It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Monkey sightings in the US?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is going to sound weird, but has anybody seen any recent reports (during20202021) on social media or in their local press (EG, not the MSM) about people seeing monkeys in their neighborhoods or around the US in places that never used to have sightings?

I don't mean bigfoot or skunk ape sightings, or anything paranormalsupernatural. Just regular ordinary monkeys. the kind that might escape form a zoo or an exotic pet store.

Has anybody seen anything or read anything?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

It's a man in a suit playing a hoax!

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Has anybody seen anything or read anything?

No, but if I see one I'll make sure to ask him if he's been vaccinated.
I wonder if I should give him a mask...

It wouldn't necessarily have to be from a zoo or exotic pet store though. You reminded me of when I was a kid, in small town Indiana, some woman had a huge cage in her back yard with about 4 or 5 monkeys in it. I have no idea why, but she had them. I kinda hoped they would escape, but I never actually considered helping them do so. I don't know though, maybe I should have.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine

It's a man in a suit playing a hoax!

I was thinking of regular ordinary small monkeys. The kind that you'd get in an exotic pet store.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Other than bigfoot type sightings you also have the following as genuine potential sources for sightings of unknown cryptids that appear to be ape like.

Misidentification of other species that are native to the US.

Undocumented real primate species that may be very rare but could still exist in some areas since there are several native to south America and likely have been in the past also in north America.

Escaped or released exotic pet's?.

Guy's in suit's or even hunters in gillies being mistaken for something they are not.

Serial killers in gillies in national park's is also a possibility for all those disappearances as well as illegal drug's farms hidden out there and the criminals not wanting anyone to report what they stumbled into.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Other than bigfoot type sightings you also have the following as genuine potential sources for sightings of unknown cryptids that appear to be ape like.

Misidentification of other species that are native to the US.

Undocumented real primate species that may be very rare but could still exist in some areas since there are several native to south America and likely have been in the past also in north America.

Escaped or released exotic pet's?.

Guy's in suit's or even hunters in gillies being mistaken for something they are not.

Serial killers in gillies in national park's is also a possibility for all those disappearances as well as illegal drug's farms hidden out there and the criminals not wanting anyone to report what they stumbled into.

So, have you seen any reports?

Somebody taking a video of a macaque eating food form their dog bowl, that kind of thing?

Just regular ordinary monkeys doing regular ordinary monkey things in suburban America?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
This is going to sound weird, but has anybody seen any recent reports (during20202021) on social media or in their local press (EG, not the MSM) about people seeing monkeys in their neighborhoods or around the US in places that never used to have sightings?

I wish.

I'd capture that thing, name him Caesar, teach it to make martinis and use my guns and then wait for the inevitable takeover.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I am not in the US but despite our relatively smaller size we have plenty of Big Cat sightings and going back even a few ape man type sightings over here in the UK such as the famous woodwose.
www.paranormal-encyclopedia.com...

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I am not in the US but despite our relatively smaller size we have plenty of Big Cat sightings and going back even a few ape man type sightings over here in the UK such as the famous woodwose.
www.paranormal-encyclopedia.com...

I was under the impression that the big cat sightings were just exotic pets that had either escaped or which people had released into the wild to avoid prosecution.

I've been to North England a couple of times, I'm not sure how you would tell which ones are the ape men and which are just the locals?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This April 9, 2021 article contains a video allegedly showing about 5 monkeys in a tree in a Cincinnati cemetery.

www.cleveland.com...

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Most probably are but there is also the possibility of misidentification of large stray dogs in some instances and we have legends of large four legged animals that COULD be referring to large cats such as the black dog sightings that go back hundreds of years at least.
en.wikipedia.org...

I have no doubt personally that many of the big cat sightings in the UK are one hundred percent genuine sightings of real big cats.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well known that there are monkeys in Florida, and have been for a while. I suppose it would be possible they are elsewhere.

nypost.com...

The STD-addled rhesus macaques had previously been confined to Silver Springs State Park near Ocala, Florida, but are now being spotted miles away in Jacksonville, St. Johns, St. Augustine, Palatka, Welaka and Elkton, Florida, according to a local ABC affiliate, First Coast News.

Even more worrying: Over a quarter of the 300 feral macaques — an invasive species native to South and Southeast Asia — carry herpes B, according to a 2018 survey, National Geographic reported.

The monkeys were introduced to the area in the 1930s by a local cruise operator, Colonel Tooey’s Jungle Cruise, which released 12 monkeys over a series of years onto a man-made island inside Silver Springs State Park. The monkeys swam to freedom and reproduced at alarming rates and are now wandering around residential areas.

“The potential ramifications are really dire,” University of Florida primate scientist Dr. Steve Johnson told First Coast News. “A big male … that’s an extremely strong, potentially dangerous animal

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Monkeys 🐒 are horny little creatures.

Set a cage with 2 or 3 females and wait.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
carry herpes B, according to a 2018 survey,

Herpes Monkeys?

What, exactly, are people doing with these monkeys in order to find that out?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Yes, May 2020 Tewksbury MA

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The continental US is too cold for monkeys with the exception of S. California, S. Texas and Florida. Anyplace else they would freeze. But then again a escapee from a zoo or a pet situation could always happen and thrive in the wild until the first prolonged freeze.

But in other news a tiger got loose in Houston.

edit on 10-5-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I remember reading about monkeys in Florida.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I like how they stress how bad it is that the 30 % of the FL monkeys have genital herpes when it's 25% in humans in the US.

www.health.harvard.edu...

Filthy animals

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I live in Florida, in the woods, a good fifteen to twenty minute drive down dirt roads before reaching any major road to the city. I have seen wild monkeys on occasion, and almost everyone that lives out here has seen them also.

It is believed they originated from the group that escaped the zoo during a past hurricane, or from Silver Springs, Fl, which is about 250 miles from us. Problem is that Sliver Springs is overrun by them, and they can swim, so for them to show up in other areas is not impossible, and very likely.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

No, but if I see one I'll make sure to ask him if he's been vaccinated.
I wonder if I should give him a mask...

You are already assuming it's gender. Very distasteful. And I'm sure it might even identify as a dog or something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join