It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Coffee

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Yes I heard that, it also depends on the pressure build up during the initial seconds, the pressure of the spring too. They stamp the coffee container before they put it inside, that's important too.

The machine I use is inside a house (add: I mean no door open and close all the time, no other steamy things and so on), no climate control though but that's what I wanted to express when I wrote, I get reliable results. It's far away from baristi level, I don't have any ilusions like that.

It's the same with baking, humidity and temperature is important.

edit on 2.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Yep, no worries! For domestic use, one setting to rule them all should be fine.

However, as you said, tapping down the coffee is very important. Too compacted and the water won't filter through, to loose and you get dirty water. This aspect is what makes or breaks espresso made in a classic moka style machine.

Finally, I don't know if you saw the link I posted earlier, but the strength of the coffee depends on the volume, and that varies with the roasting levels of the beans. It's all above my head..., so here's the link if you're interested.

scribblerscoffee.com...

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

The concept is familiar to me, I get it. Adaption to the environment.

When I map in an engine, I do the final tuning on the streets (it's legal with permission). Because no dyno in the world will give me the feedback I get under load, different weight balance conditions and air resistance, street condition and also intake air temperature.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You're tugging on my heartstrings!
edit on 2-5-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Trueman

Like I said...I catch the monthly sale at Smiths and buy 5-6lbs at a time to keep it around cheaply. If I paid full price I'd go broke lol!

The one I mention in this thread is this one :

www.allegrocoffee.com...

They have good prices too, if you want to look. I just noticed, they have a David Lynch Signature collection. I have no idea why the filmmaker is there.

Perhaps it is loaded with nutmeg... to give you those weird dreams and hallucinations?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: RickyD

Like I said...I catch the monthly sale at Smiths and buy 5-6lbs at a time to keep it around cheaply. If I paid full price I'd go broke lol!

The one I mention in this thread is this one :

www.allegrocoffee.com...

They have good prices too, if you want to look. I just noticed, they have a David Lynch Signature collection. I have no idea why the filmmaker is there.

Perhaps it is loaded with nutmeg... to give you those weird dreams and hallucinations?

I love nutmeg. One of my father's secret ingredients. Add some in the bechamel for lasagna. Just do it.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I love nutmeg. One of my father's secret ingredients. Add some in the bechamel for lasagna. Just do it.

Yes! It also is perfect with potato mash or spinach cream. You can even combine both as a meal.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
One was not enough.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Dishplate
1 layer spinach cream
1 layer crushed, cooked potato or potatomash
1 layer spinach cream

Put a "sunny side up"-egg on top of it. with the yellow nice thin and runny. Fresh ground pepper and salt.

edit on 3.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I check it online, wanted to see photos of how it is suppose to look like. It looks delicious. My family is super fan of mashed potatoes in general.

This one in particular is formally requesting the company a juicy steak and a nice cold beer.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join