It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hogzilla Captured! (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There has been a rumour flying around that South Georgia was home to the monster hog, better know as Hogzilla. Hogzilla was apparently 1,000-pounds in weight and over 12-foot long. Now Hogzilla has been caught and is currently being investigated. Experts are at the scene wearing biohazard suits to exhume to beast's smelly remains. Experts have stated that Hogzilla was probably only 8 feet long and weighted around 800 pounds.

From the founder of the beast:

"Hogzilla weighed in at half a ton on his farm scales, and that he personally measured the hog's length at 12 feet (3.6 meters) while the freshly killed beast was dangling by straps from a backhoe."

edition.cnn.com
She said Hogzilla's tusks -- one measuring nearly 18 inches (46 centimeters) and the other nearly 16 inches (41 centimeters) -- set a new Safari Club International North American free-range record.

That wasn't good enough for Ken Holyoak, owner of the 1,500-acre (600-hectare) fish farm and hunting preserve where Hogzilla was shot by guide Chris Griffin.

"I need to stress that they did not have that much to work with, seeing as how the poor beast had been underground for nearly six months," he said Monday.

"As with any organic being after death, tissues will decompose and the body will atrophy, making actual measurements change over time," Holyoak said. "Have you ever seen a raisin after it was a grape?"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Once a rumour, now fact that Hogzilla existed. It’s always nice when a myth or rumour is proven true of this nature, hopefully the Lock Ness will be next, or how about Big Foot anyone?

Related News Links:
www.snopes.com
edition.cnn.com

[edit on 22-3-2005 by phixion]

[edit on 22-3-2005 by phixion]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Why such the negative voting?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There are two or three threads on this news from a few years ago in the cryptozoology forum.

I noticed that CNN was reporting this this morning. However, as I recall, fuzzily, it was considered to not be at all true. So this is an interesting development.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yeah that's what I was thinking, they've found the body and dug it up.

new topics

top topics

join