It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chinese Rocket Is Wildly Careening Toward Earth This Weekend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Its going to hit.....something

Correct, but the article says could hit NYC or LA. So I think it's clear they're not sure where it's going to go. Interesting how the article used language to sell clicks though, "could".

The rocket "could" hit my house. I "could" win the lottery by getting a ticket gifted to me on Christmas. But when we look closer at probability, I have to ask myself if it should occupy some or any of my concern.

I hope no one gets hurt... And luckily, densily populated areas make up a very small portion of the earth's surface. Fingers crossed for ocean.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Anywhere under the yellow lines...

Wear your hardhats

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think most are ignoring the 500lbs Gorilla in the corner finger painting, but uh what are the full legal ramifications should this Chinese debris hit the US mainland that actually results in historic damage and loss of life?

There has to be a response, not saying War, but the Chinese should have known better if they are to engage Space Operations and those Countries and Nations that might be affected by contaminated debris.

Reparations?

I get it though, nothing has happened yet, however that doesn’t mean we should at the very least entertain the idea...

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Are there peices of this currently burning up in the atmosphere or a meteor shower going on?

Last night at around 23:20 GMT, UK I saw a brilliant white/lightning blue-hue light shoot across the sky burning up quickly (0 -1 secs) heaading roughly NNE following perfect line with the ploughs 'handle'. There was no tail I could see and waited around a few minutes to see if there would be another but didn't notice anything.

Not sure but aren't the Aquarids round about this time of year?

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

If my memory works....
Every day more than a ton of space debris falls to earth and much of it doesn't burn up.

www.economist.com...

aerospace.org...

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It could hit Beijing.

Wouldn't that be ironic.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

On the bright side, a good chunk of China, including Wuhan, is under those yellow lines

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The amount is likely to increase as low earth orbit constellations go up now that launch costs are feasible.

Starlink, and a few companies aiming at 4g/5g global coverage are going to increase the volume of sats and possibility for collision/fallout.

It will come with benefits and risks.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind having that booster wind up in my back yard. I could make a green house out of it.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
what are the full legal ramifications should this Chinese debris hit the US mainland that actually results in historic damage and loss of life?

Wonder how much damage and loss of life Chinese products cause on a daily basis. Just haul the debris to a landfill, along with rest of the junk China sends our way.

Seriously, though, if it hits in the middle of a major population center, with a "too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence" impact location and loss of life, this could be a WW3 kind of bad.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It'll hit the ballot storage facility in Maricopa Co., Arizona.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

We can only hope it breaks into two pieces, one hitting the east coast and the other hitting the west coast.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
NYC and LA ... Couldn't happen to two more deserving cities. Except for maybe SF, Portland or Atlanta.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It'll hit the ballot storage facility in Maricopa Co., Arizona.

That that'd be quite the conspira... Oops, I almost misspelled coincidence.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Would it surprise anyone if this debris crash was a cover to use the rods of gods or DEWS for a false flag or possible white hat OP to kick something off? Been thinking this could be another way to “blame” China as well. I think there is more to this than meets the eye

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Gotta love that headline.

Wildly careening. Like its a drunk driver that is going to kill all the kids.

Media and their fear tactics.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If you grab 2 pieces, I will pay for one.....

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Everytime there's a meteor flying a few times the distance of the moon away... .

"Scientists come up with a big enough number to calculate the probability of meteor hitting earth. If it hits, it would be a complete wipeout."

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was lucky enough to see a Russian SL3 booster burn up on re-entry on 9-6-2001.
I got up for work early and was walking to my truck, happened to look up and watched it happen before my eyes. It was impressive.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Gotta love that headline.

Wildly careening. Like its a drunk driver that is going to kill all the kids.

Media and their fear tactics.

"Maskless, unvaxxed Chinese space junk is comin' right for us!!!"*

*all our products are manufactured in a facility which also processes nuts. Consult a medical practitioner for allergy advice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join