It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lloyds TSB tests Islamic mortgage (from ATSNN)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I thought you had a race agenda and this is what you are really about. Enough said, Im done with you.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Since when was the English considered a RACE!
Xenophobia anyone?

I suggest you follow this up AT THE BANK! Stop making assumptions as I find it very hard to believe that any bank would give up a money making opportunity. The Islamists will most likely be paying more, at least that is what my feeling is. Bankers and Banks are the biggest scam artists in history, peel back the Onion and you'll see it is rotton at the core.

"There is no such thing as a free lunch"

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Xenophobia anyone?

I suggest you follow this up AT THE BANK! Stop making assumptions as I find it very hard to believe that any bank would give up a money making opportunity. The Islamists will most likely be paying more, at least that is what my feeling is. Bankers and Banks are the biggest scam artists in history, peel back the Onion and you'll see it is rotton at the core.

en.wikipedia.org...

"The English are an ethnic group originating in the lowlands of Great Britain descending originally predominantly from the Angles and the Saxons (known commonly as Anglo-Saxons), Danes, and Celts. The name is used for those who have descent from these tribes from over 1,600 years ago until the present."

Note - The English are an ethnic group

THANK YOU!!

NeoN.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have to agree with Neon, if the tables were turned so that you could receive a mortgage to by a house in Britain but to do so you have to be white and Christian in order to qualify would be met with all sorts of accusations of bigotry. I have in the past been called a racist for stating my opinions about the fact that if you to be English these days is a detriment to you ability to function in British society.

People waiting years to get medical treatment and situation occur such as Great Ormand street hospital (world renouned childrens hospital) having wards closed because of funding when there is a great amount of asylum seekers entering the country requiring high amounts of treatment at a great cost,
(costs around £100,000 a year to treat a sufferer with H.I.V)

"In 2000 it was estimated that the average lifetime treatment cost for an HIV-positive person was between £135,000 and £181,000.12 The HPA stated in 2004 that each HIV infection prevented saves between £500,000 and £1 million over a lifetime.1"

Link

Getting preferential treatment to housing even though there are many in this country who have been made homeless and continue to remain in that state. I think that the UK has a serious problem with looking after its own people, how can we be an effective nation and look after other countries when we are incapable of looking after ourselves..

The UK continues to flow down the toilet and I'll be glad to be shot of this country.

Rant over...

Klep.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
If there ever was evidence to suggest that Islam has done deals with the western Gov then this would be it.

How can 'islam' do anything? Its not a corporate entity, it has no Command Committee.

OUTRAGIOUS!!!!!! I am going to organise a protest march through the centre of London to protest

Are you?

Muslims are not allowed to pay or accept interest, and analysts said that there may be strong demand for targeted services and products.

I don't know about that. Seems like its not all that sinister, just stupid. No, wait, its smart and fair. And my religion won't let me even pay for anything at all. And it requires that I only wear the garments made from the finest silks and hand-spun wools. And that i have a harem, made up of supermodels. Its all in my holy book, whcih I'll get around to writting. But in the meantime
'help help I'm being oppressed' by not having these things!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Failing to see the point?

At present Muslims are obviously not taking mortgages, the banks suprisingly, want to make money from as many people as they can.

In order to do this they have to go about it in a different way. Simple, its about money.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

"The English are an ethnic group originating in the lowlands of Great Britain descending originally predominantly from the Angles and the Saxons (known commonly as Anglo-Saxons), Danes, and Celts. The name is used for those who have descent from these tribes from over 1,600 years ago until the present."

Any group of people is an ethnic group. The anglos were one group. The saxons another. The normans another. The natives on the english isle another. The scots are another. The danes are another. The italians are another. All of those groups intermixed on that island that is called england, and the result today is a hodge podge called 'the english', who co-exist with te scots, picts, manx, welsh, and assorted others.

So I do agree that 'english' is just as valid as any other 'ethnic group', but I would have to state that it doesn't mean very much at all. Muslims livining in England who are citizens are just as much 'british' as the latins that became 'english' are english. IOW, 'native' englishers can't be given preference over 'foreign' englishers.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
I have to agree with Neon, if the tables were turned so that you could receive a mortgage to by a house in Britain but to do so you have to be white and Christian in order to qualify would be met with all sorts of accusations of bigotry.

