It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF the UaPs are actually E.T, will we have to protect them from certain religious factions?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: canucks555

So what "faction" do you belong to?

I don't church but my parents were Christians.
Christians are not my enemy, this thread isn't designed to piss off Christians so sorry if it rubs anyone the wrong way

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thank God they have been here much longer than any religion or political ideology, and have observed the actions of man as he evolved further along the history of our planet. My concern would be to be lumped together with the mentality and destructive patterns of todays demoncrats... antifa, blm to name just 2...

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Thanks for your reply

Still though there was a cover up, apparently partly having to do with the belief that Christians wouldn't be able to accept an E.T narrative,

I read that the one high ranking officer asked the Whistle blower whether or not he'd read his bible lately and to "shut it" pretty much

-btw the whistle blower had read his bible..Just saying things were and still are prickly..
edit on 3-5-2021 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is the article that got me thinking about it.

For senior Pentagon officials, Elizondo discovered, acknowledging the very existence of UFOs was “too much of a pill to swallow.” He recalled one superior who clumsily changed the subject by asking Elizondo how the Miami Dolphins football team was doing. “Some individuals have a problem with this topic because it interferes with their philosophical or maybe theological belief system.”

In fact, Elizondo claimed one senior official “told him to ‘Stop'” investigating UFOs — and asked Elizondo if he had “read your Bible lately?”

nypost.com...

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
Basically these people are saying that the traditional American Republican, especially in the 50s/60s, were very Christian and that the military was under control of Bible following folks. For the most part.
These folks believe in God and also believe in Demons.

IF the UaPs are actually E.T, will we have to protect them from certain religious factions?

I think we will find these "Aliens" are actually future liberals that traveled back in time to tell us how to live. They will need protection alright. Democrats of today don't like competition in this area.
edit on 3-5-2021 by FocusedWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I disagree with the premise of the thread for a couple of reasons.
1. nypost.com...
Elizondo's religion rationale for the cover-up seems to be formed from an interaction with a single, unnamed "senior official" at the Pentagon.

In fact, Elizondo claimed one senior official “told him to ‘Stop'” investigating UFOs — and asked Elizondo if he had “read your Bible lately?”

Elizondo asked where his boss was going with the non sequitur before acknowledging familiarity with the Good Book. As per Elizondo, he was then told, “‘Well, then you would know that these things are demonic and we should not be pursuing them.’ He wasn’t kidding. That’s exactly how he felt.”

2. Governments (especially the US government) LOATHES the fact that there are some things which simply can't be "fixed" and fights which can't be "won." The simplest fact in Elizondo's exposition is that the Pentagon was trying to wrap their head around the fact that the US wasn't the most technologically advanced entity out there and wasn't advanced to such a degree that we'd frankly get our asses handed to us in a battle PLUS we'd have zero avenue for retaliation. Mutually assured destruction doesn't work when the enemy's capitol is who knows where, light years beyond this planet, and likely with defenses that relegate this planet's best totally useless.

3. At the end of the day, the question here shouldn't be "will we need to protect ETs from religious factions" because, let's be honest here... any ET that finds itself on Earth has mastered space travel to a degree that means such a "protection" effort from humanity would be akin to a mosquito trying to protect a whale. The real question is "will we have to defend ourselves from ETs after some coalition of governments screws things up yet again and pisses off some entity that humanity is utterly unprepared to fight against?" That's what governments do, though... they screw things up and force their citizens to pay the price of those failures. It has always been that way and always will be that way.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I've been reading a few stories having to do with why the U.S government didn't come clean on what they knew/know about U.F.Os, and still haven't.
Basically these people are saying that the traditional American Republican, especially in the 50s/60s, were very Christian and that the military was under control of Bible following folks. For the most part.

Riiiight. The US military, whose primary function is to kill people, is under the control of a religious organization that believes in the Commandment "Thou Shall Not Kill." There may be a slight conflict of interest, there.

I don't think ETs have to worry too much about Jehovah's Witnesses or Hari Krishnas. However, they should be concerned once humans find out that the extended warranties on their space craft are about to expire. That, and the fact that Hot Rigellians in Their Sector are looking to exchange DNA.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

There is no evidence for ET. The only “evidence” for ET is wacky stories of people, with no pictures or video; and the meddling and surreptitious insertion of the US intelligence agencies into UFO groups (which the intelligence agencies created) throughout the decades.

