It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G3 american made clone PTR-91 in .308

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

next to a M&P 15(NYS legal)

shoots pretty nice and we were hitting stuff at 50 yards with iron sites no problem

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I’ve got two of them, 9mm pistol, and 7.62 pistol. So far the rock!!!a reply to: penroc3

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I’ve got two of them, 9mm pistol, and 7.62 pistol. So far the rock!!!a reply to: penroc3

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Looks ugly. The only nice looking G3s are the ones with wooden furniture.

In fact every gun looks better with wooden furniture. Prove me wrong.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Mossberg 10ga

wood is for old men

but i can appreciate the look of a nice rifle or shotgun with wood furniture but the nice ones are alittle out of my price range
edit on 2-5-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Can't see the img, maybe because I'm on my phone.

I've never been a huge fan of the g3. Nor the m&p15. But glad you found something you like.

I moved to a LWRCI DI, and I don't think I'll move on to anything else for a long long time. Super light, super accurate, the BCG has a gas key as part of the assembly (not staked), and the BCG and LPK is all nickel plated boron so it's self lubricating and fantastic. Well worth the price imo. Plus the spiral fluted barrel is a nice touch

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I should have picked up an AR-10 before the crazy. Still kicking myself for not doing so. PSA had them cheap.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I shoot 3" steel at 100yrds with my 6.45" 10mm handgun, 50yrds?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

i like the MP 15's because they are light and have good heavy barrels and no forward assist.

im a big S&W fan

got some hand a few Glocks and a Sig p938 SCRPM in 9mm for my daily driver but they are in my dads safe from last time we were at the range and i took a uber home, most drivers are not cool with you getting in with guns.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I'm a bigger fan of my magpul furniture thanks!

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

you might have better eyes than me 75 yards is my real max with out magnification.

anything past that and its a 50/50 with just iron sights

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Just havin a go. I understand the curse of bifocals, but a co witness red dot with your iron sights might up your fun quotient a bunch

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I do like most of the guns s&w puts out, I carried an mp9 for a few years. Now I just carry my trusty g19x.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Looks are for safe queens. It's all about usefulness and ergonomics.

That being said, I don't stand up for or stand for any sporterizing old surplus weapons.

But I'm also not of the 'this or nothing' crowd, because everyone likes what they like for whatever reason, and it's up to them at the end of the day.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If your best distance is 50m I’d consider a different platform. For your location I’d be making mine hyper good at less then 20 feet. More like a pistol. Back in my day I had to qualify at 500y as the longest distance to prove my proficiency. I’d not choose such a long weapon for your terrain, what you have pictured isn’t for hunting and looks more like a paper slayer.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Yeah my killing days are over, I'm okay with punching holes in paper.

that being said the shotgun is in my bed room loaded with federal brass buck shot that would put a person down if not immediately they would be on their way out

i can make long shots with glass all day but some times i like to see that my aging Mk 1's are still able to reach out and touch someone

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

next to a M&P 15(NYS legal)

shoots pretty nice and we were hitting stuff at 50 yards with iron sites no problem

Love g3s only handled and fired one over the years. Is th g3 NY legal? If it is my better half might have to be mad at me for a bit. Lol

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

I was torn on LWRCI and POF and finally went with the POF short stroke piston because I don't really like DI as much. I am not at all disappointed in my choice, however if they ever make the POF Revolution in SSP instead of DI I'll be making the swap...because there is nothing like an AR-10 in the weight of an AR-15. No matter which way you go you won't go wrong with any of the tier 1 manufacturers.
edit on 2-5-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodswatcher

as far as i know, the flash arrester MIGHT be an issue but both rifles are NYS compliant i hope, seeing as i purchased them here.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

ie shot a few AR-10's and they were fun to shoot a few times but the gun is to light for .308 rounds, even with a heavy barrel

eta

you can get 308 uppers, might be something to look in to.
edit on 2-5-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join