It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Jacking vs Self Defense - What makes the difference in charges for these teens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The US is more divided than ever. That is not in question. If you watch the MSM or Social Media it is very evident. The protests and rioting across the nation since 2018 has caused billions in damage, has had cities burnt to the ground or taken over are pushed aside but the Jan 6 protest in DC is pushed as the worst attack on US soil since the Civil War. I think 3000 people in NY and PA or maybe those in Waco or Oklahoma City may have something to say about that. There are those in power today who want the divide that preach unity. This is but one case but the hypocrisy is glaring.

In March of this year two teenage girls attempted to steal a vehicle from a 66 year old man. They entered his Uber, tried to flee in the vehicle and in the crash that ended the crime the man was killed. A video of the entire incident was recorded and released. It ended tragically.

The teenagers were more concerned in the video about their cell phone being missing than the welfare of the man who they tried to rob. They will not be tried as adults. They were in no danger from the driver. They were no defending themselves. However, they caused the death of someone who was only guilty of trying to do his job and provide a ride to someone who summoned him.

Link

The 15-year-old girl charged with killing Mohommad Anwar, 66, entered a guilty plea on May 5 to a charge of felony murder, according to D.C. Superior Court spokeswoman Claire Huber.

Prosecutors dropped the other charges against the teen, whose identity is protected as she pleaded in juvenile court. It’s unclear whether the plea is part of a deal with the prosecutor’s office.

So charges were dropped and she pleads guilty. She will do less than 3 years for murder. This was no accident as it was a felony murder that took place during a crime. Just like those who argued about the Floyd case.

Now, lets go back a few months to 2020 and Look at Kenosha. Rioting because of the shooting of Jacob Blake. Buildings on fire. Cop cars on fire. Police stations attacked. Millions in damage in one night. The following night a 17 year old was there is assist with security and was actually filmed discussing how he was also there help. Security and First Aid. That is what he was there for. For the citizens of Kenosha. He was not looking for trouble.

Link

His cause has garnered widespread support from conservative Second Amendment advocates — including, former President Donald Trump — who seek to paint Rittenhouse as a young champion of the Blue Lives Matter movement and a patriot. (Rittenhouse was 17 at the time of the shootings.)

Meanwhile, Black Lives Matter supporters say Rittenhouse, who was reportedly driven to the protest across state lines from Illinois by his mother, as a white vigilante, intent on stoking racial violence.

Months after his release, Rittenhouse was spotted in a Wisconsin bar with possible members of the Proud Boys, an extremist group that federal prosecutors say played a critical role in storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

In February, Schroeder refused to issue a new arrest warrant or increase Rittenhouse's bail, after he failed to update his current address with the court. But he did prohibit the shooter from associating with white supremacists.

The article talks more about who he is supposed to have hung out with but does not address those who were shot or what they support.

He was then involved in a situation when he was attacked by those who were protesting. He was attempting to put out a dumpster fire and during the scuffle he was shot at and returned fire killing a man. Then fleeing the scene he was attacked again and shot 2 more. Kyle Rittenhouse was then arrested and charged with multiple counts of murder. 2 million in bail.

So you have a case where one teenager attempts to car jack a vehicle and another teen ager who was trying to protect a business and how does it work out? I mean, to be honest, if you listen to the media you would think that the white kid would get off easier and the child of color would be in prison forever or dead. That is not the case. Why is one protected and one is not? One is facing life in prison and one is out in a few years for murder. If the car jacking in DC had been an entitled white girl and a friend who killed an immigrant Don Lemon would be starting each show pointing out they had hoods hidden in their basement. It is a fact.

I am trying to point out the hypocrisy of the entire nation. If you want to state they both did something wrong then they should both be charged fine. It is not about just state law either. It is about optics and how one person in this country can be treated differently than the other but for no real good reason but unlike the media talking points it is the person of non-color who is railroaded while the one of color is protected by DA's and Mayors.

edit on Mayam31amf0000002021-05-12T11:58:34-05:001134 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I am trying to point out the hypocrisy of the entire nation.

I am trying to point out the hypocrisy of the woke liberals and the idiots they continue to vote for.
FIFY

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Isn't justice great? America! The land of the fee!

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

I am trying to point out the hypocrisy of the entire nation.

I am trying to point out the hypocrisy of the woke liberals and the idiots they continue to vote for.
FIFY

Pointing out the hypocrisy of anybody is moot. People are stupid; like sheep just meandering down the shoot to the killing floor. I've made the analogy here before. I've given up. My now life moto is stated under my username to the left. The only very weak compensation left to anyone with a brain that has not been completely washed will be a deep sense of schadenfreude, but that will be a very small compensation as we watch the world burn.

Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.

:
edit on 2021 5 12 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Very well put. Your statements remind me of the current situation in Minneapolis. It's schadenfreude gold. Some of the people who demanded the police be defunded and dismantled are now suing the city because of a surge in violent crime within their districts.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The girls are black.
Therefore car jacking and murder is part of their culture making them immune

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Except that, it really isnt more divided than ever. Social media is designed to be divisive and that makes it look like nobody can agree about anything. Don't let them fool you as well.
In truth, racial tensions are lower than ever before
It's evident by the fact you can even read a black person's opinion online, see them working in shops, hell I even had an amazing black girlfriend once.
America is more integrated than it's ever been.
Or did you forget about apartheid, lynching and burning crosses?
That it was once illegal to marry, vote or even exist some places?
Utter nonsense to suggest that as less divided than now.

The difference now is the mouthpiece of media repeating lies
And blowing situations way out of proportion regularly
People don't riot because they really want to destroy property
They do it because they're frustrated and media tells them to act out
People are easy to manipulate when they're irate

edit on 12-5-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Thanks.

I know that. You know that. It is the small percentage that is constantly driving the narrative as it always has in America. Transrights. LGBT rights. AAPI rights. Pro Life. Pro Choice.The fraction that is used by the Progressives to push the agenda of the month.

It is the new generation that they are targeting. 2-25. The woke generation and the parents who are too scared to say no.

I always tell people who say there has been no advancement to look up Rebecca Crumpler. My son did an essay on her in 5th grade. it shows you know matter who you are 150 years ago you could make it so why not now.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I was working when it happened and the media went crazy saying Rittenhouse was actively searching for people to kill and there was no self defense. My patient asked what I thought and I usually don't like to talk politics at work but I said 'there's always more to the story so I think we need to wait and get the full story' and my patient did not like that at all.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL
Except that, it really isnt more divided than ever. Social media is designed to be divisive and that makes it look like nobody can agree about anything. Don't let them fool you as well.
In truth, racial tensions are lower than ever before
It's evident by the fact you can even read a black person's opinion online, see them working in shops, hell I even had an amazing black girlfriend once.
America is more integrated than it's ever been.
Or did you forget about apartheid, lynching and burning crosses?
That it was once illegal to marry, vote or even exist some places?
Utter nonsense to suggest that as less divided than now.

The difference now is the mouthpiece of media repeating lies
And blowing situations way out of proportion regularly
People don't riot because they really want to destroy property
They do it because they're frustrated and media tells them to act out
People are easy to manipulate when they're irate

Racial equality is higher, racial tensions are also higher than 10 or 20 years ago. It's just not based on fact, it's based on media propaganda.
edit on 14-5-2021 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join