It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad gas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Once again here in the draconian state of Victoria Australia we are facing another additional expense we do not need.

Our great leader the great dan and his party have indicated that gas appliances will be banned in new hose builds. Electric hot water and heating and cooking will be the only options.

Recently he had to pass legislation to extend his emergency laws due to covid, though the only way these laws could be passed is with support from the greens.

This new policy appears to have been a sweeter to the greens to agree and extend the draconian emergency laws as they had the power in the legislature to enable the law to be extended.

Dan offered the greens this deal to have his legislation passed.

In my opinion where does this end, if I have to replace my hydronic heating boiler will electric be the only choice such as the u.kgovernment have legislated. And hence I am then going to have to pay ludicrous prices for electric power, such as what happened in Texas, when there is a shortage of supply.

Where the hell is government by the people for the people. No the gubmemt pander to electricity canals, in order to create a monopoly and restrict the option for gas do you have no choice thus removing your right to a competitive e market supply.

Amso has anyone seen the great comedy show on abc tv titled: Greta thumberg a year to change the world?

When a 15 year old has a real job . And paid bills, and realised how much it costs to live support a family and survive paying 50 percent more for utility bills with ridiculous environmental green taxes, and stupid initiatives. Then maybe get on your soapbox and talk to me. When you have no life experience gtf out of here.

I agree there needs to be considerations for the environment though I respect it coming from experience.

I have done my bit I sold my car and cycle everywhere now, don’t take my gas heating.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
And hence I am then going to have to pay ludicrous prices for electric power, such as what happened in Texas, when there is a shortage of supply.

The only reason that happened is because people used a third party company that hedges energy costs, if they'd have stayed with the primary supplier they wouldn't have seen a spike.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
There has been recent suggestion by the electricity cabals to charge people with solar power panels to upload their power as there is too much supply which exceeds demand, and the cabals can’t sell the generated power.

So I suspect this is a way for dan to appease the populace and introduce a policy to enable the excess electricity generated be consumed, can you imagine a person who has invested 10 thousand ins solar panel system then be told they will e charged to upload power.

How pissed off will you be for a negative investment

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Anyone buying solar panels for their home got duped to begin with, the recoup costs are still way too high.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Agreed a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Agreed, people got duped! The feed in tariffs are crap, at 12 cents a kilowatt hour the re sell rates by the cabals are 25 cent an hour.

Nuclear is the only option if people want cheaper electricity. Screw solar, screw Tesla 12 thousand dollar batteries.

Bring on nuclear!

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I'm waiting for Lockheed to perfect fusion so I can buy a Mr. Fusion for my DeLorean.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Lol that would be so cool. Whatever happened to the great Andrea Rossi?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
Whatever happened to the great Andrea Rossi?

Pretty sure he was a hoaxer. My money, literally, is on Lockheed.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Who is Dan?

I came in because I thought this was about flatulence.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Anyone buying solar panels for their home got duped to begin with, the recoup costs are still way too high.

If being duped is saving a couple grand a year...I'll look for the next person to "dupe" Me.

I pay a lot less because of My solar than without it. It will pay itself off after 15 years and it will still be guaranteed for 10 more (especially if rates keep rising) and it adds value to My home.

I don't think that word means what You think it means.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I came in because I thought this was about flatulence.

yea, i thought it was gonna be about eating ice cream, milk, eggs, brussel sprouts, beans, all the stuff that makes one break like the wind.

i was also hoping that somebody would tell us how to cook the poot out of them

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
If being duped is saving a couple grand a year...I'll look for the next person to "dupe" Me.

My house is 4,600sqft and I've never paid more than $200 in electric costs in a month, not sure what you're doing where you have an electric bill in the thousands of dollars a year where installing solar panels will save you a couple grand off of that.

It will pay itself off after 15 years...

The average person doesn't own their home long enough to recoup the costs, it's around eight years, this is factual data.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Not much space to move in they new "hose", almost certainly better with a house.

Jokes aside, canny take our gas, electric cookers are piss poor appliances, for there purpose anyroad.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The average person doesn't own their home long enough to recoup the costs, it's around eight years, this is factual data.

In the USA maybe, not over the world. Here around its more like 15 years to pay off the mortgage alone, and only some people want to trade their home away right after that. I know enough people wo built their home, raised their kids there and will still keep it, usually until they die or unforeseen problems occur.

Houses here are usually built to last for 80 years ++.

Photovoltaik is a nice thing to have. A pity my house does not have the right angle and some higher neighbors in our city.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

My house is 4,600sqft and I've never paid more than $200 in electric costs in a month, not sure what you're doing where you have an electric bill in the thousands of dollars a year where installing solar panels will save you a couple grand off of that.

I live in Norther Ca. where rates are going up, got the system installed from a co-workers brother who was starting a business so gave Me a smoking deal, when I got it installed there were 5 adults in the house. Rolled the cost into a refi and am easily saving money. Going on the 8th year owning this house even if I sell I recoup My cost as it added value to My home.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

You're an exception then. As I said, the average person will not see a savings, it's a waste for most people to purchase solar.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Houses here are usually built to last for 80 years ++.

Mine is 150 years old but I am an anomaly as I am also well past the eight year ownership period, the average person in the United States owns their home for eight years and moves elsewhere.

edit on 10-5-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   

They are doing the same thing in California. Idiots.

California already has brownouts every summer due to demand on the electrical grib from AC, so what do they do? They increase the mandates for electric cars and electric appliances which will drastically increase demand on the already overwhelmed grid, recipe for disaster. This is what you get when you live in clown world.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Things change all the same panoz77 even the way we choose to produce energy.

They brownouts must be a pain in the arse all the same.

Not really had power cuts over here since the 80s much.

So lucky in that respect i suppose.

Don't ken whats in the post all the same, then again we never do.
edit on 10-5-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Just bought a gas top convection oven. They're going to pry it out of my cold, dead hands. It's much better than electric. My folks have one of those cause mom's afraid of gas, so I know how annoying it is to cook on electric.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join