There is no ethic qualification here is there?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Xenophobia anyone?

en.wikipedia.org...

THANK YOU!!

NeoN.

You are getting yourself all confused arguing moot points aren't you Neon.

Race refers to physical variations that are treated by members of a community or society as socially significant. Ethnicity refers to cultural practices and outlooks of a given community that have emerged historically and tend to set people apart.

Back to the "news" maybe?

edit to add a link: www.wwnorton.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Xenophobia anyone?

en.wikipedia.org...

THANK YOU!!

NeoN.

You are getting yourself all confused arguing moot points aren't you Neon.

Race refers to physical variations that are treated by members of a community or society as socially significant. Ethnicity refers to cultural practices and outlooks of a given community that have emerged historically and tend to set people apart.

Back to the "news" maybe?

edit to add a link: www.wwnorton.com...

I have said my peice on what I think about the news... but just one thing though... Quote from your link....

"Genocide - The systematic, planned destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group."

I would state that there is a plan at foot and I would stand up and claim Genocide against the English.

NeoN.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
From Wikipedia:

This article discusses the Demographics of England as presented by the United Kingdom Census in 2001.

See List of United Kingdom countries by population for a breakdown of regional population statistics

* Population
o male: 23,922,144
o female: 25,216,687
o total: 49,138,831

* Place of birth
o UK: 90.7%
o EU elsewhere: 2.3%
o Outside EU: 6.9%

* Ethnicity
o White: 90.9%
o Indian: 2.1%
o Pakistani: 1.4%
o Mixed: 1.4%
o Black Caribbean: 1.1%
o Black African: 0.9%
o Chinese: 0.4%
o Black Other: 0.2%

* Religion
o Christian: 71.7%
o No Religion: 14.6%
o Not Stated: 7.7%
o Muslim: 3.1%
o Hindu: 1.1%
o Sikh: 0.7%
o Jewish: 0.5%
o Buddhist: 0.3%
o Other: 0.3%

NeoNhaze, i think your whiteness is safe for the moment!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Dear Enoch sorry I mean Neo Nhaze

This topic has nothing at all to do with cheap mortgages and everything to do with Racial Prejudice.

I neither lack knowledge of the subject or am an immigrant.

The terminology used in this thread speaks volumes.

There are forums out there which are more suited to this type of prejudicial tripe, and if you post on them I'm sure you'll get the response and pointy hatted uniform you are after.

Tell me, have you ever been a minority???????

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
NeoNhaze, i think your whiteness is safe for the moment!

Thanks for your post.

This has nothing to do with Whiteness as you put it and it has everything to do with the way the country works.

What is the point in a democracy if the minority have priority over the majority??

Why are so many people willing to lay down and let others walk all over them???

Why is the English Government allowing the degradation on it's own people???

I stand by my original post and say there has been some deal done between Islamic leaders and the West to integrate Islam into Western culture....

The reason this has been done???? To stop other Sept 11 style attacks....

The west is being blackmailed and that is Genocide....

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Tell me, have you ever been a minority???????

Your post is a typical view of people that do not agree with Democracy.

Of course I have been in a minority... I have travelled quite extensively around the world so I know all about being in a minority. I accept that I have to abide by the rules if those rules are in the majorities favour.

However, I do not travel the world and demand that everyone else allow me to do what ever I want because I feel it's right or because it's my Religion. Or expect to get preferential treatment on the grounds that I was in a Minority.....

If I am in someone else’s country I respect the people and their culture and abide by their rules.... 'When in Rome do as the Romans do....

No why is it then that we here in England have to put up with other cultures coming into our country and dictating what they want and be given priority over the Native people!!!

I SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone with me????

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
All this talk about zero percent mortgages when you are Islamic makes me think: "If Cat Stevens can do it, if Muhammad Ali can do it, then hey why not me."

Such an attractive economic advantage is not implausible, I mean just how difficult is it to become Islamic anyway? The disadvantages might be simple prejudice, and men in black ski masks taking away the liberties you know, but on the other hand zero percent interest is mighty handy. Let me think about all this for a while.

