It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate Realities = " Time Travel " ?

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Greetings to all,

What if supposed time travel and parallel universes are one and the same thing ? If a race of beings can traverse universes then there would be a possibility they can traverse time too.

Let's visualize reality as what I'd call a Transient Ellipse displayed below:

Note the further sideways you go the higher the temporal divergence either forward or backward from your own. Alternate realities could occupy the same space but essentially a different time which in turn could ultimately result in drastic environmental differences between worlds. Large elements like planets and some land masses themselves however would be less likely to be affected compared to the native lifeforms.

So what I'm getting at is interdimensional beings technically could be from our distant future which in they can technically occupy an alternate earth (aka this one but not in our now) without leaving much historical artifacts of their current occupation. For them traversing Time to us would be like walking out the front door of your home and crossing the border of two neighbouring towns in the same country who use different time zones.

Say you wanted to teleport, travel faster than light or walk through walls? Most instances of that would technically be feasible as there is the risk of collision. You slide to before the object occupied the spatial position and then slide back a touch after you left though changing your vector appropriately such that you move 3 ft or a certain amount of Astronomical Units in the wanted direction.

It would look something like this:

This is a proposal of how an interstellar vehicle would cross massive distances. Traveling at very high velocity time passes slowly for the occupants but upon reaching the distant destination you then slide back in time to however much after you departed the point of origin as show above. To the outside observer you moved almost instantaneously and very little time passed since you left.

What this has in common is the manipulation of time which in turn affects the Observer's frame of reference in existential space. Through out history fae, the UAF/UFOs all seem rather competent in doing this.

This video re-inspired these thoughts.

They are many anomalous events with eyewitness reports ranging from the paranormal like orbs, aliens, glitches, cryptids, etc.

Skin Walker Ranch is one example where these phenomena seem co related or mistaken for the other. I think this points towards higher sciences at play but more so from who rather than how.

Clearly there is more going on around us than we can immediately perceive. It is apparent we very likely have more to understand than dismiss these as mere hiccups of the mind.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I believe there is a lot of truth to this, it's just hard to prove out unless we experience it for ourselves. Good post starred and flagged.

I just wish the presenter on YouTube, would have someone else narrate his presentations for him.
edit on 29-4-2021 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKestrel04

Being able to change my personal past and then have that effect my current present has never made since to me.

Different time lines that I can visit and make changes to. That makes more since.

Unless i follow the idea that if a time traveler does travel to the past they were always there and can't change anything.
Issue with this thinking is that if true we would see tons of time travelers all over the place.

edit on 29-4-2021 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Or in our skies

Conventional time travel which would result in the grandfather paradox is unstable. Imagine realities like stations on a radio, tweak a few numbers after the decimal point and you can miss your stop even though the realty is ever so slightly out of sync with the next one.
edit on 29-4-2021 by TheKestrel04 because: .

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This subject is close to my heart, but I think the hypothesis's offered are vastly over complicated. I probably cannot explain scientifically but "educationally". My theory.
Why do people always assume because the phenomena is "complicated", "advanced", that the only explanation is "extra terrestrial" in nature. That includes the craft and the "beings".
I think that interdimensions are the real answer (nothing to do with time travel) in as so much as different Earths in the same space and same time.
Therefore there is no need for extra terrestrial travel or beings. I've said this before, think about (just for the sake of argument) 2 Earths, exactly the same inert things like the same rock formations, the same water courses etc, but with different flora and fauna. And that includes different intelligent beings, whether they look like us or not. Even the same time frame, hence their technology advancing at a certain rate, their rate.
Now think with their technology "they" can visit us at will. They can appear (and interact with us) and they can disappear. That theory in itself can explain the sudden appearances and disappearances, not cloaking or faster than light travel. There is also no need to look for the living underground theory or under sea theory because they are here living in our "space" with us.
This theory fits all the phenomena of UFOs, cattle mutilations, abductions, ghosts, sightings of strange creatures etc. etc. so because they are in another dimension, another Earth parallel with ours the space traveller theory dies the death.
If you want to examine more evidence of this theory read the Missing books by David Paulides.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

To travel to a particular instant in time would you not also have to travel to that particular place in space that the earth existed in? For example, if you wanted to return to last week, not only do you need to traverse time, but you would also need to travel to the area in outer space the Earth was located in at that time.

So yes to time travel you would also have to be able to traverse space.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yes you are quite correct, things like continental drift would very much be the same less an astronomical event said otherwise and mostly the living beings would be different.

