It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

agmented reality for US ARMY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

so this is super cool but i wonder how heavy they are and what kind of power(batt and CPU)

i have used a similar system in the past where it was night vision and thermal so you could see people body heat in total darkness and that was years and years ago and was also a rifle sight

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Wow, that is cool! I'm not up on current weaponry and things used in wars.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

If everyone has those, wouldn't you have a better advantage fighting during the day?

If this is night vision, what is the advantage of fighting in the dark?

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

its multispectral imaging and a heads up display for day and night use.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The British Army have been training with this inovation since 2016.

www.gov.uk...

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This video reminded me those dead body chalk outlines that police used to make in the floor of a crime scene.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I remember "back in the day" when you didn't starch your "uniform". .. Because it destroyed the IR and NV negating properties, and it wasn't even in the "regulations" or required. But everyone did it! Because it made you "stand out" in a good way!

"West Point" press on B.D.U.. Three seam, down the back!

I wouldn't be to in awe about "tech". Some "educated" idiot will eventually show its weak point...

edit on 3-5-2021 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

if you notice at the end of the video they are all wearing packs that look like computers and a transmitter with a big whip antenna

i think this is just for situation awareness and I'm sure you can change the vision modes

alldaylong: SOF forces have been using something like this for quite a while in the 'dark', i got attached to a ranger unit and they had some pretty crazy gear and that was around 2009

some very impressive gear, some I wasn't allowed to even touch, i got to use the multispectral rifle scopes and a version of what i would call super binios. We could lase targets and all sorts of stuff with them and the most impressive thing was how much they could zoon in FLIR

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

yeah the anti IR/NV BDU's were pretty touchy and as far as i know is better but not much

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I remember seeing a virtual reality device used for schooling the "Tragg" children in "Fantastic Planet", 1973.

Fantastic Planet, 1973
edit on 5/3/2021 by NightFlight because: mo info...

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Why not use this tech?
Night to day vision.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
Why not use this tech?
Night to day vision.

I could use those out here in the woods.

Looks extremely interesting.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

yeah but thoes are cameras and they are used but this is more than just image intensifications in the NV/IR/UV etc

they are a heads up and communications portal for soldier as well as the multispectral overlays

it might also help see where aircraft and other mobile assets are as well as targeting and marking targets.

top topics

join