It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Voyager 1 detects faint, persistent hum beyond our solar system

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yall might be interested in reading this (listening to this) as well

www.youtube.com...

This is what it was...The Tibetan Monks. The "OM" (OHM) sound..they say its the primoridal sound of the universe and they said this for hundreds or thousands+ years. Incredible it is true

I was never into these Eastern religions/practices, but when someone/something is right they are right

And these folks are clearly on to something. But what?
edit on 5/12/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

They are probably operating from the principle that every single thing in the Universe is vibrating at a particular frequency.

When they are chanting "Om", if done correctly, the sound apparently vibrates at the frequency of 432Hz.

Which is allegedly the same vibrational frequency found in all things throughout nature, hence "Om" is the basic sound of the universe.

Or something along those lines anyhoo.
edit on 12-5-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Yeah yeah my daughter introduced me to simulation theory and the odds of it being true. I dismissed it off hand. Not because I don't believe it or think its possible (Even likely)... but the implications are just too much to consider

I try not to think about it too much. Try being the word because most days my mind had a mind of its own lol.

End of the day if we found out it's all a simulation, what would we do with the information? I don't think there is a lot we could do.

Possibly better left unknown as some of us can process that possibility and the ramifications it would have, but I think the majority of humans would lose their minds, especially where it would undo thousands of years of beliefs.

Then again humans are amazing at deluding themselves regarding what is right in front of them if it doesn't fit their point of view. So who knows?
(heck plenty of examples just here on ATS of that. lol)

I'm pretty sure 'scientifically proven universe is simulation is #fakenews' would be trending pretty quickly regardless.

edit on 19-5-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Hah Hah Atomic....how very true

I am not one to say this often...as I truly think we should have the right or ability know just about anything... but the truth of a simulated reality? It is a little.. spooky... At least at first glance! But it would still (I think?) indicate there had to be a greater reality, meaning we still exist, or at least kind of exist, so in a way it could even be comforting??

I think you are right though, if it is true (and the statistics were indeed enough to make my heart sink) there is not a whole lot we could really do. We'd have to assume we exist for a reason..maybe we generate energy, maybe we solve "problems" fed to us from the simulators, maybe the unused parts of our brains are dedicated to "their" computations, or maybe we are just an experiment or even entertainment... but assuming some sort of mass-awareness leading to mass-rebelion against the simulation did in fact occur, we would run the risk of the simulators terminating the experiment, leaving our "existing" status very much in question

Possibly better left unknown as some of us can process that possibility and the ramifications it would have, but I think the majority of humans would lose their minds, especially where it would undo thousands of years of beliefs.

Then again humans are amazing at deluding themselves regarding what is right in front of them if it doesn't fit their point of view. So who knows?
(heck plenty of examples just here on ATS of that. lol)

AGREED!!! I don't know how I would really react, but truth be told I tend to think down those lines quite a bit and just try to put the thought out of my mind. My wonderful kitty jumped up on my lap as I am writing this and is purring like a motor boat, but his "sureness" is very comforting

You are right there too, makes a lot of problems we face day to day seem very trivial in that context

I'm pretty sure 'scientifically proven universe is simulation is #fakenews' would be trending pretty quickly regardless.

Hah Hah
Sadly yes... It would be buried in favor of celebrity stories, political arguments or personal tragedy. Now here I am again, off to read mundane stories and watch videos of animals being rescued on You Tube to get that out of the old noggin
edit on 5/19/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Fascinating Andy!
I had actually read different things in the past speaking about vibration and frequencies of different objects, and never really knew what to make of it (or honestly, how to even interpret it!)

When they are chanting "Om", if done correctly, the sound apparently vibrates at the frequency of 432Hz.

Which is allegedly the same vibrational frequency found in all things throughout nature, hence "Om" is the basic sound of the universe.

That is really something else! I am going to have to start paying a heck of a lot more attention

Seems the Monks might have known the truth all along. Kind of what they (or at least others) have claimed
Color me impressed!!

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I think I would be okay with it being a simulation, and have my own reasons for thinking it's a possibility, but yeah, wouldn't shake me as much as many people because unless a little green gem appeared over my head and I started getting the urge to jump into swimming pools without ladders despite not wanting to do so. Life wouldn't change.

In some ways it would be more reassuring than not knowing why we're here, what's our purpose and does anything await us at the end or not?

I'd be okay if at my death I got uploaded to the mainframe like a USB drive being plugged into my desktop. lol
Existing as 1's and 0's is still existing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join