It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons will have to show photo ID to vote in future general elections

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Apparently they are smarter in the UK than in the USA...

International study

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I don't see why any extensive, in depth study is required to demonstrate this when an hour's casual perusal of these boards and similar on any international discussion website will provide ample evidence to support and prove this beyond any doubt.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

the gap between the both is smaller than you think

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Unlike the gap between their ears which is clearly evident for anyone who has ever tried to engage in conversation with them.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes, that's correct. I read an article that Labour activists were encouraging "the man of the house" to complete the postal votes for the rest of the household. Some people seem to think this is OK because it's "what they do"; it's cultural! Just like FGM, forced marriage and "marriage" outside of the legal definitaion of marriage i.e. no protections for the woman.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

International study

The the UK and the US go about education in different ways, and that's putting it simply. The grading scale is different. Going beyond primary education and secondary education in the US compared to the UK is one thing sure, but entry requirements are different between the two as well.

Also, the testing done to is biased, and highly selective.

The top scoring countries such as Singapore top the charts because they only pick the best students at the best schools.

That isn't representative of the country as a whole. It's more akin to propaganda.

That would be like the US only picking the top scoring students and having them be representative of the US as a whole.

www.doe.mass.edu...

Further reading.
www.freemalaysiatoday.com...

As someone who's been around the world, including the UK I didn't find myself surrounded by geniuses while walking down the streets.

Speaking of Singapore. It's a country smaller than New York City in both land area and population.

Man, if only Massachusetts was it's own country...
edit on 1152021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

correct

you`re not only the most male, you`re also the most intelligent, now try to be the most funny.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I thought the tories were all about reducing the amount of government overreach into our lives ?

so its ID for voters , hasnt our identity already been verified by the electoral roll , and also the police and protesting bill you need permission from police to protest and locked up for 10 years if you are a nuisance or too loud what the #

honestly the #in tories can go jump off a cliff

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
its all just #in propaganda , oh Americans are all hicks who don't know about the world outside of America. Scots are all tight fisted drunks , etc etc stereotypes to divide us.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

correct

you`re not only the most male, you`re also the most intelligent, now try to be the most funny.

Oh look another user who takes avatars seriously.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

i`m just jealous...

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I think my next avatar is going to say "The most mostest."

I entertained the notion of making one that said "The most gayest," but I'd probably get post banned again.
edit on 1152021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

you should definetly do that, its a good laugh...

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Wait...blacks, Mexicans, and Asians in the UK can figure out how to obtain photo IDs!?!?! WTF is this wizardry? Please, for the love of God UK, share how in the hell you achieved this amazing thing with the USA because we have a clustereff of idiots in this country swearing it can't be done here, thus making voter ID laws "racist."

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
According to leftists (racists), blacks are less capable than whites and so will be disadvantaged by ANY and ALL laws and regulations

According to ALL right wingers, blacks are EXACTLY EQUAL to whites and are equally capable to all other races in their ability to follow laws and regulations, including obtaining an ID to vote

Voter ID does NOT disenfranchised anyone at all and at point in the voting process. That’s a fact.

edit on 11 5 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The idea that requiring an ID prevents people from voting is disingenuous. If an ID was required in the US to receive food stamps or any other form of aid you can bet people would have one. There is no way in hell they would give up the free ride for lack of an ID.

Election integrity is paramount, or at least it should be. I understand why some might think it is a slippery slope situation. The problem with that argument is that it assumes the exponential progression is inevitable. It isn't. It is just one possible outcome.

The Brits are on point with this and the US should do the same as soon as possible.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I disagree, the poor in the UK these days often are becoming homeless, were are they going to find the spare money to get a photo ID, where are they going to get it delivered.

To be frank that argument simply wrong (To be frank utterly bollox).

I suppose it all depends on your view of the poor in society, if you hate them you will stand against them and forget that your own ancestors were probably poor with nothing, in the case of US I never get it why people whom FLED from poverty, whose ancestors were the poorest, most downtrodden of society in Europe now attack the poor, perhaps they don't like looking into the mirror of what could have been them if things had gone differently BUT if you recognize them as people you may then instead moderate your opinion with some good old fashioned humanity.

It's like those times you see a homeless person on the street, some will help (if they believe it is genuine but in the UK are are now organized Romanian gang's that wait outside supermarkets begging and claiming to be homeless so?) but others will just walk by not giving a damn, some will even beat up and piss on the homeless, others will walk on the other side of the street for many reasons, some because they are poor themselves and fear the sight of the one wage packet away place they may find themselves if things go bad while others because they are lunatics that just hate the poor and had no empathy to begin with.

No western society in the 21st century should have ANY poor, ANY homeless but it is the bank's that get bailout's and the poor that get the cold shoulder.

edit on 12-5-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

We are brow beaten with the mantra; There is always someone worse off than you.
But to borrow a phrase; that's looking at it upside down...'There's always someone better off than you'.

Simply put; there is enough money and resource in this world to go around.

You are right; it is criminal and immoral that we have homeless people in this country - or any other 'western' country - when we have perfectly fine buildings standing empty.
We have Service men and women discarded by governments that have no regard for the service they have given.
We have whole families and communities set adrift and cast aside due to failed government policies and the greed, avarice and at times incompetence of elitist bankers and industrialists whose sole goals and objectives are the accumulation of even greater wealth to be sat on and stockpiled for their own vanity.
We have a society that has been force fed the 'me, me, me,' message to such an extent that any display of compassion and communal spirit is ridiculed and actively discouraged.

This country both could and should do far more for the disadvantaged in our society, it's shocking the WE allow these people to maintain the status quo.
I still have the passion I had in my youth to know that we should be doing more to change things for the better....unfortunately that is tempered by the cynicism of 55 years of watching this country slowly de-evolve into something akin to a Victorian society along with all the social injustices and inequalities that went with it.
edit on 12/5/21 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
The next step is by law you must always carry your identity card. ".

This is already the case since about 2 decades in europe.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
This is already the case since about 2 decades in europe.

ID cards in the UK have always been resisted and there is no political will to force the point.

Photo ID is available for most people, usually a drivers licence or a passport.

Down the line is digital ID with verified identity credentials which people can add to apps. These will serve as an ID checker e.g. for students getting into pubs, jobs et al. In time "cards" will be obsolete and smartphone apps which people choose to use will take their place.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join