It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fishin stories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Check out Dan Gapin. "The River Rat".

Some great tips from him. Action packed videos.

On mobile. Can't link. Sorry

Doesnt come up in any google search for me

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My biggest, craziest, fish story was one time the wife and I went out fishing on Lake St. Claire in MI. We were fishing for perch on ultra-light tackle. We caught a few. We were drift fishing on our boat and the wind drifted us up over a grass flat we couldn't lower the motor down to get off of. We were still getting a few small perch, but all of a sudden they stopped biting. My wife's rod suddenly bent over to about the side of the boat. I thought it was a snag. then the fish jumped, and it was about a 45" Muskie. He must have been cruising the the shallows for perch.

I never thought we would boat that fish, not in a million years! I backed off the drag and fought that fish for about 45 minutes (I think it was around 5 lb test or so). He jumped clean out of the water about 4 times before we got him up to the boat. Finally netted him and pulled him into the boat. I'm guessing he was 20 lbs or so. We measured him and he was 45"...3" short of a legal take (48" was the minimum) so we had to put him back, but man...that was one heck of a catch...especially on such light tackle!

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I will post a link tomorrow. I'm stuck with phone right now. Dan Gapen was out of Minnesota. Inducted into to the fisherman's Hall of Fame. I used to watch his videos a lot.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

I've heard exactly the same thing about Hoover Dam. I have no idea if it's true but why not?

ETA: Seems many others have that kinda story. Hmmm.
edit on 5/11/2021 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Heres one of the links I found on YouTube.

www.youtube.com...

I haven't found any of the video's on YouTube that I have here at my home.

Too bad. There great 1hr long segments.

I guess you have to go looking for old VHS video's on some site.

Sorry, I can't help you. I am really surprised someone hasn't up loaded these.

I'm gonna keep looking around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join