It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely lucky or is the pandemic bs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Im a household mover so my job has me all over the place, in and out of peoples houses and businesses in some of the dirtiest areas. There are 5-7 of us usually to a crew and we all smoke and share cigarettes and drinks and stuff all day every day. We should have all caught the covee by now by being so reckless.

Perhaps we have and didn't know?

Since the beginning I decided not to live in fear and I have been really bad about wearing my mask. Im definitely not getting the shot anytime soon....

It's weird, all I have seen is the fear response from the news no actual virus running rampant at all.

edit on 30-4-2021 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2021 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Share smokes you do realize that smokers are unlikely to get Covid ?

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Can you share the teat results for that? I can’t find them.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The pandemic is BS.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

We have seen headlines in the news such as ‘Smokers four times less likely to contract Covid-19’ and ‘MORE evidence smoking may cut the risk of coronavirus’. It would be easy to think that smoking is suddenly a good thing for your health - but it still isn’t. The evidence is still emerging on the link between smoking and Covid-19. Some early articles suggested that smoking could make it more likely that you will catch Covid-19 and that smokers are more likely to get seriously ill from it. That’s partly because smokers touch their face and mouth more, meaning that – as we often see with other viruses - they can become infected more easily. And smoking damages your lungs, making you more vulnerable to severe illness from respiratory diseases, possibly including Covid-19, although more studies are needed to better understand this.

Source
Seems everywhere I look reports seem to disagree with you.
edit on 30-4-2021 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

The pandemic is BS.

On that I must disagree. Watching the open burning of bodies on the streets in India should put that to rest. Our staff has been hit hard by the death of numerous family members to covid.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What kinda "stuff" do you share Panama red?lol

Yes, the pandemic is bs.
But the cancer swabs and dnabomb shots aren't.
The people in charge are creepers.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Yes there is no way this will ever be accepted by MSM when they have been saying smoking is the cause of all our ills.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Extremely lucky or is the pandemic bs?

Both, to a certain extent.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You are correct. We did a couple of threads on this last year.

Lower Rates Of Infection Found Among Smokers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Covid 19 Percentages Of Patients With Smoking History Are Very Low
www.abovetopsecret.com...[

Good Video. I wonder what happened to the nicotine patch study. I still wonder if nicotine is the magic bullet for this.

Does Nicotine Prevent Cytokine Storms in COVID-19?
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...#:~:text=Nicotine%2C%20an%20%CE%B17%2DnACh%20receptor,death%20in%20severe%20COVID%2D19.

Given the association of smoking with COPD, smokers would be expected to be particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 complications [3,12]. However, a retrospective cohort study in France reported that smokers had a SARS-CoV-2 infection attack rate four times lower than non-smokers [13]. Another retrospective French study reported that, compared to the general population, smokers had a dramatically lower risk of developing symptomatic or severe COVID-19 [14]. Further similar findings elsewhere [15,16] have raised the question as to whether nicotine may have any biological effect on the SAR-CoV-2 virus.

Nicotine can selectively reduce the inflammatory response in various infection states, including Legionella pneumophila and Chlamydia pneumoniae infection, via the cholinergic anti-inflammatory pathway [6]. Nicotine is an agonist at the α7 subunit of nicotinic acetylcholine (α7-nACh) receptors on innate immune cells such as macrophages. These receptors respond to acetylcholine from different sources, including other immune cells and the vagus nerve, and their activation causes suppression of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Nicotine is able to suppress the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines by mimicking the binding of acetylcholine.

edit on 30-4-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

If you look at the comments in this vid,www.youtube.com... one factory worker notes that of all the people who got Covid where he works very few were smokers. You might get the truth in the anecdotal reports but too much big money has gone into vilifying smokers, Mainly big pharma wanting the sole use of Nicotine to meet the exponential rise in Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease now Roundup is in everything. Since Beyers now own Monsanto, they are in a win win situation. Roundup was originally patented as an Antibiotic, the problem being it kills off all the gut bacteria,,, just as a sidenote.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

We have seen headlines in the news such as ‘Smokers four times less likely to contract Covid-19’ and ‘MORE evidence smoking may cut the risk of coronavirus’. It would be easy to think that smoking is suddenly a good thing for your health - but it still isn’t. The evidence is still emerging on the link between smoking and Covid-19. Some early articles suggested that smoking could make it more likely that you will catch Covid-19 and that smokers are more likely to get seriously ill from it. That’s partly because smokers touch their face and mouth more, meaning that – as we often see with other viruses - they can become infected more easily. And smoking damages your lungs, making you more vulnerable to severe illness from respiratory diseases, possibly including Covid-19, although more studies are needed to better understand this.

Source

That actually doesnt technically disagree for the record.

The idea that something in cigarettes may potentially provide some protection initially emerged from a cohort study of the first patients in Wuhan in roughly Feb/March last year, followed by a second cohort study on patient demographics from HK and S. korea. Im paraphrasing from memory here so my numbers womt be exact but the line of thinking came when comparing the demographics and statistics of confirmed infected patients. Something like 51% of male population in China smokes. Males are also more likely to have worse symptoms. So, one would naturally expect there to be a significant % of smokers im the covid data. However it was in the single digits, i wamt to say less than 3%, were identified as smokers. That was looking at roughly 2k of the first known covid infections, the second study which included the other countries found similar results. Statistically it is near impossible foe that few smokers to turn up in the dats unless one od 2 things is considered- data blindness due to smokers just not being documented. Or more likely that something about those smokers habits offered imcreased protection against contracting the virus.

To my knowledge all subsequent studies have shown similar results. However the catch being correlation does not always equal causation. Yes, smokers continue to turn up less frequent than what we should be seeing in the data however that does not definitevly prove smoking reduces risk.

