It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Police Challenge Government On Enforcement Duties Related to COVID-19

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
**Apologies (clearly, I'm Canadian) if this has already been posted. I did a search and did not see anything on this topic** - MODS, feel free to change the forum if this is not an appropriate one for this topic.

Legal Application to The Supreme Court of Canada

This video is of the press conference on April 29, 2021 by The Constitutional Rights Centre here in Canada. It announces and details the legal challenge of the unconstitutional COVID-19 measures which have been put on to the police across the country to enforce. This enforcement of these "rules by decree" are being enforced on a population into accepting the loss of freedoms, which are upheld by the Canadian constitution and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. These documents are also what the police in this nation are sworn to protect.

I think these police officers are doing the right thing. They are literally being placed in existential conflict with the oath that they took when they were certified as police officers and the orders they are receiving from their bosses (politicians and top police brass) - NOT the legislatures where laws are made.

If these people do not step up and challenge this in a court of law as to how they are supposed to navigate a "rule by decree" situation during a perceived national/ international emergency, then who will?

I personally support their efforts and I hope it is heard far and wide. Though I fear it will be silent as the mainstream media apparently purposely ignored the press release and there are only about 1000 views on the YouTube video since it was posted yesterday. Figured I could help that out slightly by posting here, at the very least.

I would love to hear what ATS has to say about this - because it certainly does apply to ALL countries that this is happening in.

"The constitution of Canada does not belong either to Parliament, or to the Legislatures; it belongs to the country and it is there that the citizens of the country will find the protection of the rights to which they are entitled."
– Nova Scotia (A.G.) v. Canada (A.G.)
[1951] S.C.R. 31

"After all, the Constitution is a document for the people and one of the most important goals of any system of dispute resolution is to serve well those who make use of it."
– Reference Re Residential Tenancies Act
[1996] 1 S.C.R. 186, @ p. 210
edit on thppmFri, 30 Apr 2021 14:50:20 -0500k2104America/Chicago3050 by Sparkymedic because: Formatting

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
we need more cops that stand up to the government. they should know what they should be doing and shouldn't be doing. no more of this "just doing our jobs" excuse.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Good news Sparky! Hopefully we see more police step forward once they see their colleagues doing so.

I have been around them when they have had to enforce Covid “laws”. They have all been wearing masks covering their face but they say that the eyes are the window to the soul. Their eyes can’t hide the guilt or shame that some of the officers are feeling while “following orders”.

My bro-in-law is a copper in Vancouver, I will be sharing this with him.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I agree!!

It makes me think of Hannah Arendt's Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on The Banality of Evil

He was "just doing his job"....setting up the holocaust...

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Good news.

I like good news.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Congrats to the 'Nadians for doing what the police in the US should have done a long time ago

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Happy to be the bringer of good news!

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Certainly a congrats to those brave officers!

A long way to go yet, but this is certainly the right path to take before it gets ugly.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I am absolutely opposed to this covid lockdown fascism, on a freedom basis, quite aside from the fact they THEY DO NOT WORK.

The police by themselves have made the correct moral and legal decision to refuse to enforce many of those fascist dictatorial rules.

However, I think it may be counterproductive to actually draw this through the courts as it has become increasingly clear the system has become politically corrupted, and I am sure the judges will "read in" some garbage excuse that is NOT in the constitution and formally "legally" decree to allow this facism abomination to proceed.

If that happens, the police will then have no choice to enforce those rules they are not enforcing currently.

"Lockdown" is a term used in PRISONS, not a medical term

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I won't be able to watch this till this afternoon.

Are there any officers from the RCMP or cities with municipal police?

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
As a fellow Canadian I as well thank those who are willing to stand up against this.

I will share this video with all I know

SaneThinking

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Based on who they list on the Application, they have people from the RCMP, some large municipal and regional police in Ontario and I think the OPP too. There are many John or Jane Does on that name list too. What a shame they feel the need to remain anonymous. I do understand why though.

new topics

top topics

join