It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Brawl at an American Airport

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Clubs for US based airlines completely SUCK in comparison to some of the International carriers. I was a platinum member on Singapore Airlines for many years, and if you want to experience the cat's meow for airline clubs, try Singapore's. That's just a total "WOW!" experience, but so is flying on Singapore Airlines in general. I was a 1k on UA for a while too, and their clubs were nice, but nothing in comparison to Singapore. (just that Singapore doesn't have clubs in places they don't hub). I was Golden Kris on Malaysia too, but they weren't nearly as good as Singapore, probably on par with UA. Back then it didn't take as many miles to get a pretty good status, unlike today. AmEx clubs, in my opinion, are like going to the local zoo. Latam uses the Amex approach at a lot of places, so does American in South America. I'm not a real big fan of those. It's like watching a feeding frenzy and a daycare at the same time. I've heard that Emirates is supposedly even better than Singapore, but I've not flown them much and I've never been in their clubs.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Lufthansa's FC lounges are top notch, so are BA's.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, LH is nice. BA, is pretty nice, but not as nice as LH. I've been involved in building several of BA's clubs, probably know too much (kinda like if you like the food, don't tour the kitchen, kind of thing).

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: LSU2018

You just lied sir. Yes, lied. LIED. I did not call it racist.

This is what you said.

"And yet you go ahead and use one of the oldest racial slurs there are."

I simply pointed out Dudes failure at, one, not sounding racist and, two, not mentioning the ''gorilla'' in the room.

Who equates a gorilla to a black person?
edit on 6-5-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
There are many people flying who wouldn't otherwise gratis the stimulus checks. give people extra money for doing nothing and they will find a way to blow it like visiting Las Vegas or Disneyworld.

My wife has been trying to talk me into going to Disneyland when our son is a little older. I told her she's crazy if she thinks I'm putting them in that funk environment any time soon.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Same.. and I'm a dude. Airlines allow their customers... No they insist their customers be treated like cattle.
This is what they should expect, a stampede

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
I saw this today and it really made me think.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

First of all, it makes me wonder why it is that these "brawls" seem to break out almost exclusively at American Airports? In fact, I cant remember when I ever read of a brawl breaking out at a non-US airport

I dunno, but from where I sit, it will be a cold day in hail before I go anywhere near an American airport.

Anyone die?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Australian bikies belligerently bludgeon blatantly, brother brown bread.
edit on 6-5-2021 by Dalamax because: Because

edit on 6-5-2021 by Dalamax because: Brevity

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

The airline industry as a whole, with very few exceptions, has become a mercilessly cut-throat business where customer service and comfort is very far down the list of priorities. It's gotten orders of magnitude worse in the past decade or so (I've been in the business for over 3 decades now), and it completely disgusts me anymore. People have no idea how complex this industry is; We used to have a running joke...'The airline business is easy, all you have to do is safely move, passengers, cargo and baggage, in that order, and make money doing it. See? Simple, right?".

Now that mantra has changed to a joke which is no longer funny. It goes something like this...'The airline business is easy, all you have to do is move cargo as efficiently as possible, and give the Board of directors any possible excuse to lie on their quarterly profit projections to the stockholders. Passengers and baggage can suck it! So can safety! If it costs even a single dollar we'll figure out a way to chisel it out of the expendable passengers, and if you can't do that then it ain't getting done. Period.'

The truth is, if the airlines could figure out a way to wad your sorry ass up, and stuff you into an overhead bin, they would absolutely do it without hesitation, and they would expend exactly zero calories worrying about your comfort, safety or travel experience. And all you have to do to see this for yourself is to take a tape measure with you on your next flight. Measure the seat "rake" (distance between the back of the seat in front of you to the front edge of your seat), or "pitch" (distance between the same point on two seats), and the width of the seats. Then just take a step inside the latest lavatory, you'll barely be able to shut the door. It's so terrible it's almost insulting.

