It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for Antibody Inflammation Response Increasing Severity of Covid and Possible Treatment

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
in a study released today with the catchy title of

High titers and low fucosylation of early human anti-SARS-CoV-2 IgG promote inflammation by alveolar macrophages

Researchers studied the link between human antibody response and cases of severe SAR-CoV-2 and found evidence that excessive inflammatory response plays a role in worsening the disease. They also found the excessive inflammatory response is dependent on two factors. The first being high titers of anti-spike IgG antibodies which are indicative of underlying severe disease. The second factor is different glycosylation, particularly low fucosylation, of the antibody Fc tail among patients. They also discovered the inflammatory response induced by anti-spike IgG can be specifically counteracted by fostamatinib, an FDA- and EMA-approved therapeutic small molecule inhibitor of Syk kinase.

stm.sciencemag.org...

Patients diagnosed with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) become critically ill primarily around the time of activation of the adaptive immune response. Here, we provide evidence that antibodies play a role in the worsening of disease at the time of seroconversion. We show that early phase severe acute respiratory distress syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) spike protein-specific IgG in serum of critically ill COVID-19 patients induces excessive inflammatory responses by human alveolar macrophages. We identified that this excessive inflammatory response is dependent on two antibody features that are specific for patients with severe COVID-19. First, inflammation is driven by high titers of anti-spike IgG, a hallmark of severe disease. Second, we found that anti-spike IgG from patients with severe COVID-19 is intrinsically more pro-inflammatory because of different glycosylation, particularly low fucosylation, of the antibody Fc tail. Notably, low fucosylation of anti-spike IgG was normalized in a few weeks after initial infection with SARS-CoV-2, indicating that the increased antibody-dependent inflammation mainly occurs at the time of seroconversion.

Finally, we demonstrate that the inflammatory response induced by anti-spike IgG can be specifically counteracted by fostamatinib, an FDA- and EMA-approved therapeutic small molecule inhibitor of Syk kinase.

Not being too sure what fucosylation is...i looked it up

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Fucosylation has been observed in vertebrates, invertebrates, plants, bacteria, and fungi. It is known to facilitate various functions including cellular adhesion and immune regulation. Fucosylation inhibition applications are being explored for a range of clinical application including some associated with sickle cell disease, rheumatoid arthritis, tumor inhibition, and chemotherapy improvements.[6] Fucosylation can help with immune response when a foreign pathogen is introduced in the body. Rapid fucosylation can occur in the epithelial lining of the small intestine as a protective mechanism to support the body’s symbiotic gut bacteria. This may regulate the bacterial genes responsible for quorum sensing or virulence, thus resulting in an increased tolerance of the infection

OK that makes sense with the above study's findings. So some other interesting things i found about fucosylation.

www.nature.com...

Psychological stress can cause dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract by regulating its interaction with central nervous system (brain-gut axis). Chronic social defeat stress (CSDS) is widely used to produce a rodent model of stress-induced human mood disorders and depression. We previously showed that CSDS significantly affects the intestinal ecosystem including cecal and fecal microbiota, intestinal gene expression profiles and cecal metabolite profiles. Here, we investigated whether the glycosylation pattern in the intestinal epithelium was affected in C57BL/6 mice exposed to CSDS (hereinafter referred to as CSDS mice).

In addition, distal intestine expression levels of the genes encoding fucosyltransferase 1 and 2 (Fut1 and Fut2) were downregulated in CSDS mice. These findings suggest that CSDS alters the fucosylation pattern in the distal intestinal epithelium,

So Chronic Social Defeat Stress lowers fucosylation, which according to the first study would increase the chances of severe SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Fucosylation is also related to diet and interactions between gut bacteria and a sugar called fucose.

Fucose is an l-configuration sugar found abundantly in the mammalian gut. It has long been known to be induced there by the presence of bacteria, but only recently have some of the molecular mechanisms behind this process been uncovered. New work suggests that fucose can have a protective role in both gut-centered and systemic infection and inflammation. This review highlights recent studies showing that, in addition to acting as a food source for beneficial gut symbionts, host fucose can suppress the virulence of pathogens and pathobionts. The relevance of gut fucosylation to human diseases also is discussed.

The six-carbon sugar l-fucose was originally discovered in seaweed of the genus Fucus, but it is found in all branches of life. It is one of the few sugars in nature with L stereochemistry. Like all carbohydrates, it has many potential functions, whether as a monosaccharide or as part of a more complex glycan structure, but this review focuses on its presence in the mammalian gut and how it may moderate the host–microbiota relationship there.

