It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Sub-Atomic reality, "What The Bleep Do We Know?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I saw this movie in theaters, and I was blown away. In essence it affirms that in our everyday lives we make our own reality, and affect subatomic physics by sheer will alone. It lends credence to "Magic" is real, but in a scientific manor.

I invite any and all to question or comment on this thread, here is the website: www.whatthebleep.com...

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
In essence it affirms that in our everyday lives we make our own reality, and affect subatomic physics by sheer will alone.

By will? No, but its been known for a long time now that the act of observation 'causes' effects. Schrodingers cat and all.

It lends credence to "Magic" is real, but in a scientific manor.

It has absolutely nothing to do with magic. Its relevant to subatomic affects, not macroscopic events.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nygdan, I think I see what he/she's getting at. Take just the part about water, if your emotion changes the water molecules... what about the decision to be happy. What happens if you sit down and concentrate on sad thoughts until you are sad? you then not only effect those molecules, you reinforce those pathways. You could then become chronically depressed.
that is effect by will alone.

as to the subatomic vs. macroscopic- the little things will make up and create the big things. Sometimes you have to take the knowledge you get and draw it out to look at all the stages in the process. Some topics covered could very well lead to an understanding of what would now be magic.
is there reason to think particles don't interact with those near them? If you can effect your particles, you can effect those of others, it would just be a discipline.

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
In essence it affirms that in our everyday lives we make our own reality, and affect subatomic physics by sheer will alone.

By will? No, but its been known for a long time now that the act of observation 'causes' effects. Schrodingers cat and all.

It lends credence to "Magic" is real, but in a scientific manor.

It has absolutely nothing to do with magic. Its relevant to subatomic affects, not macroscopic events.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yes, Blanket girl is on traget with what I am inferring. Schrodinger's cat is part of, but not the whole of the movie.

The water experiment is fantastic, I have taken to carrying around notebook paper to write down positive thoughts for my own benefit.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Another site that tries to marry hardcore science with spirituality and religion. And they sell stuff, too. Please avoid like a plague.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
Another site that tries to marry hardcore science with spirituality and religion. And they sell stuff, too. Please avoid like a plague.

Actually, you are wrong in one respect. This was a movie, the site was secondary. I saw the movie and appreciated it's message, and that's all I'm really asking is visit the site and see if you garner any information from the movie which speaks to you.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
ADHD sux for me too and im only 16

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by blanketgirl
Take just the part about water

the site
Dr. Masaru Emoto discovered that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward them

Complete bs is what it is.

as to the subatomic vs. macroscopic- the little things will make up and create the big things.

Sure, You and I have a wave-function and the like. That doesn't mean that I can collapse a whole person's wave function merely by turning around to look at them, and that they exist as an infinite series of wave-functions until I look at them.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I would like to know if the Emoto experiment is real or not. I can't say that it's complete BS just like that.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
An experiment like that is best regarded as b/s when the guy only reports on it in his own 'self-help' book.

Publish it in a peer reviewed scientific journal and then one has to prove that its b/s in order to say so. At this stage, it's just some bogus claims made by someone.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Seems like a very interesting film.

I'd say that people have a lot more power than some may think.

Troy

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The water crystal scene was probably the most intriguing part of this movie for me. However I was ever so slightly (okay very much) confused about the premise of it all. By concentrating his thoughts on the vials of (distilled) water, was the good doctor able to alter the actual physical makeup of the water molecule or simply just the way we observe it?

I am really very much more skeptical than I thought if he claimed to have changed the actual makeup just by attaching a piece of paper with a few arbitrary words to it.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by coronamoz]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I watched this movie and liked it, but then I read this:

en.wikipedia.org...

The movie What the #$*! Do We Know!? is also a major source of controversy involving Ramtha and a number of scientists. Critics of the film describe it as a pseudoscientific fiction and not the documentary and scientifically based film it projects. JZ Knight appears briefly "channelling" Ramtha in the film to reinforce the apparent connections between ancient spiritual beliefs and new discoveries in quantum physics. The three directors of the film are admitted students of RSE.

The Japanese man who does the crystal photography also sells super-water on his website. His credibility is less than perfect IMO.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I watched this movie last weekend, after seeing it posted on another thread here on ATS, and I gotta tell you all, I thought it totally sucked. pseudo scientific cartoon babble for the MTV generation.

new topics

top topics

join