It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are conspiracies getting Dumber?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
There are CT's out there that were spun by people that want to make political opposition look dumb. And there are some spun by people trying to make just random folks look dumb (like the chans do). Q is probably a honeypot to scoop up the wackiest of the wackadoo's so they can act crazy for the cameras.

Wouldn't surprise me and they are doing a good job of falling into the paradigm.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

People in this day and age are willing to lie to get their agenda noticed.
They know it's bunk, they know that the story that they're promoting is false.
That's the irritating part.

They post their lies just to get a header up and the scary thing is that people who don't even believe it themselves perpetuate the lies. Who cares if the story isn't true? As long as it smears the other guy. That is what counts! furthers their agenda. That being the "Big Lie"..

I got in sh&t on this forum once for saying this, but basically (imo) some people should be de platformed.
Why?

Because they're liars and they know it.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
In 'Murica facts do not matter feelings do.
Hope that answers your question.
a reply to: AaarghZombies

edit on 29-4-2021 by CrazyFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The more conspiracy theories come to light the greater the need to associate conspiracy theorists with lunacy. Agenda 21? Better associate it with shape shifting lizard people.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   
What really gets me, is the fact that conspiracy theorists just got played, big time, and for all their years of experience, or not, instead of recognizing what is happening right in front of them actually using them, they failed to see it. They didnt deny ignorance. Instead they embraced their bizarre opportunity to kind of go mainstream, be accepted as a conspiracy theorist. Embraced the q ridiculousness. For me, seeing some pretty good theorists loose the ability to discern has been heartbreaking. I see right through it all. No special skills, it is plain as day.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
When I was young, conspiracies used to be complex and elaborate. There would be spies and international intrigue. Webs of interconnected facts, and unsaved men connecting newspapers clippings on walls with red string. You'd practically need a PhD to see all of the connections.

What happened to wanting facts and evidence, or being skeptical of poor quality evidence or mere speculation?

In my best old man voice: "When I was your age, our conspiracies went uphill both ways."

The phrase: "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities" comes to mind.

"Dammit! I miss the Cold War!"
- 'M' in one of the James Bond movies

The thing is, nothing recent you described existed before News-pinion came around.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   
In my day: Two men are talking in a room, a third man enters, two men walk out of an empty room. That was how a Conspiracy worked back then.

Now days: Two people are in a room, one gets offended, a person leaves and starts a rumor about what the other person might have thought. This is how it seems most Conspiracies are today.

Yes most conspiracies have gotten dumber, but there are still some old-school styled conspiracies still happening. It's just that most people focus mostly on the dumber rumor ones, and walk away from the old -school ones.

There's an old saying:
"The smartest thing the Devil ever did was to make people believe that he never existed to begin with".

Today I would change that to:
"The smartest thing the Devil ever did is make everyone believe that he was someone else, and everyone else was him."

That's how things seem to be these days. We get so many small things tossed at us that when we are going to be hit with a big item, we just aren't paying attention.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join