One type of food i imagine fucose is not so prevalent in would be highly processed, high glucose foods.

When we take all this together it's just yet more evidence severe cases of covid are prevalent in those with underlying diseases, poor health, chronic stress or poor diets. It also shows the inflammation can be easily treated using FDA approved medicine while still in the early stages of severe infection.
edit on 11/5/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I'm going to need a Medical Dictionary for this one .

I'll respond properly in a few hours.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Or try fast analysis like this and move on:
More stress from government measures - worse covid.
Inflammatory response induced by anti-spike IgG from vaccines - worse covids next time.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Pretty good thread. I wasn't aware of some of this, I have to reread it again, I dozed off three times reading the article, didn't sleep good last night and need a nap. In order to figure out how to utilize this information to help to reduce expression of the disease, I will have to cut and paste multiple things mentioned and from there try to figure how to deter certain things from happening in the body using natural remedies. A lot of what is discussed I already know a treatment for, but there are still some more things in this article I have not yet studied which might open more doors that I can peek into.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I been reading that a natural remedy use by Asians and Native Americans can ease the more damaging side effects of Covid and now we have to be careful of the shedding of the foreign spikes proteins that people getting the shot are spreading in the air.

Alternative medicine Doctors are warning of possible neurological damage and reproductive problems, those that have develop side effects of Bell’s Palsy and ALS-type symptoms are on for a long term of health problems for life.

The pine needle tea has been used for a long time as a natural remedy for plagues, influenza virus and other ailments.

Even big pharma uses one of the components of this tea for their influenza treatment, read about it guys. Nature always have what we humans need, but you know who the one that we most never speak off, does a terrific job pushing their miracle crap while demonizing natural remedies.

Disclaimer, I am not endorsing any remedies and natural treatments this is all an opinion.

India spike on covid is been linked to the shot itself, the shot is not stopping covid in India at all. Big pharma is blaming a super covid to cover up for their short comings with the shot. One size do not fit all.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Good job copy and paste. You changed We to They.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

reports from India say people are using cow dung as a preventive. Smearing dung and urine all over themselves. Something about promoting bacterial growth, for some reason.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

That is very sad to hear, interestingly people thinks covid is a respiratory illness but many doctors are finding out that is more of a vascular disease when bodies are opened up after a person dies from the disease.

This is good because treatments can be targeted to specific symptoms. The shot is not a cure all and will not stop the spread of covid, as with any other viruses before covid people immune systems kick in and take care of it, but with this shot the future is going to be very unpredictable for those that are taking the synthetic crap.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Summary: 9.4 out of every 10 Covid-19 deaths were individuals who had at least 2 existing medical conditions.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And many of the poor souls that got intubated did not needed to be and died from punctured lungs and damages, specially the elderly.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Summary: 9.4 out of every 10 Covid-19 deaths were individuals who had at least 2 existing medical conditions.

That does seem to be the distilled version of this write up.

Agreed .

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: CharlesT
many doctors are finding out that is more of a vascular disease when bodies are opened up after a person dies from the disease.

Or, it simply attacks the primary weaknesses in whoever is most vulnerable.

The only real solution to the fear of these things is... get healthy!

The problem is, most people don't have a clue due to the rampant dis/mis-information everywhere, from the government bodies that feed us 50 yr old 'science' that has long been proven to be fake/false, to the 'natural health' industry purveyors of the latest fads and potions.

Thankfully, we each are capable of finding the truth for ourselves - as I have.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: carewemust

And many of the poor souls that got intubated did not needed to be and died from punctured lungs and damages, specially the elderly.

Translation: they were murdered by incompetence in our medical industry.

First and foremost - there is nowhere that I'd rather be if I'm in a bad accident than a modern trauma center. Our medical industry is fantastic at dealing with extreme trauma.

But... it is an industry. A commercial, profit based system. The part of it that attempts to deal with chronic conditions attempts to do so in the same way it does with trauma. That is doomed to failure, as is painfully obvious by simply looking around at the numbers of obese children, sickly adults, and everything in between.

Why anyone would trust this system with their ongoing health or that of their children is beyond me.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

It is a sad story in our nations history that will be sweep under the table for eternity, most of the people that were sick with covid in the beginning did not needed to have their lungs damaged from unnecessary intubation.

The numbers are higher that many think. Once a person is intubated for more than a week will not survive the intubation.

top topics

join