It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Science

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Raw rant follows: may or may not be coherent: read at own risk

The Science.
Trigger words designed to ping out a knee-jerk mental reaction. Fear is a common goal. Other times, anger, disgust, and divisive mindsets are the end reaction goal.
"The science"
"BLM"
"Racist"
"Anti-vax"
"Social Distancing" Just to name a few. What do those words make you feel? Motivated? Irritated? Scared? Annoyed?
Words they use as a verbal cattle prod.
Words are powerless on their own, but weaponized in context. The most disturbing one I'm noticing is "The science." It's not "science" or " scientific research" anymore... just...
"the science"
And it's being said everywhere. Another et trigger word meant to evoke a knee-jerk emotional reaction like the others on the list conditioned to do so. This has nothing to do with the OP's opinions on the vaccine. It's more about how the news media and certain individuals, particularly one with an Italian sounding last name that starts with F, and his henchmen, have pushed this crap. Follow "the science." "The science says." "This and that because we found the science says." "We are following the science."
The science?
I remember that term as... the science behind ___, the science of ___, but now it's just... the science. Follow the science. So weird and general and blind and it just looks like it's designed to garner an army of yes men all nodding in unison when they hear it.

Ok great, covid bad vaccine good whatever they want people to believe. But this weird language over and over again is sickening. I'm going back to "not" reading the news anymore... even when it is shown to me by friends and family. It's doing no one any good to support it. Buncha garbage, just garbage, dangit.

Oh ETA, ever notice how sod for brains politicians love to nod profusely when saying something they want you to agree with? I go out and look at one TV and all I see is bobbleheads. What a load of horse pucky.
edit on 5/4/21 by servovenford because: eta

And to answer my own question, those words just annoy me... mildly. But when people around me start using them with that wide-eyed, nodding body language, I have a strong urge to Up and Leave. I just don't have the energy to engage... but just enough to rant... right here. You can almost hear my arms flailing.

edit on 5/4/21 by servovenford because: -_-

edit on 5/4/21 by servovenford because: title

+6 more 
posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Most people are stupid and easily manipulated. I have, in my life, herded sheep - actual, four legged sheep. Sheep are stupid. There are certain noises one can make and they get the entire flock bleating in unison. Some noises or actions can frighten enough of the flock to set up a chain reaction and reach a critical mass, causing herd panic.

Sadly, people are no different.

And it is easy to lead sheep to their slaughter. I have slit the throat of many a sheep, let it bleed out and then gutted and dressed it. You pull them from the flock, you lead them to a pen, you stand there in front of them putting a few final strokes on the blade that will momentarily pierce trough their neck, sever their jugular vein, break their esophagus and then spill their entrails; they just stand there staring at you with a clueless, stupid look on their face. Same happens with many people; they are led willingly, compliantly, even happily to their own slaughter.
:
edit on 2021 5 04 by incoserv because: edits.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yeah, there is plenty of trigger words that will easily get people’s panties in a bunch.

But if you really want to see people completely melt down around these parts, then just mention gun regulations... as sure as the day is long, you’ll have dudes just losing their stuff in no time.

+3 more 
posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Yeah, there is plenty of trigger words that will easily get people’s panties in a bunch.

But if you really want to see people completely melt down around these parts, then just mention gun regulations... as sure as the day is long, you’ll have dudes just losing their stuff in no time.

That statement is pretty much just typical progressive palaver.

Gun control is an unconstitutional power grab, no different from controlling speech and thought, mandating religion. When politicians start talking about abolishing essential constitutional guarantees (like Beijing Joe saying that "No amendment, no amendment to the Constitution is absolute,") they are treading on sacred ground. It's your essential rights that they will take as well as mine, but you don't seem to care about that.

The stuff discussed in the OP is just silliness; talking heads making crap up and people mindlessly acquiescing.

Kind of like what you are doing with this comment.

:
edit on 2021 5 04 by incoserv because: edits.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: servovenford

What do those words make you feel? Motivated? Irritated? Scared? Annoyed?

Definitely irritated and annoyed.

I can’t wait for when the morons who bought this sh!t - realize they were played.

But alas, they probably will never admit they were wrong. The life of a moron.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Watch this video and calm down. You'll thank me later. Ignore that it's UK based, the points he makes are relevant world wide.

edit on 4 5 2021 by myselfaswell because: correct connection

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

And it is easy to lead sheep to their slaughter. I have slit the throat of many a sheep, let it bleed out and then gutted and dressed it. You pull them from the flock, you lead them to a pen, you stand there in front of them putting a few final strokes on the blade that will momentarily pierce trough their neck, sever their jugular vein, break their esophagus and then spill their entrails; they just stand there staring at you with a clueless, stupid look on their face. Same happens with many people; they are led willingly, compliantly, even happily to their own slaughter.

