It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BushCo. to World: F U!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Paul Wolfowitz, architect of the Iraqi occupation disaster, has been chosen to lead the World Bank. This has caused much howling in many quarters. Wolfowitz has about as much background/experience in economics as he had with the military and fighting wars. Any sober-minded, honest person can take a look at the chaos in Mesopotamia and ascertain Wolfowitz had absolutely no business anywhere near the Pentagon, let alone leading it.
This is the guy who claimed to congress that we could easily invade and occupy that country with a mere 48,000 troops!
That had to be the most ignorant assessment I had ever heard.

Wolfowitz is an ideologue of the worst kind, utterly incapable of seeing ideas not of his own Trotskyite making. He and his fellow NeoCon ideologues have an agenda, one that is in complete contravention of what is good for the United States and far worse for the world at large - especially countries that happen to have vital natural resources lying within. He, like his counterpart in hate, John Bolton, is an enemy of peace. He is a whore for the military/industrial/complex and Israel's insane Likudnik agenda.

He is the last person on earth who should be assigned to lead the World Bank. It is there - supposedly - to help third world countries develop their economies and fund desperately needed health programs. Forget about the fact that he has ZERO experience in this arena, this promoter of hatred and war is supposed to effectively lead this body whose sole purpose is to help weak and struggling nations? How is that gonna happen? He has nothing but contempt for Old Europe, let alone the weakest nations on earth.

Once again, this is BushCo. bizarro universe run amok. What is the real aim here? No one can argue this man has any reason or right to be appointed to this post. Along with co-hater Bolton being appointed to the UN, it's as if the Bush administration is saying to the world in a loud and thunderous voice, F**K YOU! We own you and there's not a thing you can do about it! Your A double S belongs to Uncle Sam now! (As they scoff... "it already did, we just dint say it out loud..")

The Bush administration's actions are almost as mystifying as God's mysterious ways. None of their decision-making has made any sense, on any level. At least, not since they named Colin Powell Secretary of State. It's almost as if they want to bankrupt America; and send ALL of our uniformed men and women overseas - away from us; and to provoke some kind of world war. It's pure madness. If I've never seen insanity in action before, with my own eyes, I have now.

Stiglitz warns of violence if Wolfowitz goes to World Bank
By Robert Peston (Filed: 20/03/2005)

Joseph Stiglitz, the former chief economist of the World Bank and one of the world's most influential economic thinkers, has launched a savage attack on US plans to appoint Paul Wolfowitz as the World Bank's new president.

In an exclusive interview, the American Nobel laureate said: "The World Bank will once again become a hate figure. This could bring street protests and violence across the developing world." He described President Bush's determination to appoint his deputy defence secretary to the important post as "either an act of provocation or an act so insensitive as to look like provocation". Wolfowitz is widely regarded as the creator of the policy that led to the US war in Iraq.
www.telegraph.co.uk...;sessionid=TJC05Y3WIGGVPQFIQMFCM5OAVCBQYJVC?xml=/money/2005/03/20/cnwbank20.xml&menuId=242&sSheet=/portal/2 005/03/20/ixportal.html&secureRefresh=true&_requestid=9721

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Here's another article on this nomination. It talks a little about why Israel is happy about the Wolf taking over the henhouse, I mean, the World Bank.

Choosing Wolfowitz definitely benefits Israel
3/17/2005 10:06:00 AM GMT

Wolfowitz, a leading neo-conservative, is widely viewed as a close friend to Israel

Senior Israeli officials expressed high satisfaction after hearing news of choosing Deputy Defence Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, one of Bush's administration's hawks, to take over as head of the World Bank.

Wolfowitz, currently Deputy Defence Secretary to Donald Rumsfeld, was "a compassionate, decent man who will do a fine job at the World Bank. That's why I put him up," U.S. President George W. Bush told a news conference on Wednesday.

Wolfowitz is slated to replace James Wolfensohn, who will end 10 years as World Bank President on June 1.

According to analysts, choosing Wolfowitz to head the World Bank will have significance for Israel, as the World Bank is expected to play a key economic role in Gaza after the implementation of Ariel Sharon’s withdrawal plan.
www.aljazeera.com...

According to Bush, Wolfowitz is a "..decent and compassionate man." Yeah, so were Joseph Geobbels and Herman Goering.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ah...the Neocons.

Here in Ontario, we have had an elongated fling with them under the benevolent auspices of the 'Common Sense Revolution', codenamed 'Harass and Conquer'.

Thanks to this I will have to seriously look at Wolfowitz, EastCoastKid. Wasn't Maurice Strong once involved with the World Bank (or IMF) as well? If he was, I remember reading a quote from him in a Macleans Magazine article in the 80's that went something along this line...

