It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Monkey sightings in the US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Got any good Monkey recipes? Asking for myself...

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: BrokenCircles

No, but if I see one I'll make sure to ask him if he's been vaccinated.
I wonder if I should give him a mask...

You are already assuming it's gender. Very distasteful. And I'm sure it might even identify as a dog or something.

It probably won't upset him too much. I'm sure he's got more important things to worry about.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Could they be sea monkeys? A guy in the US made millions selling them. So with that many about there was bound to be a few escapees.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

I imagine you could get a group that may migrate up into the Southeastern states for half of the year. I know in areas of GA and SC that would be perfect habitat for them actually.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Well known that there are monkeys in Florida, and have been for a while. I suppose it would be possible they are elsewhere.

nypost.com...

The STD-addled rhesus macaques had previously been confined to Silver Springs State Park near Ocala, Florida, but are now being spotted miles away in Jacksonville, St. Johns, St. Augustine, Palatka, Welaka and Elkton, Florida, according to a local ABC affiliate, First Coast News.

Even more worrying: Over a quarter of the 300 feral macaques — an invasive species native to South and Southeast Asia — carry herpes B, according to a 2018 survey, National Geographic reported.

The monkeys were introduced to the area in the 1930s by a local cruise operator, Colonel Tooey’s Jungle Cruise, which released 12 monkeys over a series of years onto a man-made island inside Silver Springs State Park. The monkeys swam to freedom and reproduced at alarming rates and are now wandering around residential areas.

“The potential ramifications are really dire,” University of Florida primate scientist Dr. Steve Johnson told First Coast News. “A big male … that’s an extremely strong, potentially dangerous animal

Time to build another wall before they become a crisis.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I was thinking of regular ordinary small monkeys. The kind that you'd get in an exotic pet store.

I realize that amigo I just have a very closed mind.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Reminds me of that old Richard Pryor bit,about his pet monkey...😂

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I interacted with monkeys in S Africa on safari. Not pleasant animals at all. You had to button up everything or the little kleptos would ransack your items. If you dare confront the thieves, they rush you with teeth bared. Got a pretty good blow with my foot on a slow one.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

You go by the language. If it's just a series of inarticulate grunts and meaningless gibbering.....It's probably a local.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

But, unless they master fire and clothing the first deep freeze will probably get them. Or maybe find a hot spring or something like that. Otherwise I would say mid to north Florida at the most.

Think last winter with the cold snap that went all the way to South Texas. Or the years they lose the oranges in Fl. because it freezes as far south as Orlando.

Winter kills. Monkeys are limited to tropical zones unless they have a strategy to beat winter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join