One interesting caveat when researching this topic last year that i found was an older study on nicotine's ability to reduce the number of ACE2 receptors in the lungs. Normallt this would not nessicarily be a good thing for our health however anyone payimg attention to the actual science regarding this virus will recognize that term. ACE2 receptors are believed to be where the spike protein on the sarscov2 virus actually binds to. The more ACE2 receptors(or less) present, should in theory have a direct correlation to both the ability for the virus to bind amd as a result a direct effect on the severity of symptoms seen. The spike protein that binds to those receptors is how it takes hold and also the multi-system symptoms which can occur in other organs. Anywhere those receptors are located be it lungs, spleens, livers etc... Can be damaged permenantly by the virus. Because the nicotine is believed to reduce the number of receptors in a pre-covid-era study, then it becomes a logical potential explination for why there are so few smokers relative to the % of population who smokes, in covid data.

That is to say more specifically it verywell may be th3 nicotine, and the act of inhaling the nicotine which causes loss of ACE2 receptors in the lungs where the virus is usually first present, that is responsible amd NOT the act of smoking itself.

However that suggestion is counterintuitive to all medocal advice regarding smoking and as such its a conteoversial subject however the data is absolutely there to suggest there is some type of beneficial connection. In my opiniom even if there is- it would only be published after the pandemic has subsided completely due to reprocussions of the suggestion.

None of the studies rule out the connection, only come to the conclusion more studies are needed...however the data has been consistent, w3 just dont know for sure why.

As you mentioned, the act of smoking itself damages the lungs. Recommeding smoking as a preventative would be extremely reckless- so thats not what im doing. However, the data is puzzeling and thats exactly the reason they continue to do studies attempting to figure out what, if any, connection there is.

So its atleast plausible it has provided some benefit- even if not proven.

However at the same time OP verywell couldve been an asymptomatic carrier, statsitically their whole crew in theory could have all contacted the virus and only exhibited asymptomatic infection. Its possible they experiemced miled symptoms howeber they were so mild they werent noticed at all. However, enough so that a basline immunity was received preventing a worse infection (just like vaccines! Imagine that) . I would be curious to see a serology test on OP, and would bet they show at least mild immune response. Taking into consideration what i mention above, the nicotine could be a reason for this however again there is no definitive link of causality.

The OP could also be lucky... Or lying. People lie. Its what they do. Especially when attempting to push am agenda , like those who keep insosting the virus ismt real and vaccines are the devil. Lol no offence OP- just saying there are multiple plausible reasons, and probably even more if one were to look hard enough, that OP couls be telling the truth but have never shown noticeable symptoms.

The only reason i can 100% guarantee its not, is the suggestion the virus isnt real or isnt as dangerous as all the data claims.

The data is available even though i dont have it to link directly, I moderated a Reddit group who compiled all of the scientific studies early on and read them all myself firsthand (hence the recall from memory) before taking a break several months back. To my knowledge those studies should still be available both on their originsl servers aswell as on reddit with links to original site. I wont name the sub just because im mot Trying to direct people there with this post but searching "clinical characteristics of patients in Wuhan" should lead to at least the initial study i mention. Thats not the verbatim title, i honestly cant remember it howevee there were several put out im sucsessiom with the first 100, 1000, 1500, 2000 veey first knowm covid patients identified and the cohort study was then done reviewinf the data collected from those patients.

edit on 323043510pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

edit on 343036510pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: Words

edit on 393050510pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

edit on 433007510pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Why do I remember reading that in France and Italy Doctors and nurses at one time were being given nicotine patches to offset the possibility of them catching Covid?

I have no idea where that went, but I do remember reading it.

Great post, BTW.

edit on 30-4-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I aint had the flu in decades either.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Source

Table 1 at this link has some data..

www.nejm.org...

Under the “Results” section.

edit on 4 30 2021 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I had heard that yes, we joke about it pretty often, saying covid gets in our lungs and freaks out and dies due to hazardous lung conditions...

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

The pandemic is BS.

Agreed

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Google is only your friend if you are a leftist partisan hack.

Pro Tip when debating reality on ATS....

Try another search engine.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Do you ever move people in the medical or death industry? If you ask them if Covid-19 is causing EXTRA deaths, they will say, "Not that I've noticed".

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Recent (6 days ago) Data from India

www.businessinsider.in/science/health/news/smokers-and-vegetarians-may-be-less-vulnerable-to-covid-19-infection-says-a-government-research-organisatio n/articleshow/82240989.cms

Smokers and vegetarians may be less vulnerable to COVID-19 infection, says a government research organisation

A recent survey conducted by CSIR (Council of Scientific Industrial Research), Government of India, has revealed that smokers and vegetarians are less likely to contract Covid-19 infection. The survey suggested smoking may be protective, despite Covid-19 being a respiratory disease, due to its role in increasing the mucous production that may be acting as the first line of defence among the smoking population.

It indicated that vegetarian food rich in fibre may have a role to play in providing immunity against COVID-19 due to its anti-inflammatory properties by modification of gut microbiota.

The pan India survey was conducted by an eminent team of 140 doctors and research scientists to study the presence of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, and their neutralization capability to infer possible risk factors for infection. The study assessed 10,427 adult individuals working in more than 40 CSIR laboratories and centers in urban and semi-urban settings spread across and their family members. These people voluntarily participated in the study.
Earlier, two studies from France and similar reports from Italy, New York, and China reported lower Covid infection rates among smokers.

A study by America's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which examined over 7,000 people who tested positive for COVID-19, also vindicated the above findings. Interestingly, the study found that only 1.3 per cent of survey participants were smokers, compared to the CDC report that 14 per cent of all Americans smoke.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join