To fix the problems of the worldwide monetary systems, we have to destroy it to properly fix it.

That is not verbatim, but you get the gist.

Strong was a Neocon in the guise of the Left, piggybacking onto the political scene with the Bob Rae New Democratic Party here in Ontario. Their shenanegins while in office set the stage for Mike Harris and the 'shrug' defence.

I am also reminded of the notion of the 'Trickle Down Economy' thinking that never did pan out to the common good, but only spurred greater profit taking.

From Reagan through to the Canadian political system and back to America with the Bush directives; I know this is the wrong way now. The excellent position enjoyed by the 'Middle Classes' is under attack...we are bound to return to a pre-WWII status. There will be a new Gentry...the rest will be carrying the pissbucket and arranging the tables.

Mike Harris and Ipperwash, Chretien and the Sponsorship Scandal...we are living the nightmare writ small compared to the Bush agenda.

Canada Steamship Lines and the miserly Paul Martin...the parade just keeps going by.

Machiavelli would be proud of their accomplishments

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Masqua, Thanks for your very enlightening comments. I am unfamiliar with the Strong case. From what you've said, though; it sounds dead on this money. I am truly starting to believe BushCo. is out to destroy our economy. How could it not be?

Welcome back to Guilded Age, my friends. Welcome to the MACHINE.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Once again, this is BushCo. bizarro universe run amok. What is the real aim here? No one can argue this man has any reason or right to be appointed to this post. Along with co-hater Bolton being appointed to the UN, it's as if the Bush administration is saying to the world in a loud and thunderous voice, F**K YOU! We own you and there's not a thing you can do about it! Your A double S belongs to Uncle Sam now! (As they scoff... "it already did, we just dint say it out loud..")

With both the world bank and the UN being so screwed up perhaps it is time to remove the ineptness of the last 40-50 years of insanity.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Here's another article describing our nation's precarious economic position. Although you won't hear about it in the mainstream media, I believe that a consortium of nations/organizations from Asia to OPEC are probably readying themselves to make economic war on the USA. If they had the quiet backing of Russia and Western Europe and dumped their dollars for Euros, our economy would crash so hard it would make the great depression look like a long holiday.

Mar 18, 2005
Global: America Smells the Coffee

Stephen Roach (from Beijing)

In the end, of course, there’s far more to this story than economics. As I noted recently, history is replete with examples of leadership tests that pit a nation’s military prowess against its economic base (see my 28 February dispatch, “The Pendulum of Global Leadership”). Yale historian Paul Kennedy has long argued that great powers typically fail when military reach outstrips a nation’s economic strength. In that vein, there’s little doubt that America is extending its reach in this post-9/11 world. Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were the opening salvos. The Bush Administration’s recent nomination of two leading neocons to key global positions -- John Bolton as America’s ambassador to the UN and Paul Wolfowitz to head the World Bank (also announced on March 16) -- are more recent examples of a White House that is upping the ante on its “transformational” projection of global power. In Paul Kennedy’s historical framework, America is extending its reach at precisely the moment when its economic power base is weakening -- a classic warning sign of the fall of a Great Power.
www.morganstanley.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Funny just like Greenspan announced a month ago, that if the US didn't do anything about the deficit and the value of the dollar, the interest rates will start going up.

That is exactly was is happening, now I believe that we are in a precarious economy shift, and things are not looking good.

Economist are saying that the new terror attacking our nation is the deficit, not only our natinal debt but also our trading deficit.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Economist are saying that the new terror attacking our nation is the deficit, not only our natinal debt but also our trading deficit.

OLA Marge!

And the fact that we no longer have a savings base and we are so in debt. This is the first time since the '30's that we have had a net job loss. Those good jobs aren't coming back, either. Ever. Imagine if all your creditors called in ALL your loans/debts tomorrow. Can you imagine? The average American would be out on the street in the blink of an eye with no recourse. Most Americans would, maxed out on credit and with no savings. Life seems to be bubbling away as normal, but right under the surface, the makings of an economic armageddon are furiously brewing.

With BUshCo's madness and the private prison industry doing gangbusters, I can see debtors prison coming back into the equation in the not-so-distant future. Why not? Slave labor's great for the bottom line.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well it seems that “Wolfwitz Doctrine” is what is needed by Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld. He believe that the politics and military power in the US should have not rival, and that “benevolent domination by one power”

I would not be surprised if he is also one of the “Carlyle’s man”

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
He (WOLFOWITZ) believe that the politics and military power in the US should have not rival, and that “benevolent domination by one power”

Benevolent.. I wonder if the multitude of innocent Iraqis wrongfully imprisoned and tortured find our leadership to be benevolent..

I would not be surprised if he is also one of the “Carlyle’s man”

Sshhh... Marg! They're right down the street from me!

top topics

join