It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tourist stranded on glass bridge triggers safety concerns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: starviego
It's a new technology and they will learn from their mistakes.

At least China is spending on investing in their own country to build the economy and provide a better future for their people. What are we investing in? Prisons, bombs, woke education, welfare forevermore, etc....

Their star is rising. Ours is falling.

Don't worry, china joe biden has a 6 Trillion dollar infrastructure plan to fix it.

Which may also turn out to have a glass bottom!

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I suspect the lateral and vertical movement of the bridge from the wind had a lot to do with the panels coming loose. I doubt any of those panels "blew" anywhere; they more than likely just fell out from the framing racking around in the wind.

Maybe, but there's at least a couple of panels standing straight up, leaning against the handrail on the right side. (including the section where that guy is at)

A better guess might be a combination of the two. The swaying would make it easier for the wind to lift the panels.

ETA: I wonder if they will release video of this occurrence. I'd expect any place like this to have continuous 24/7 surveillance cameras watching the bridge from all angles.
edit on 5/9/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0
Or, bash to fit, paint to match!

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
First...

It is made in China, so no surprise the engineering is crap.

Second

Did anyone notice that bridge was damaged in 150kph wind? WTF is that guy doing on a bridge like that with hurricane force winds? That is 93mph?! I wouldn't go outside the house in 93mph winds, much less walk across a freaking bridge 300 feet above the ground!

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
It's a new technology and they will learn from their mistakes.

At least China is spending on investing in their own country to build the economy and provide a better future for their people. What are we investing in? Prisons, bombs, woke education, welfare forevermore, etc....

Their star is rising. Ours is falling.
....a star rising as a result of subversion and industrial/Cyber espionage.

The irony in your post is that China too is investing in Prisons, to imprison, subjecate and indoctrinate uighurs...

Investing in bombs, a Military exapnsion at a rate that would see them a Sea Faring power within the decade, all to expand on their claims in contested territory, oh lest not we forget their plans for Taiwan.

...gosh you aren't this gullible, are you?

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Possibly. I wonder if they're even glass at all. They may be plastic (like some kind of lexan). That would probably be a little easier to believe. Glass panels that large would weigh several hundred pounds each, and they wouldn't be blowing anywhere. Also, this is a suspension bridge so in addition to vertical and lateral oscillations, the bridge itself was probably swinging pretty wildly side to side with a major crosswind component. This would tip the bridge up sideways allowing panels to be flipped upwards against the railing on an upswing.

Suspension bridges do some pretty interesting stuff in major wind storms. It's actually a very interesting area of study. The mechanics of suspension bridges in general is pretty interesting. It's fascinating to watch one be built, especially some of the ones which span huge gorges or bodies of water where no cranes from below can be used.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
glass bridges go in my 'nope' file.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I spent 30 days in China in 2014. My Lord, that place is held together with shoestring and chewing gum.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

we have plenty of construction projects ongoing all the time in the US, just mostly not as grand since our nation is already mostly built up to fit our population, while china has mostly been building for quick economic growth and relocating most of their rural population into new cities, almost all construction has focused on the cites only.

china is still catching up to us, despite their economy rivaling ours many forget the population difference and dont understand that china will only be our true equal when their economy reaches 400% the current size it is. their people get paid far less on average than any westerner and live barely past the poverty line still and barely own anything, maybe we still have poverty but a much higher percent of our population has a high living standard and extra wealth to spend with lower taxes, i mean 43% of Americans dont even pay income tax.

this bridge is just a symptom of excessive building and waste, Chinese regulators allow too much and care more about money and obeying the party and their grand ambitions that are more about showing off and proving themselves better than everyone else than helping their people.

big and shiny facades prove nothing but excess and waste.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The picture in the OP is exactly what happened to Democrats and Biden
edit on 9-5-2021 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join