It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons will have to show photo ID to vote in future general elections

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I didn't klnow that the UK never went along with having ID on you. But it makes sense since the UK never fully joined the EU.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

There is a whole lot of hate and anger in that response. I am not sure that is a bad thing, if it is aimed in the right direction.

I don't hate poor people. I have been there myself. When the topic is voting with an ID I am fairly certain that homeless people are not as concerned with getting to the polls with an ID as they are in getting their next meal. That is not to say that their right to vote is meaningless, it isn't. But its a matter of priorities.

I agree that there should be no homeless, no poor. But we have democrats/liberals who insist on importing as many of them as possible. They promise the brass ring of the good life but in the end these people end up not far from where they started. In a different country, different rules, different faces, but their position isn't much better now than it was when they left wherever they called home. biden promises $400/night hotel rooms and free stuff but that will run out and so will the patience of the people who have to foot the bills for all the free stuff.

Imagine what California would be like if the politicians there focused as much effort on the homeless as they did on banning plastic straws or making sure men can use the women's restrooms. Its a matter of priorities. My priorities are right, the politicians that are supposed to represent us, who failed miserably at it, that have it all wrong.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Sorry, I was not angry with you just the thought of that being foisted onto people whom are not ready for it.

It has a bit of a history in the UK and was debated some time back when the Labour Party had more political clout and they were able to stop it.

It is both good and bad.

It will make voter fraud harder to perpetrate but any fraudster whom is intent will always find a way around it and in the end I agree with the Labour argument that it unfairly targets the poorest in society.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join