It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on energy drinks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I agree with everyone that those energy drinks are poison, every time that I have tried them, my heart would always race.
So after drinking them a few times, that was it for me.
I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning and another cup (sometimes iced coffee) in the afternoon with a can of Coke in between and then water or iced tea in the evening.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: trollz

You wont like this advice but it worked for me.

No energy drinks, and cut out all caffeinated drinks/foods.
Give it a couple weeks and you’ll be more awake during the day because you’ll sleep
Better at night.

I actually agree, and I resolved a lot of my issues by taking a holiday even from my beloved coffee. I now drink a lot less, and still am sleeping much better than before.

One drink that I consider to be the healthiest in the world, that will give you lots of sustained energy without the crash, is something called Beet Kvass. It is a fermented drink made from cubed beets. Beets are high in natural nitrates, which are easily converted into nitric oxide in the body - which is why beet juice and powders are all the rage right now.

That said, one downside to beets is they are very high in sugar (natural, yes, but it is still sugar). The fermentation process when making Beet Kvass converts most of the sugar to lactic acid and other organic acids, so there is a lot less sugar in beet kvass than there is in juice.

The one thing most sites online that tell you how to make it get wrong is the length of time it needs to ferment. Most of them discuss it in terms of days - 3 days, 5 days, etc. It is barely getting started at 5 days.

My wife makes and sells organic Beet Kvass commercially, and she ferments hers for 6 weeks. It is amazing,both tasting, and how it makes you feel.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Zipfizz is what I drink every morning.

Wow... was really excited reading about this, until I finally found the ingredients...

There is one and only one bad ingredient in it, but it is enough for me to even try it...

Why on earth did they have to put Sucralose (Splenda) in it?!?! They already added xylitol (one of the few sweeteners I'm ok with)...

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yup wife drank sugar free energy drinks and had little to no sugar consumption at all (just from alcohol) and she is now diabetic. I warned her off that # years ago after reading reefer madness or one of the author's other books (2003.)

Stay away from them period it is super toxic and poisonous. Try some COQ10 instead it is available in liquid form gives you much more energy with just a small dose (not cheap tho.)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Do you tonsils need to come out?

Tonsils are a very important part of the lymphatic and immune systems. Why would you make that comment like that?

The only time removal should even be considered is if they are massively infected creating a danger/risk to the person.

But there are also better ways to deal with infections like that than simply removing the organ that is inflamed/infected.

Tonsil removal should only ever be considered as a last resort to save someones life.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Tonsils are a very important part of the lymphatic and immune systems. Why would you make that comment like that

My son had massive tonsils, some of the biggest the Dr had seen. He was having a lot of difficulty sleeping, breathing at night. Once they were removed all his sleep issues went away. Seriously, as soon as he healed, no more sleep issues.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If youre like me, I just get sleepy and lethargic if I sit for more than an hour or so, get up and move or get a standing desk.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
"Tonsils are a very important part of the lymphatic and immune systems. Why would you make that comment like that"

My son had massive tonsils, some of the biggest the Dr had seen. He was having a lot of difficulty sleeping, breathing at night. Once they were removed all his sleep issues went away. Seriously, as soon as he healed, no more sleep issues.

Ok, but that is an outlier - and doesn't change the reality of what I said. Tonsils are a very important part of our lymphatic and immune systems. Yes, we can live without them, but that doesn't change that fact either.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Another thing you might try is GAURANA

I take Solray 400mg. It's a nice even surge of energy that lasts about 6-8 hours, without any speediness or jerkiness that a caffeine high can give you. I have to take it before noon, otherwise it will interfere with my sleep. I like it because it doesn't give me heartburn like coffee and tea can sometimes.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

If youre like me, I just get sleepy and lethargic if I sit for more than an hour or so, get up and move or get a standing desk.

Lunch will make me a bit drowsy. I just get up and find an excuse to take a quick walk or visit the bathroom. Lucky me, the active part of our day is right after lunch though, so I am physically moving.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I like Monster. It has ginseng and Guarana. Also taste good. But I know it's an evil drink made by Satan. Holy water doesn't give me the boost.

I also bought both ingredients and blend it with fruit smoothies. It works.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The only advice I can offer is don't drink energy drinks , your body will thank you.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You asked for a good energy drink recommendation so here it is...Jocko GO.

Sweetened with Monk Fruit. Now i agree with others on limiting the use. I have one of these only when i need a real kick because i have an unexpected workload in front of me.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Anybody on here have any info or experience with the "BANG" energy drinks? I've been kind of hooked on them lately. It's a pre-workout drink, except I'm not working out after I drink them, i'm just working. They give a nice euphoric feeling, and get you kind of pumped up, as there is quite a bit of caffeine in them.
I've tried to find online if there's any negative reviews or nasty stories involving that drink, but couldn't find anything. I have not checked for a few months though.
Something I will note, and this is kind of gross, but the Power Punch flavor gives off a distinct foul odor in my urine after drinking it. Almost like as if I ate some asparagus, but different, and not as pungent, just noticeable. Enough to make me strongly consider not drinking them any more.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I drink Mountain dew once in a while, I like it. I think that those energy drinks are way too expensive for what you get from them. I will take coffee over any of those...I just wish coffee didn't work so well as a diuretic. I don't care for coke, but it works really good at stopping bazoars in my intestines that I force myself to drink one sixteen ounce about once every two weeks. I usually dilute it half with water, it is the phosphoric acid that dissolves the besoars. I have not found any other soda that works as well as coke for that.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What a bunch of... B6 is very good and harmless, because body quickly eliminates most of the vitamin in the urine. Fat soluble vitamins shouldnt be overdosed and abused.

There's absolutely a place for a booster. You can either take a hack or you cause a bloody accident falling asleep at the wheel. Truckers and cops swear by Turbo Force. 10 hours of sustained energy. Slow release.

I like cold brewed green tea. It works better for driving because the L-theanine prevents the brain from going into coffee high beta waves for couple of hours and then crash down. It doesnt help much with coffee caffeine withdrawal headache tho for some reason. Maybe the dose has to be higher. Coffee abuse in the morning and in the evening when it's not really needed messes up the adenosine system - that's true. Then nothing works much at all

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
having a glas of water and reading this thread makes me feel guilty about the enrgy drink I enjoyed this morning, from the sixpack that will last me 3weeks...

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

My neurologist actually told me all the B vitamins are pretty safe and you can't over do it except for B6.

What a bunch of... B6 is very good and harmless, because body quickly eliminates most of the vitamin in the urine.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

What a bunch of... B6 is very good and harmless, because body quickly eliminates most of the vitamin in the urine.

Wrong! You're thinking of B12. Before you go playing doctor, perhaps consult with one first before spouting off (and NO, I am not a doctor/neurologist)!

Maybe you work for Red Bull or Rock Star!! LOL!!

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

My neurologist actually told me all the B vitamins are pretty safe and you can't over do it except for B6.

BINGO!!! We have a winner!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join