It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Legislative Concept

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I was going to put this in Political Issues but I figured it was going to end up in the trash bin anyway...so...I put it here instead.

When we need to, we know we can track a vote with full chain of custody from beginning of the process to the end. We also know that it is apparent we chose not to do so during the last Presidential election. There were a whole lot of things happening, but tracking votes and chain of custody were not among them. But that is only part of what I am suggesting here.

As it stands now someone, whomever it may be, creates a bill they would like signed into law. It is argued for and against, modified as need be, argued again, inspected, argued again, and finally whomever started the process believes they have enough votes to get it through congress. Then the paper-clipping starts and a ton of crap that no one inspected or argued for or against gets added on making the whole process look like a shlt show at a clown school. Then this bill, that may or not have had merits to begin with, gets passed along with all the crap no one wanted except the malfeasant with the paper clips. The really sad part is the people who fought against this bill will ultimately be the ones who help pay for it. Call me crazy, but this is not a good way to run a country.

So why not try something a little different? Instead of proposing one bill, make it a mandatory two bill approach. One bill reflecting each side of the issue. Let both be inspected, poured over, modified, argued for or against, and when both are ready for a vote - let the people decide. We all vote for whatever we feel is the best policy. No last minute paper clips. No under the table payoffs. We the people vote for the one we like best. But here is the catch: if you vote for it, your tax dollars go to support it. If you don't want to support it don't vote for it, but you may lose to the other side if they believe in their bill enough to vote for it. If neither one gets enough votes - neither one passes.

Its going to cost us something no matter what. We might as well get what we want instead of what is forced upon us by leaches answering to special interest groups. Literally a "put your money where your mouth is" approach.

The system we have now doesn't work. It might if the people doing it cared enough to do it right, but they don't. So I am suggesting something different. I know its rough and full of holes. I am just trying to bounce this off a sounding board and see what happens. People here are typically pretty smart. Maybe enough suggestions and changes can be made to mold this into something viable. At the very least, I am interested in hearing what people think of the current system and the change I am suggesting. Or, any ideas others have to fix what isn't working...

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Such things cannot be allowed in 3rd world countries.

edit on 5/5/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I like the idea nothing that honest and above board will ever happen in congress.

Papa Bush said it for all to hear. Something like " If the people knew what we have done we'd be hanging from the lightposts".

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   
That’s a good suggestion as well Red.

To the OP. I think you could run a world government like that. Quite comfortably. The opt out option is a good idea and something that I could support.

a reply to: REDMORGAN

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Thank you. I appreciate that very much. It makes people who long to have power and control pay a price for it. It might just make them rethink the whole idea of controlling everything and everyone if they actually have to pay for the privilege. At a federal level it would be the most effective. It would prevent micromanagement of personal interests which was never meant to be purview of federal government in the first place.

top topics

join