Maybe this is where the missing 411 end up coming upon a natural or artificial weakspot in the veil in forest or other spots and then end up lost (technically gone) in the very close looking neighbouring world.

edit on 29-4-2021 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Yes sir, that is a major component, essentially one begets the other like an electrical generator doubling as an electric motor. In most circumstances technically the same device used in an alternating fashion. The emphasis would be more on traversing space/dimensions which is where time aka the Transient Ellipse would then follow.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   

well done, great post. You are on the right track.

p4k DIA 1980-1990 ce.

we are getting played, schooled, and growing up in a universe of complexity with various intentions. Still trying to figure it out but the temporal understanding is critical. As stated by a mentor , “all points in space time are connected but the public will not make the intellectual hurdles in our lifetime. “

edit on 29-4-2021 by play4keeps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   
My only real issue with this theory is I'm convinced time travel isn't possible at all.

Time is just a form of measurement, like centimetres or liters. It's a measurement of movement or motion, time itself isn't really a thing.

The you have the problem of if 'time' is real (in the way most people seem to think of it), and a thing that can be manipulated, you'd also have ensure manipulation of the main component of time, movement.

If you went back just in time, like only 2000's years ago or even an hour ago you'd probably appear in empty space as the Earth would not be in the same position it is now, heck the whole Solar System wouldn't be where it is now.

You would need a machine a bit like Doctor Who's Tardis. Something that moves in both 'time' and space.

Otherwise you'd need your time machine to indeed be on some kind of space craft that could travel great distances.

Travel in time while in Space, hope nothing is occupying the space you materialise in, then you'd have to fly to your intended location.

But yeah I used to love thinking about time travel and wished it existed, but as I've gotten older I think the only time travel we are capable of is the time travel we do every day which is travelling to the future. Which you could supposedly accelerate with faster than light travel, but even then you'd still face the problem of everything moving on and not being where it is now.

tl;dr before time travelling make sure you have your star charts handy and enough snacks for the trip.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Define time travel. I don't think everyone's on the same page here.

Like @AtomicKangaroo said, time is just a from of measurement. It measures progress. Saying something is traveling back in time is like saying that something measures in negative centimeters.

Even if we set aside all the technical impossibilities, multi dimensional world and time travel logically cancel each other out.

You are leaving the universe in which you exist and enter a universe where your actions mean that you will not exist. No problem. The original universe is not altered. However, this does mean that there actually is no true time travel. There is only travel between alternative universes, where you can enter the alternative universe at a random point in time. Does this already falsify the premise? I expect so. But the simpler move is then to forget the alternative universes and just deny that there can be time travel. The paradox is resolved, without all the paradoxes inherent in the theory of multiple universes itself.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

And then you've invented teleportation.
And the first thing everyone learns about teleportation is that their the last guy to invent teleportation.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: iknowyou
Define time travel. I don't think everyone's on the same page here.

Like @AtomicKangaroo said, time is just a from of measurement. It measures progress. Saying something is traveling back in time is like saying that something measures in negative centimeters.

Even if we set aside all the technical impossibilities, multi dimensional world and time travel logically cancel each other out.

You are leaving the universe in which you exist and enter a universe where your actions mean that you will not exist. No problem. The original universe is not altered. However, this does mean that there actually is no true time travel. There is only travel between alternative universes, where you can enter the alternative universe at a random point in time. Does this already falsify the premise? I expect so. But the simpler move is then to forget the alternative universes and just deny that there can be time travel. The paradox is resolved, without all the paradoxes inherent in the theory of multiple universes itself.

Well for the most part, time is perceived as motion and entropy by us , otherwise all matter would be static and
nothing would be occurring thus no reactions to make things happen. Yes the notion of time having a direction is highly up to perception which I call the Transient Ellipse which is merely your point of reference in a reality.

In my first diagram the alternate realities nearest to the current one your are in would be extremely similar with some temporal divergence meaning one of them may have not have surpassed something comparable to the 1700s era / Quasi - Past or certain events may of played out surging general human development way forward that being the Qausi - Future. The further out you go the more Temporal Overlap would occur.

We don't necessarily need to leave our universe per say as the universe would contain these other worlds/planes which would make up for all the empty space and so called dark matter, just a thought. Once again my analogy of the radio ( the universe) and it's stations (realities).