However, this is what everyone wanted, so you can't just blame the airlines. People wanted cheap, and now they're getting exactly that. BTW, it won't be long before you actually don't get a seat at all. Prototypes are already out there. They call them "roller coaster seats". You don't actually sit down, you semi-stand with a cushion to rest your butt on. They can double the number of "PAX" on board (aka, passengers, that's what you're known by unless you're crashing, and then you're a "SOB", soul-on-board).

Air travel used to be a luxury, but now you're just a commodity.

edit on 5/6/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I dunno, but from where I sit, it will be a cold day in hail before I go anywhere near an American airport.

you'd love our subway in nyc

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Agreed.

A few years back when this nonsense started I was going to fly into Seattle to visit my Dad, who at the time was living a fairly short drive, and boat ride, on the Olympic Peninsula.

Then I was treated rather rudely by TSA at the local airport, turned right around and drove. I'll not fly again for anything less than a life threatening emergency. Might not even then.

I enjoy driving, anyway...so there's that.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I will most likely never return to an over seas location so unless its a rush to see a dying person thats important to me I will also never fly again.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Since I don't want to sound racist, I will not mention the 825 pound gorilla in the room.

And yet you go ahead and use one of the oldest racial slurs there are. In one sentence you de exactly what you say you won't. TWICE.

I suppose to a racist, everything sounds racist. That term has nothing to do with race. Unless you are one of those people.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Since I don't want to sound racist, I will not mention the 825 pound gorilla in the room.

And yet you go ahead and use one of the oldest racial slurs there are. In one sentence you de exactly what you say you won't. TWICE.

Have you ever done the after Thanksgiving "black Friday" thing? There is a common denominator.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You just lied sir. Yes, lied. LIED. I did not call it racist.

This is what you said.

"And yet you go ahead and use one of the oldest racial slurs there are."

I simply pointed out Dudes failure at, one, not sounding racist and, two, not mentioning the ''gorilla'' in the room.

Who equates a gorilla to a black person?

Exactly.

en.wikipedia.org...
"The metaphor has been mixed, on occasion, with the metaphor of the elephant in the room."

It seems we have identified the real racist in this thread, and his name is Terry M.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So your game here is to plead ignorance? Ok, I'll play. Equating racial inferiority with ANY of the simian species is an age old racial slur. I'm sure you know this bit of historical fact but in case you have not encountered this bit of ''historical fact'', I'm more than happy to bring this to your attention.

So again, Dude said he did not want to sound like a racist. Yes or no.
Fact, he did say that.

He then used a cliche. The cliche he used has most commonly been used in another form, simply, ''the elephant in the room'' However, Dude did not say ''elephant'' he said ''gorilla''. Here he used a term that has historically been associated with racial slurs instead of the more common metaphorical idiom of ''elephant''

Hence, failing to not sound racist.

However this does not necessarily mean that his intention was racist and hence I have not called him racist. But none the less, he failed to not sound racist. See? Simple.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   

To have lived in the USA for as long as I have, and I can suppose as long as you have as well, the general knowledge that referencing black people to any of simian ancestry cannot have escaped our notice. This does not mean that either of us is racist for knowing this fact.

Now you can play the game that by my noticing the fact that using the cliche ''gorilla in the room'' rather than the more commonly used term ''elephant in the room'' makes me a racist but that is simpleton logic. It does not.

Again, I did not call you racist, I merely pointed out that your original claim of not wanting to sound racist was a failure.
Simple.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You should check out cruise ship brawls....even better!

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Emirates is top notch all the way, some of the best treatment ever at an airport lounge. If you're on first class you don't even have the same airport entrance as the rest of the people, it really is in a class of its own. I haven't done Singapore as I haven't done as much travel in that part of the world, but I'll agree with both you and AM that Lufthansa has some very nice accommodations everywhere I've been.

If you get the chance to go into a JAL lounge, it's not the level of Emirates (or I imagine Singapore), but it's above and beyond a lot of the domestic US carriers. I hope to get back to traveling there when the world finally stops losing its mind.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

On the same note, why do brawls break out so often at European Football/Soccer games?

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

That's the problem, we always side step the issue because "muh feels".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join