who is on the other end. It is a reminder that we have to be careful with meeting someone you met online.

Indeed a sad event.

Did you read the story? It alluded to ATS as a site "Frequented by Neo-Nazi's" unless they were talking about another site, I'm assuming they are refering to ATS. So yes it could be bad news for us. I still feel sick as well.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Shooter on neo-Nazi sites
From correspondents in Minnesota
March 23, 2005

A TEENAGER who killed nine people and then himself at a school on a Minnesota Indian reservation identified himself as an "angel of death" and "NativeNazi".
Officials sealed off the remote town of Red Lake, 100km south of the Canadian border, while they investigated yesterday's bloodbath, the worst United States school shooting since the 1999 Columbine massacre.

Floyd Jourdain Junior, chairman of the Red Lake Indian council, called the tragedy "the darkest day in the history of our tribe."

According to witnesses and school officials, the shooter was 15-year-old Red Lake High School student Jeff Weise, although other reports have put the youth's age at 17.

News.com.au

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I remember his post about being accused of threats at school........I did not reply. I found it very ~ODD~. Just odd, nothing more. A confused and lonley teenager in angst.
Hindsight is 20/20.............I COULD have cared more and contacted this kid and chatted, but I did not. A seriously wasted opportunity to help somebody somehow........I am truly ashamed.

This is a dark day indeed for the apathetic.

I have family in the neighboorhood of Columbine, and we were spared that day.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, according to his profile he was logged into ATS mere hours before his rampage.

Last active: 3-21-2005 at 12:12 AM

Scary.

As said above, I guess it just goes to show that people should be careful, you really don't ever know who's on the other end.

link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Did you read the story? It alluded to ATS as a site "Frequented by Neo-Nazi's" unless they were talking about another site, I'm assuming they are refering to ATS. So yes it could be bad news for us. I still feel sick as well.

Nope, just logged on and got hit with this. If it is ATS they're talking about, we will be able to weather the storm. We have an excellent track record.

link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Did you read the story? It alluded to ATS as a site "Frequented by Neo-Nazi's" unless they were talking about another site, I'm assuming they are refering to ATS.

I doubt ATS was the only site he visited. There are many sites out there, some actually run by nazis and white supremacists - I doubt that the site mentioned was ATS.

The ATS membership has nothing to worry about. The nazi's came in, got booted out and that was that. As for the authorities, there is at least one thread in RATS which mentions the fact that FBI agents (I think) gave ATS the thumbs up. (Jupiter project thread I believe).

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Shooter on neo-Nazi sites

this is really saddening. although I may be out of order for mentioning this but do you think this could bring potential cause for new rules/regulation for the internet?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It looks like they are referring to posts on a different site to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

this is bad...for ats.

Indeed a sad event.

So you are thinking this will be good advertising? In that thread he talked about being a suspect...but almost a year later he has become that which he was suspected of. That's kinda strange...

I don't think that's good publicity for ATS....you do?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Often there are people who post here who exhibit signs of mental illness. I'm not talking toungue in cheek either, there are some people that are occasional posters here who have serious psychological issues and hallucinations. They're usually encouraged.

This school schooting, these murders, demonstrate a real problem with this board, and any board.

Also, on the news they had said he posted to neo-nazi sites. Perhaps they were thinking of this site, and erroneously called it that because of his posts?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It looks like they are referring to posts on a different site to me.

this is a conspiracy site, predominentle anti-establishment..

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow, I'm shocked at your reaction to this 00PS. I think we have a lot more to be concerned with than how this is going to impact our personal posts or the site's advertising at this time.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Weise, the pathetic murderer
I know alot of people, escpially younger people my age, are against Bush. Alot I've told "like" the idea of a Civil war, so theres always going to be Freedom Fighters.

(Not saying I'm planning ANYTHING, just continuing the conversation. )

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In a john titor thread about civil disturbances, waco type events, and the like.

I think its very important that ATS not cover this up. Don't advertise it (or do if you want), but don't put him on global ignore. This kid was pathetic, a loser, a joke, and a vile wasteful murderer. People should be able to see this. And everyone on the board can take some sobering considerations into how 'normal' a poster he apparently is.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Whoever said the Nazi's got kicked out is wrong I think. There are still whtie supremecists and nazis on this board.

Dj...how do you want me to react? The guy is dead and killed many people too. He was a poster here and by the look of his profile and most of his posts he doesn't sound that bad.

But that one post the original poster of this tread exceprted showed he was already accused of planning this.

Systemic failure. He slipped through the cracks in a system not caring about the true problems of the youth.

It's sad for ATS and for everyone else he effected.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Wow, I'm shocked at your reaction to this 00PS. I think we have a lot more to be concerned with than how this is going to impact our personal posts or the site's advertising at this time.

I disagree.. I belive that it would be prudent for 00PS to remove his 'posts'.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Also, on the news they had said he posted to neo-nazi sites. Perhaps they were thinking of this site, and erroneously called it that because of his posts?

Well, keep in mind some news reports give various online nicks he used, including Todesengel and NativeNazi. He didn't use those here ... I don't believe they're calling ATS a neo-Nazi site.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Incredible. Its incredible reading some of these posts. He doesn't start out all 'pro nazi' and barely seems to even know what he's talking about. But with hindsight, yech, its there. Gross, and engrossing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join