For all intents and purposes its the " same " planet ... but in a Qausi future or "Past" as if it were. If you took a book off a shelf then put it back ? does it travel backwards in time ? well no.... neither forward really ,we tend to acquaint time with a direction as we can't see all points in space at once so we do it one at a .. " Time"

We live in a sea of radiation and with energy being ever present its bound to leave echoes rippling out into the universe. If one can intercept and ride these echoes once again before they dissipate into the universe yes... you could witness your own past.

So you can only observe your actual past but alter other Qausi - Pasts for desired effect. Ole time dilation would suffice for going to the current future.

So Time Travel (a rather human centric term) would be the ability to Interact with events outside your ordinary frame of reference at will after and before they happened.

edit on 30-4-2021 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2021 by TheKestrel04 because: added video

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

www.google.com...

it’s one thing to consider astral projection and consciousness using Bells Theorem or signal non locality and another to physical manipulate space time. You need the the propulsion system to create a mini black hole. The point is there are more dimensions than four and all evidence points to cognizance of time manipulation.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: play4keeps

www.google.com...

it’s one thing to consider astral projection and consciousness using Bells Theorem or signal non locality and another to physical manipulate space time. You need the the propulsion system to create a mini black hole. The point is there are more dimensions than four and all evidence points to cognizance of time manipulation.

Indeed, which permits influence on gravity as well...

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
My only real issue with this theory is I'm convinced time travel isn't possible at all.

Time is just a form of measurement, like centimetres or liters. It's a measurement of movement or motion, time itself isn't really a thing.

The you have the problem of if 'time' is real (in the way most people seem to think of it), and a thing that can be manipulated, you'd also have ensure manipulation of the main component of time, movement.

If you went back just in time, like only 2000's years ago or even an hour ago you'd probably appear in empty space as the Earth would not be in the same position it is now, heck the whole Solar System wouldn't be where it is now.

You would need a machine a bit like Doctor Who's Tardis. Something that moves in both 'time' and space.

Otherwise you'd need your time machine to indeed be on some kind of space craft that could travel great distances.

Travel in time while in Space, hope nothing is occupying the space you materialise in, then you'd have to fly to your intended location.

But yeah I used to love thinking about time travel and wished it existed, but as I've gotten older I think the only time travel we are capable of is the time travel we do every day which is travelling to the future. Which you could supposedly accelerate with faster than light travel, but even then you'd still face the problem of everything moving on and not being where it is now.

tl;dr before time travelling make sure you have your star charts handy and enough snacks for the trip.

Well actually there was a UFO case where it was bigger on the inside that the outside.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm inclined to think of time an space very much to that of an inverted ocean of sorts, an what ever, can just jump in an out of different currents or streams.

Why I say inverted, is because in space there is no up or down, an to get into a current would need light speed, which is said to need infinite amounts of energy to do. I'd like to think black holes are largely interconnected.

Do rivers goes into the seas, or do the seas flow into the river paradox, while earth possibly having large amounts of water flowing it bowels. Thing is, we could be the bottom feeders, and they don't want to get caught in an undertoe or pressure at deeper depths.
edit on 5-5-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Donny Darko is that you

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

Donny Darko is that you

I havent watched that movie yet but at some point lol.

I was just thinking that consciouness is infact extra dimensional and the reality we know is more like a manifeststion. Im not saying its not real just there are more layers to it. So there is probably like some energetic layer outside of this one where things reside. Think of it like the movie Inception where the mind transcends different planes. The reason being is this would be linked to astral projection and dreams. Funnily enough our very own realities are manifeststions of our minds. But im going more for our bodies are like avatars and the template of our being protrudes to this one from somewhere else, so on and so forth. This would not stop anything we know from happening. Smoke and mirrors...

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
I'm inclined to think of time an space very much to that of an inverted ocean of sorts, an what ever, can just jump in an out of different currents or streams.

Why I say inverted, is because in space there is no up or down, an to get into a current would need light speed, which is said to need infinite amounts of energy to do. I'd like to think black holes are largely interconnected.

Do rivers goes into the seas, or do the seas flow into the river paradox, while earth possibly having large amounts of water flowing it bowels. Thing is, we could be the bottom feeders, and they don't want to get caught in an undertoe or pressure at deeper depths.

Exactly, great analogy. We may simply perceive it as another universe when infact its the same one. Can a fish imagine where humans and boats/ submarines come from? As far they can tell they just sort of appear and leave

top topics

join