Over 70 years, and no pics.

I don’t think we need to worry about “protecting” ET from Christians, because there is no ET.

But the US government sure wants you to think so! Good job for believing the US government and intel agencies! I’m sure it’s a GREAT bet that they are totally leading you to truth.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Nope...probably just make it worse by reinforcing them just by showing up, making them more real.
edit on 3-5-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
That was horse"stuff" started by the original whacked out conspiracy theorists.
They had to have someone to blame for not disclosing something that does not exist.
Long , long ago debunked .

MULDER: I don't think you understand. There's just too much evidence that it's all been a lie. The conspiracy is not to hide the existence of extraterrestrials. It's to make people believe in it so completely that they question nothing.

Fox Mulder X-Files
Patient X - 513
edit on 5/3/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

I've been reading a few stories having to do with why the U.S government didn't come clean on what they knew/know about U.F.Os, and still haven't.
These folks believe in God and also believe in Demons. We've talked about this in a recent thread but I was thinking that if there are many, many, many people who would look upon ET as a demonic, evil threat, when they, in fact, were not, how can we protect them?
At the end of the day no one knows what the hell they are.. but let's say they are E.T.
Would non religious folks have to defend these creatures from the Bible folks? Kinda like the book/movie Contact where the religious fanatic blew up the machine..?
Problem being that even if they were proven to be E.T, some folks wouldn't believe it...They'd be hostile towards the aliens, even if the aliens came in peace...
Are there any bible folks here that would welcome E.T?
Or would the scientists types have to segregate them from the hostile, Christ loving mob?

*All theory of course, everything we're being told about UAPs could be bunk..Maybe Swamp Geeses..

Wow talk about a Christophobic post!

As a Christian, and 50 year military child/spouse. I can tell you that you are way off base.

We aren't so ignorant and parochial as to think that God would only create one single world and we are the only ones in the entire galaxy. That is ludicrous.

Every Christian I know is perfectly ok with the idea of ET's. It is not inconsistent with Christianity at all.

Even Jesus as savior for our world but not other worlds, is not inconsistent with Christianity. If God would send a savior to our world, why wouldn't he do the same for other worlds He created. There is absolutely no inconsistency there at all with being a Christian. On other planets they may be called something else entirely but with the same basic moral code of the greatest commandment "to love your neighbor as yourself."

One would have to be terrified of Christians and Christianity to make the leap that "bible believers" would freak out if ET were "discovered". One would have to misunderstand the basis of Christianity, belief in God. If God is all powerful, then there is no reason at all to believe that we are alone in the universe or that there being people on other planets is against religious beliefs.

I have to disagree with you on this one Billie. There are Christians right here on ATS who believe ET is demonic and there are no other planets with intelligent life on them. I know because I've seen their posts over the years.

I'm not saying they are the majority, but they do exist here and elsewhere, so his question is valid for at least a percentage of Christians, likely the more fundamentalist denominations.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

There is no evidence for ET. The only “evidence” for ET is wacky stories of people, with no pictures or video; and the meddling and surreptitious insertion of the US intelligence agencies into UFO groups (which the intelligence agencies created) throughout the decades.

I don’t think we need to worry about “protecting” ET from Christians, because there is no ET.

But the US government sure wants you to think so! Good job for believing the US government and intel agencies! I’m sure it’s a GREAT bet that they are totally leading you to truth.

I might be inclined to agree with your assessment up to a point, in that we have little in the way of conclusive evidence, but what makes you say with such certainty there are no ET's when there is also a lack of evidence for such an assertion? Serious question.
edit on 5/3/2021 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Well by all means tell us what "the truth" is?
I said in the O.P that this is about theory. Not fact. Basically cleaning my hands from being accused of claiming that "aliens are real"
But apparently that's not good enough for some people, or some people don't read a thread in entirety, they just post knee jerk style.
No problem, I've done the same from time to time.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm just going to post my signature in big bold letters.

A person is smart. People are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was flat and fifteen minutes ago you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you will know tomorrow.

Yes religious people would immediately be on the defensive trying there best to somehow make there traditional Judaeo Christian dogma line up somehow with these new Aliens , and if they could not make it work they would attack .

And mate I can tell you with out a doubt the Governments reasons for keeping a lid on Aliens has nothing to do with our Religious sensibilities, and If Aliens wanted us to know about them ... We would know and that is simple logic so that should tell you something shady is going on.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

3. ...... any ET that finds itself on Earth has mastered space travel to a degree that means such a "protection" effort from humanity would be akin to a mosquito trying to protect a whale......

