It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam footage of cash-van crew under attack from robbers in South Africa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I can't get enough of this video, and I'm amazed it hasn't been shared here already, so here we are,...

Video shows two cool as cucumber dudes, the driver especially, taking evasive action under fire while trying to avoid being robbed.

Thankfully, the van was armoured, or they'd have been down the creek without a paddle.

Both these guys handled it amazingly considering the pressure they were under, I'd have either of them on my team any day, massive, massive respect to them both

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Yeah, I saw it when it first started making it's rounds. I was windering when someone was going to post about it here.

I would have gone about it differently, but if anyone can figure out what happens after the guy got out of the truck that'd be great.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Actually terrifying there, he should NOT have left the vehicle however until the police arrived but that was fear and adrenaline turning to anger and turning him into an angry armed guard, given that he probably knew far better how to use his gun than they did I believe he likely would have taken them out though it would have been quality vs quantity so I hope it never came down to that.

I noticed his colleague did not go to back him up but stayed in his seat.

Been in a situation were some shop lifter drew a knife on me (if it had been a syringe I may have just left it), he slashed at my gut and that made me angry so I gave chase, luckily for him I was not in my prime and quite heavy so it was like a sumo wrestler chasing a sprinter and I got stick for week's from the police whom all watched the surveillance footage and had a good laugh, it could have gone badly though as to get away from me the knife wielding idiot ran in front of a train and it only just missed him as he crossed some rail track's and escaped through some back gardens, I should never have given pursuit but adrenaline however had he been hurt I could have been held accountable in our day and ages particularly skewed interpretation of the law.

This guy put himself and his colleague into more danger by jumping out of the vehicle so wrong move but as I said I have made a similar albeit far less dangerous wrong move myself in the past.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
He got out because the truck got stuck, no sense being sitting ducks in the truck.
Plus you can’t shoot back from within the truck, the story says he was waiting for the guys to catch up.
He rammed them a few times in the video according to the story.
It also says he is a former member of the police special operations group, so he is not a novice in dealing with things like that.

www.thedrive.com...
edit on 4-5-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Wait. I thought that Blacks and White working together to solve a problem doesn't fit the narrative? Is that why CNN won't show this?

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They need a turret mounted on top that mfer

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Wow

That guy really handled himself .

He jumped out of that van ready to take the fight to them , Much respect

Both of them were calm so calm , sucks the van got stuck but I would like to know what happen.
edit on 4-5-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Agreed, at the end of the video is sounded like the gearbox was done, no point sitting there waiting to meet your fate when you have a loaded weapon in your possession.

Dangerous yeah, but they weren't exactly in the best defensive position, that ballistic glass gives-out after too much abuse, better to return fire and fight aggression with aggression.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

Yeah, I saw it when it first started making it's rounds. I was windering when someone was going to post about it here.

I would have gone about it differently, but if anyone can figure out what happens after the guy got out of the truck that'd be great.

I've read that after he hopped out with the rifle the perps fled, that's just from online commentary though.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
GTA in real life.

I heard the bad guys took off before confronting the driver outside the vehicle.

And, it would have been a bad idea to just sit inside. What do you do when the bad guys set you on fire?

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That story I posted above had a Twitter link with pictures of the aftermath.
And the perps car that they abandoned.
I don’t know how to post a Twit post.
The truck is not stuck in these pics but they might have already moved it.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Ah okay. That makes sense. I wonder if he tried to smear a few of them. I would have lmao.

I'd venture a guess and say he tried to cross a median or something and messed up something underneath the truck like the transmission casing or something. That or a parking brake or something.
edit on 452021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I would like to live in South Africa and have this on my cars.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Hell yeah lol. Saw that vid years ago. Always wanted a bug out vehicle with flamethrowers lol

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Actually terrifying there, he should NOT have left the vehicle however until the police arrived ...

From what I understand about the security situation in South Africa, that would not have been an option. Seems like the police there have already been pretty much completely "defunded" and it's every man for himself. You either deal with the situation as is, or you ... Well, I guess you just die.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

And they would have been a sitting duck. That glass can only take so many hits before it gives. In their situation after already having been engaged it's better to get space and then take up defensive positions.

His partner looked like he went into shock. He was going through the motions, but not really doing anything useful.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Spot-on, in the video he instructs his buddy to phone their colleagues, not the police, that in itself speaks volumes,

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It sure seemed like it wasn't their first rodeo.

That big gun wasn't gonna do them much good staying in the truck with it. If you got it, you might as well get out and use it.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   

There's a 100 memes going around with this footage.

Somebody used the drivers face in that app that makes you sing. He sings 'Turn down for what' if you can find it its brilliant.

Don't know how to share the video from my phone.

The driver is former police task force, and it shows.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
oh man thats so scary

my scared face:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join