It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus scriptures and the Catholic church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I read somewhere that some scriptures where found that were reportly written by Jesus himself. These letters basically said that God did not want men to worship him in churches and did not want people appointing them selves as religious leaders to spread his word. Basically God did not want Houses of God(a church i guess) only that people know and believe in Him

This was seen by the Catholic church and quickly debunked as it would mean that everything they did was not too be done and would mean they would lose a lot of power.

Are all religions conspiring to hide this information to keep power?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I've never heard of ANY writing that Jesus actually penned himself. I have a feeling, if there are such documents, they are not authentic.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It is well known that Jesus was agianst religion. And if such documents did exist, of course the church would want to supress them. The Catholic Church is like the Mafia....just a religion full of power hungry individuals.....this is obviously not what Jesus wanted!

The Catholic Church is responsible for the slaughter of millions of people through the years based on their religious beliefs...do you think this is what Jesus intended?? Jesus wanted all men to love each other....and to have faith.....he didn't talk about religion. Christianity came about after his death and he would have been against it!!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by madjamjar
I read somewhere that some scriptures where found that were reportly written by Jesus himself.

I'm sure that there are lots of documents claiming to be such. Just are there is also a fraudulent 'Letters of Pilate' circulating. Is there any reason to beleive them?

These letters basically said that God did not want men to worship him in churches and did not want people appointing them selves as religious leaders to spread his word.

If so, this was an entirely new idea to the apostles and the early christian community.

This was seen by the Catholic church and quickly debunked as it would mean that everything they did was not too be done and would mean they would lose a lot of power.

Since the RCC and Orthodox churches schismed and we're around when the early christian community was still forming, why would anyone beleive them? Wouldn't the people who plainly new that this was against jesus say so? Wouldn't they have not formed churches themselves?

Are all religions conspiring to hide this information to keep power?

I suggest that its a conspiracy that made up this fraudulent information.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by madjamjar
I read somewhere......

I kinda figured that this would be yet another catholic-bashing thread, but I was hoping for something substantial. As soon as I read these first three words, I knew I was right......

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
there is a document that is believed to exist and believed to have been
written by Jesus BUT no copy of it has yet to be found.

The Jesus Seminar has reconstructed what THEY believe to be a reasonable facsimile of this document. from all that i have read it is supposed to be a
document similar to The Gospel of Thomas. A collection of sayings. Try googleing
The Q Document.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Along with the Sangreal documents (Gospels that were not included in the Bible and the "Diaries" of Mary Magdalene) there is a document called the "Q" document which is supposedly written in Jesus' own hand about his teachings. The Vatican even believes this document exist even if they don't believe in the Sangreal documents.

[edit on 8/4/05 by Atomix]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Along with the Sangreal documents (Gospels that were not included in the Bible and the "Diaries" of Mary Magdalene) there is a document called the "Q" document which is supposedly written in Jesus' own hand about his teachings. The Vatican even believes this document exist even if they don't believe in the Sangreal documents.

[edit on 8/4/05 by Atomix]

kinda makes you wonder if they own it.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
It is well known that Jesus was agianst religion.

First i have heard about it, cite source please, or retract statement

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Jesus wasn't against religion he was against the religious forms and power structure that was in place at the time. If he were against religion he wouldn't have appointed apostles and led them in prayer and sat them down to teach them about his father. He wanted religion done the right way. Many will argue what he have now is not what he intentioned but naturally changes must occur.

top topics

join