This was pretty gruesome — and equally as awesome, all at the same time! 🍻

Morons.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

... This was pretty gruesome — and equally as awesome, all at the same time! 🍻 ...

Thanks. That was pretty much the point.

:
edit on 2021 5 04 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

What do those words make you feel? Motivated? Irritated? Scared? Annoyed?

Definitely irritated and annoyed.

I can’t wait for when the morons who bought this sh!t - realize they were played.

But alas, they probably will never admit they were wrong. The life of a moron.

Schadenfreude will be a small consolation, but it may be all we will have.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

That was really metal.

m/ m/

But yeah you did drive a great point, bravo. The idiots will always build the bars to their own prisons. Digging their own graves, as the old saying goes.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   

What's the saying?

Sheep live in fear of the wolves but it's the shepherd who kills them in the end.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: servovenford

That was really metal.

m/ m/

But yeah you did drive a great point, bravo. The idiots will always build the bars to their own prisons. Digging their own graves, as the old saying goes.

Supposedly Nikita Khrushchev said that they would sell the capitalists the rope with which they'd be hanged.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well, science is science and they are using the term ‘the science’ like it is some kind of all knowing religion. Almost nothing new in science cannot be wrong and changed based on new knowledge and discoveries. People look to someone for answers and the current ones a lot look to are politicians that claim something in name of ‘the science’.

How did the politicians become the high priests of ‘the science’ is what I want to know?

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

We have been conditioned to succumb to the appeal-to-authority logical fallacy since we could talk and walk. It's hard for the average human, let alone American, to critically think past what they're being told, or to research and look into things for themselves.

Apathy is the pandemic, not COVID-19.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Yeah see now that is a great question.
Well, the way I perceive it is, and this is one opinion... the politicians have this kind of agenda to become the high priests of just about everything--from human emotion to human interaction to human knowledge and... of course...
the science.

They know that "science" is a word that was taught to kids, growing up, to be associated with "discovery, greatness, intellect, smart people." So, if they keep saying "the science" it's basically like saying "the smart people said!!"
They take a word they associate with "good, smart, progress" etc etc and plaster it all over everything to sound like they know what they're talking about when in reality, they don't know a needle from a noodle.

For all I know, the vaccine science (I think that's what they're trying to say) is probably pretty good. No better or worse than any other science... funding helps, I get that. But that's not what this is about... that "science" is different than "the science" they keep talking about on the media.

The real "science" is hard-working people in labs.
"The science" is whatever CNN says.

But the people don't care. It's like getting car engine advice from a hairdresser. But they don't care, because it's "the science."

Here is how the media takes "Science" and turns it into "The Science":
www.healthnewsreview.org...

Read it. Please.

Time.com headline: “Ridiculous Study of the Day Says Smelling Farts Might Prevent Cancer.” Really? What made the study ridiculous? Here’s what is ridiculous: inaccurately stating that the scientists “insist that smelling farts could actually prevent cancer, among other diseases.” ending your story with: “So thank the guy in the elevator. While it might have seemed like the ride from hell, IT MIGHT JUST SAVE YOUR LIFE. Or not.”

Journalism... anything for a good story.

In what could have been the most ridiculous scientific “discovery” of our generation, TIME and a number of other media outlets reported on Friday that a University of Exeter study had concluded that “smelling farts would actually prevent cancer, among other diseases.” And they got it totally wrong. “Although the stinky gas can be noxious in large doses, the researchers seem to think that a whiff here and there has the power to reduce risks of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis and dementia by preserving mitochondria,” TIME reported. Within hours of publishing, the story went viral, garnering hundreds of thousands of Facebook likes and shares. In other words, people were excited to smell farts and prevent cancer (weird, right?) But there’s a problem: That’s not what the study actually says.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

For us its irritating but it's not meant for us really.
Ever spoken to any young people about climate change?
It's like they're all reading from a single card.
Mantra style.

Science is all about asking questions.
"The Science" is about shutting down questions.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You have some very good examples there.

Every time I have personally dealt with the news media on a story, they somehow get it completely wrong in some major facts. This has only been a few stories in the local paper. I can see where the national msm can royally mess up a story but they almost never correct it or even admit it.

I agree that the politicians are only in it for more power, but what do they do when they use the power for something they thought was good but it destroys the entire nation? That is what I think I am seeing now and ‘The Science’ is a significant part of it.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Is there a way someone can get ‘The Science’ officially recognized as a religion? We can then argue for separation of church and state and get it out of politics.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
if by "the science" we mean the scientific method, then the only truly dependable course of action is to sign everyone up for getting infected and tested. By the time everyone's had a turn, we will achieve either herd immunity or complete inoculation. In the process, questions will be asked, hypotheses tested, results documented, errors corrected, lessons learned, and more questions asked. And the whole nation would brave that journey as one community of government sponsored lab rats rewarded for their courage and honored for their sacrifice.

But that's just if we are talking about the scientific method as opposed to propaganda.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join