It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Farmers Sue the Government for Racism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

It just proves that some people can't farm as well as others. It takes a lot of hard work to be a successful farmer.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: rickymouse
Black farmers got the same right to sell their produce at a price that causes them to be close to bankrupt every year just like white people do. Farming does not pay that great for all the hard work and risk involved. But people in the cities want cheap food, so farmers don't get what they should get for their products.

The sad part is it doesn't take much difference in the price to make it much better for the farmers. I have a good friend that owns a cherry orchard and some years they just let the cherries rot on the trees as the cost to pick and process is more than the going price.

That is even using illegals to pick and process who can do about 10 times more in a day than a typical American.

Yeah, I grew up on a farm so I feel at home talking to farmers. They feel comfortable talking to me because they can sense I was a farm boy by the way I talk. I get along well talking with the small farmers at the farmers markets, we discuss things like pesticides and fertilizer use. I am not against pesticides if used responsibly, it depends on how much they use. Farmers worried about insects eating their crop and causing them to lose the farm will use more of these pesticides, often using way more than needed. I also have no problem with roundup being used once in a field to control crab grass, but only once, then the proper amount of the proper fertilizer will keep the crab grass from coming back for ten years. But Monsanto wants them to be misinformed and dump the chemical on the fields every year until the ground won't grow anything but roundup ready seeds which they sell. It is sad.

I tend to talk to potato and berry farmers the most because I know the most about those, but have worked in big fields picking carrots and green beans and grading them for sale too. Never had much luck with onions, I usually just plant green onions to eat and now I have traveling onions that reseed the area in my yard. I still grow a small garden, mostly cukes and potatoes, and usually have planters with tomato plants and green onions and super hot chili peppers. A half of one of those peppers will flavor my soups so your forehead sweats.

Most big farmers make barely enough to survive. The majority of the people selling produce at the farmers markets have full time jobs and they get extra spending money by farming and also get to talk to everyone at the farmers market....the farmers markets around here are social events. I like walking around at them looking at stuff and buying some foods. Forty years ago nobody went to them very much, it was taboo to grow natural foods, I belonged to the food coop here and people thought I was nuts for spending a little more for organically grown foods.. back then the conditioning that pesticides were harmless was pretty well accepted which led to so many sick people today because of side effects coming from long term consumption of foods treated with chemicals. This is still happening today, I still buy a quarter or more of our food organic but do not need a certified organic label on it either, just a responsible honest farmers word it is natural.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

Where I live, the farmers drive new F250 trucks, and their kids drive Mustangs to school. They live in nice brick homes.

Big trucks are tax write-offs, but need to be over 6000 pounds to get the full write-off to the point they could be close to free. Its not just farmers that do this, but the vehicle needs to be rather big...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

edit on 13-5-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Making things based on race is never a good thing. As they say, "Two wrongs don't make a right". If there are legitimate issues black farmers face *because of race* then that's something that needs to be looked into. However, favoring one race above another isn't the way to solve it.

This is just part of the "woke cult" that fails every time it rears its racist head. However I feel Biden and this presidency will go down in flames so I think this will be one of the lesser things they need to worry about.

Let's just hope farmers win adding another nail in the coffin for the woke cult.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   
These white farmers appear to be lazy and jealous. a reply to: LSU2018

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyJoeSmiths
These white farmers appear to be lazy and jealous. a reply to: LSU2018

You sound a bit envious.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Anecdotal, or in the least you have to take my word for it....

As i type on my phone, im enroute to a substation to survey the boundaries. We survey and write right of way documents, for transmission lines etc. As you can guess, 90 percent of my time is on farmland.

From Jane, ok to Mexico, mo all the way to keokuk, ia....

Every farmer i meet before i go on his property, likes to talk. Meet alot of fine people...

Youll never guess what every single farmer i meet, eventually steers the conversation to. This very topic....

Black, white, hispanic.... ive not heard one farmer diiscuss it positively or think its anything but racist.

And theyre right.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join