It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancel Tex Avery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Where is the outrage? Where is the canceling? Where is the call to force this sick, sick man to atone for his societal transgressions?

Folks, when I was a kid, I unwittingly fell victim to one of the most toxic minds in media. I didn't know any better. But now I'm woke, and the healing can begin.

It's time Tex Avery, cartoonist, sexist, racist, and possible furry pervert, feel the backlash of 2021 Clownworld! (Although the furry pervert part is probably acceptable now.)

Just look at this disgusting smut filth he was allowed to create and distribute for children. I say it's time for another good old-fashioned retroactive posthumous cancelin'!

I won't be satisfied until this man's whole legacy is dismantled and besmirched!

edit on 6-5-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I can't really tell for sure whether or not you're serious, but I hope not.

You're being sarcastic, right?

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I can't really tell for sure whether or not you're serious, but I hope not.

You're being sarcastic, right?

We've reached a point where satire and reality are largely indistinguishable.

This is scary.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Well, two of his looney tunes cartoons are already banned from airing because...i dunno sjw stuff. Looney tunes itself has been neutered. they took away elmer fudd and yosimite sam's guns, the whole pepe le peu thing and they're generally fairly watered down compared to classic warner brothers.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Over the last decade I've been told to respect furry's, now it's being cancelled?

Tell me what society wants. I cannot advocate for a societal norm if it changes every week.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Don't even get me started on Super Mario, one of the most sexist, outdated, stereotype reinforcing icons of gaming history.

Why does Mario get a free pass?!

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   

You ever seen this?
games.peta.org...

Mario Kills Tanooki

When on a mission to rescue the princess, Mario has been known to use any means necessary to defeat his enemy—even wearing the skin of a raccoon dog to give him special powers.

Tanooki may be just a "suit" in Mario games, but in real life, tanuki are raccoon dogs who are skinned alive for their fur. By wearing Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it's OK to wear fur. Play Super Tanooki Skin 2D and help Tanooki reclaim his fur!

(That link actually is to a silly little game.)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Where's the Asian outrage or the Latino outrage?

As I recall, they weren't safe from satire either.

This narcissistic focus on just white and black is the stupidest snip everyone seems to be falling for, or are willing to fraudulently exacerbate to achieve a political end.

Those cartoons are still hilarious to me and guess what? I'm a minority. Go figure.

My buddy told me yesterday that he called someone a dummy on instagram and they flagged his comment as being previously reported as offensive.

Unreal.

Imagine a whole generation of spineless wussies that are next up to bat, to lead our nation....it's pitiful..

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Add animal cruelty and homophobia to the list!

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Very eloquently stated. You said it better than I could.

I think more people just need to enjoy a laugh instead of getting all huffy puffy and offended in the name of identity politics.

A very wise person once told me it's a truly miserable person who can't laugh at themselves.

edit on 6-5-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   

The safest space I can think of for some people is a padded cell with neutral, non-exciting colours and a soundproof lining, soft lighting etc.
Maybe some sort of clothing which will prevent them from harming themselves, too.

Zero stimulus = zero potential offence.

Any volunteers?

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I’m still waiting on Robert Downey Jr’s lynching for the most Hollywood super FX “blackface” in the history of ever. Of course I’m speaking of Tropic Thunder and the dude disguised as a dude playing another dude.

Joking of course, I thought it was pretty funny. But the best greatest is Eddie Murphy on Saturday Night Live in white face discovering what it was like being white.

Let’s not forget South Park with the Chinese holding their eyes up to be round talking like Americans. Very original and funny as hell.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Tex Avery, baaah. He was a beginner. The Pro is Disney. From the satanic theme of fantasia to the bestiality of beauty and the beast etc. etc. Now you've got Pixar (a Disney subsidiary) advertising for trans kids to voice over a new film, so only god knows what that's going to be about.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Tex Avery, baaah. He was a beginner. The Pro is Disney. From the satanic theme of fantasia to the bestiality of beauty and the beast etc. etc. Now you've got Pixar (a Disney subsidiary) advertising for trans kids to voice over a new film, so only god knows what that's going to be about.

Disney is back on the hot seat.

chipandco.com...

top topics

join