It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like a gold afternoon fix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I love this whole album
The Church played at the Red Hill Auditorium ( Perth ) on 4 Dec 2011
The view of Perth was magnificent
the weather warm - we rolled up around 5pm and tripped out `to their music as the sun was setting

The Church - Pharoah

Hi to all the people that are selling me
Here's one straight from the factory
They've sewn my eyes up in their sockets
I dip my hand into their pockets

Is there anybody there
I could swear I'm not alone
Show your faces if you dare
Slaving platinum to bone

One big man with a good connection
Takes the whole damn ship in the wrong direction
I don't mind him misinterpreting me
I hate it when he gets us lost out to sea

Late at night when I'm lying in bed
I've got to say a prayer for my daily bread
And early in the morning when I'm still asleep
You sit upon your throne making grown men weep
With boredom

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

This came on straight after in youtube - I'm blown away

"Its a struggle
and lifes a struggle - working in a job you may despise"

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I liked early The Church. Blurred Crusade is always on my best album list. Seance and Heyday were good too. Nearly saw them back in the 80's somewhere in London, but things got in the way and my brother went instead. I was well jealous.

PS - there are some cracking Aussie bands and artists - past and present. At the time of The Church I was also listening to Midnight Oil. Very underrated music scene. Currently, off the top of my head... Emily Barker, Angus and Julia Stone, the Waifs, Angie McMahon, Julia Jacklin - all good stuff.

edit on 10/5/2021 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The more I go back and go through their discography the more I enjoy the Church. I just remembered I actually saw the Church twice, the 1st time with my younger sister who put me onto them - there was this big old warehouse that was converted into a concert/night club in a rundown part of town, it was like stepping into the Tardus. Heaps of concrete, dark colours, smoke machines and a great atmosphere. Frequented by cool punk dressed rockers with the Cure hairstyles.
The venue was called the Red Parrot. Apparently New Order played there in 87, But I dint go. I saw them elsewhere in Perth later

Blurred Crusade is always on my best album list.

same here - priest = aura is another ripper album

Midnight Oil. Very underrated music scene. Currently, off the top of my head... Emily Barker, Angus and Julia Stone, the Waifs, Angie McMahon, Julia Jacklin - all good stuff.

Most of my friends were into Oil..I couldn't get into them but I appreciated their activism through lyrics. I thought the waifs were pretty good
edit on 10-5-2021 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Oh I forgot to thank you for the reply - its nice when someone acknowledges the effort gone into making threads.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

there are some cracking Aussie bands and artists

Did you know that Tame Impala were from Fremantle - they've had huge success internationally

Some call their music psychedelic rock which is true
wiki Genre Psychedelic pop[1]psychedelic rock[2]discosynth-pop[3]neo-psychedelia

I get some Beatles feels out of Impala
cosmicmagazine.com.au...

The music of Tame Impala is often compared to the Beatles.

While it’s a connection Tame’s mastermind Kevin Parker isn’t eager to overplay, he has admitted that the group’s 11th record Abbey Road is his Beatles record of choice.

“‘Abbey Road’ by the Beatles was another one of my favourites,” Parker recalled when Vouge asked him which classic albums had influenced him in a 2012 interview.

top topics

join