Wait, as a Christian, shouldn't I be offended by interest on mortgages too? Isn't that written somewhere? Was there not a time when Christians took a dim view of any usuary at all? Oh well, just looking for loopholes.

(When the great WC Fields was on his death bed, his long time friend discovered him reading a Bible! Maybe it was the first time his friend ever saw that, so he asked "WC, why are you reading that Bible anyway?

He replied in all the style he ever could muster "Looking for loopholes sonny boy, looking for loopholes......")

[edit on 22-3-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Not ethnic specifically but the idea that somebody has to "fit in" due to their beliefs, gender, age or ethnic background to gain preferencial treatment is wrong.

quote from bbc website:
"Lloyds said it wanted to offer a service to Muslims who had decided not to buy a home for religious reasons or have had to take on a normal mortgage.

Muslims are not allowed to pay or accept interest, and analysts said that there may be strong demand for targeted services and products.

Would you think that if the average person in your neibourhood went into there local branch and asked for a 0% mortgage but in return they would give up there right to claim interest on money deposited that they would allow this? no way, because the cost of housing is so high that people would not mind this. However, Lloyds Bank are saying that this is ok as long as you are Muslim. I am sure that many religions do not permit gambling but I bet (no pun intended) that they have insurance for something whether it be for their home or car and Insurance is a gamble. You are paying a premium per month/year on the chance that something will happen in which case you will receive compensation.

The idea that you would go to you bank but be turned down for an account due to your beliefs is wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The idea that you would go to you bank but be turned down for an account due to your beliefs is wrong.

Nothing to stop you getting one AFAIK. No-one was stopping Muslims getting a mortgage it just didn't fit with their beliefs. So the greedy banks changed the traditional payment structure to get new customers.

It's a non-issue.

every country has them

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Not ethnic specifically but the idea that somebody has to "fit in" due to their beliefs,

Beleifs are not ethnic. What are the qualifications for this bank programme? That you be muslim no? What makes onea muslim? Catholics are baptised and registered with their church. Is there some central muslim council? Whats to prevent, say, neon haze, from going to the bank, and say 'asalam malakum, I'd like a no interest mortgage please'?

I'm not sure I understand. You are saying that muslims, even tho their religion forbids banking, somehow need to be able to bank? I don't think anyone should be forced to comply with someone else's religion. If the Bank chooses to accomodate them, then fair enough.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Your post is a typical view of people that do not agree with Democracy.

You post something as narrow minded as this post and then tell me I don't agree with democracy. I know of no other country that is more democratic than the UK, it is both multicultural and allows a cultural freedom of expression, although the Terriorism Act is a massive step backward and a huge infringement on human rights.

Of course I have been in a minority... I have travelled quite extensively around the world so I know all about being in a minority. I accept that I have to abide by the rules if those rules are in the majorities favour.

You say travelled as opposed to lived, which pretty much makes you a tourist not a minority, and I wouldn't expect you to have quite the same rights as the locals but you still have rights or maybe thats where your bitterness lies.

However, I do not travel the world and demand that everyone else allow me to do what ever I want because I feel it's right or because it's my Religion. Or expect to get preferential treatment on the grounds that I was in a Minority......

The people they are catering for are residents of the UK, and have the exact same rights as you and I, they are not receiving preferential treatment, it's just the way you have chosen to interpret this particular news item, you seem to have fallen for it hook line and sinker, Michael Howard would be proud.

If I am in someone else’s country I respect the people and their culture and abide by their rules.... 'When in Rome do as the Romans do.....

I don't believe they are breaking any rules..]:bnghd:

No why is it then that we here in England have to put up with other cultures coming into our country and dictating what they want and be given priority over the Native people!!!

Did you actually mean the UK or just England?

You mean that you would like them to remain the underdog as you are afraid of other cultures becoming equal, maybe you should move to the States and become a republican cos the tories have two hopes and one them is Bob.

I SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone with me????

NeoN HaZe

And I say say NO to Ignorance, Arrogance and Racial/Cultural Bigotry.

Anyone with me?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join