I feel that that train of thought is unnecessarily limiting the possibilities. There is absolutely nothing that can be ruled out entirely, so regardless of how unlikely it may seem, literally anything is possible.

With that in mind, I think the fact that they could travel here doesn't necessarily mean they could easily defeat us.

Just because they could travel here, doesn't mean they understand how/why they are able to do so. I can drive a car, I can use a cell phone, I can watch a TV, but I couldn't build any of those 3 things from scratch.

• Maybe they stole the ship/craft/whatever, and just ended up here.

• Maybe they are juveniles, whose parents died during their journey here.

• Maybe they are the mentally disabled janitors who were brought along simply as servants, whom then overthrew/killed most of the crew.

• Since it's probably been a long journey, then maybe the one's who arrive here are after several generations of incest.

• Maybe once they get here, they aren't very well adapted to our atmosphere, thus they become weak and/or their technology doesn't work properly.

etc... etc...

Now I don't know how likely/unlikely any of those possibilities may be, but they are still possibilities nonetheless. So it definitely is a possibility that they could need us to protect them, from.... us.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

So what "faction" do you belong to?

I don't church but my parents were Christians.
Christians are not my enemy, this thread isn't designed to piss off Christians so sorry if it rubs anyone the wrong way

As a Christian, I am sorry but your post and it's lack of knowledge doesn't rub me the wrong way at all. If or when ET does make itself known, I wish you the best of luck in those days.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

These folks believe in God and also believe in Demons. We've talked about this in a recent thread but I was thinking that if there are many, many, many people who would look upon ET as a demonic, evil threat, when they, in fact, were not, how can we protect them?
At the end of the day no one knows what the hell they are.. but let's say they are E.T.
Would non religious folks have to defend these creatures from the Bible folks? Kinda like the book/movie Contact where the religious fanatic blew up the machine..?
Problem being that even if they were proven to be E.T, some folks wouldn't believe it...They'd be hostile towards the aliens, even if the aliens came in peace...
Are there any bible folks here that would welcome E.T?
Or would the scientists types have to segregate them from the hostile, Christ loving mob?

*All theory of course, everything we're being told about UAPs could be bunk..Maybe Swamp Geeses..

Wow talk about a Christophobic post!

As a Christian, and 50 year military child/spouse. I can tell you that you are way off base.

We aren't so ignorant and parochial as to think that God would only create one single world and we are the only ones in the entire galaxy. That is ludicrous.

Every Christian I know is perfectly ok with the idea of ET's. It is not inconsistent with Christianity at all.

Even Jesus as savior for our world but not other worlds, is not inconsistent with Christianity. If God would send a savior to our world, why wouldn't he do the same for other worlds He created. There is absolutely no inconsistency there at all with being a Christian. On other planets they may be called something else entirely but with the same basic moral code of the greatest commandment "to love your neighbor as yourself."

One would have to be terrified of Christians and Christianity to make the leap that "bible believers" would freak out if ET were "discovered". One would have to misunderstand the basis of Christianity, belief in God. If God is all powerful, then there is no reason at all to believe that we are alone in the universe or that there being people on other planets is against religious beliefs.

We’re not talking about Catholics or normal everyday Christianity here, we’re talking about fire and brimstone evangelical fundamentalist Christians, Young Earth Creationists, and biblical literalists who take their religion to the extreme.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: johnthejedi24

We’re not talking about Catholics or normal everyday Christianity here, we’re talking about fire and brimstone evangelical fundamentalist Christians, Young Earth Creationists, and biblical literalists who take their religion to the extreme.

Do you really know anyone of those mentioned groups ?
Didn't think so.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: johnthejedi24

Do you really know anyone of those mentioned groups ?
Didn't think so.

I know enough from talking to them online, and have seen enough videos of the insane antIcs they get up to in order to support their view of reality. I know not to take what they say seriously, since many times they don’t even understand middle school level science and trot out the same tired old arguments to try and support a 6000 yr old Earth, literal interpretation of the Bible and literal creationism.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   

We might also need to protect them from radical atheists.

According to many many abductees and contactee the human looking aliens are deeply spiritual and their science has proved the existence of a higher power.

Radical atheists might feel threatened by a union of science and faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join