It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Arrested For Preaching The Bible in London UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Gee Terry so do tell us which browser your using as the story is plastered all over the internet. I in fact had so much to choose from I picked this one

Christi an pastor arrested for making 'homophobic statements' after preaching from the Bible

Is your job here to create a conspiracy? Or, did you simply fluff up?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

It is indeed considered free speech in the UK as he was quoting from the very book our society was founded on.

Some people are sick And tired of having to spout that good things are bad and bad things as is written in the bible is good. In case it scratches people's feelings to the point they are getting old men arrested.

It's disturbing and has to stop.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
oh come on! seriously?!

some people complained that he was being homophobic, which the police had to investigate, he resisted arrest, he was taken for questioning, and then later released without charge. it's a nothing burger. how this thread even got 3 pages is beyond me.

There is freedom of speech, he wasn't doing anything wrong, which is why he was released. If he'd complied, and answered questions, and got off the steps to talk with the officers, they might not have had to act quite as strongly. Being a belligerent 71 year old, probably made him more stubborn not to back down.

Just think, the same thing in the US, the PoPo would have shot him, and we'd have a completely different story on our hands, one which we'd probably never hear about as it's just so common an occurrence it's no longer newsworthy.
how many people in the US have been shot/killed by police since George Floyd last year?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CrastneyJPR

If he had freedom of speech then why arrest him?

Do you not see the disturbing slippery slope we are heading down or are you going to just bury your head in the sand until they come for you and yours?

This ISNT a nothing burger to a LOT of people who see the big picture of where this is heading.

You do not have the right to not be offended and don't have the right to legislate what people can and cannot say.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrastneyJPR
some people complained that he was being homophobic, which the police had to investigate,

The problem with all this hate crime stuff, is that people are both easily offended and want to find offence. The laws are changing to satiate a small minority of niche interests.

Personally, I am worried by the encroachment of hate crime laws (just look at Scotland) and the direct impact such laws will have, and are having, on our hard won freedom to say what the fook we want. Otherwise, we are regressing back to the dark ages where one wrong thought would invoke the arrival of the Spanish Inquisition.

Additionally, the way it works at the moment is that all "hate crimes” are all recorded, whether or not they are taken forward. This act of creating a record against someone - who is innocent - just stinks of potential abuse. Jo Bloggs was not able to get a job because five years ago his next door neighbour made a vexatious complaint.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

some people complained that he was being homophobic, which the police had to investigate

Is being homophobic illegal? If not then what was there to investigate?

In the U.S. we can tell the cops, "am I suspected of committing a crime?" ...."no?" ...."oh okay well f**k you go about your business I'm invoking my fifth amendment right and I ain't gonna answer any of your motherf**king questions."

And he can't do sh!t, and if he does we can sue him.

The police have no authority to force us to EVER answer any questions. Also they have to have an articulable suspicion of a crime to even detain a citizen.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

If you can be arrested for speaking words that are deemed offensive,then that country does not allow freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech means that you are free to say whatever you choose-no matter if someone else finds it offensive.

(of course it does not include things like threats to harm or kill)

Having the cops pay you a visit-even when no crime as been committed-is another clue.
And yes that has also happened in the UK when people have been reported for making comments on twitter/fb.

The Uk does not have freedom of speech.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

If you can be arrested for speaking words that are deemed offensive,then that country does not allow freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech means that you are free to say whatever you choose-no matter if someone else finds it offensive.

(of course it does not include things like threats to harm or kill)

Having the cops pay you a visit-even when no crime as been committed-is another clue.
And yes that has also happened in the UK when people have been reported for making comments on twitter/fb.

The Uk does not have freedom of speech.

Exactly.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Do you wanna see what real freedom of speech looks like?

I encourage everyone in this thread to watch this video and educate yourself.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The core tenets of bible principles are under attack like never before.....for me that means God will be saying Ok enough of this business sooner than later now. Remember the flood and Sodom and Gomorrah.

Also a less known account is the secondary part of the story of Jonah, where a large city was warned they would be destroyed by God if they didn't change, they were not even believers; yet they listened and repented and saved their generation from annihilation. That city was Nineveh.
Nobody is listening to the warnings today, and so there will be no saving grace for the system in place today, they will be purged from this planet at the appointed time.

If you have the time read the bible book of Jonah it's only 4 chapters long.
edit on 29-4-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

All this shows is that the police have to put up with some real morons. Real morons of the Order of Moronia.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: EvanB
He was accused of making homophobic remarks, but he also physically resisted arrest, which wasn't a good idea even if he was in the right.

On the other hand, why did they feel the need to arrest him to begin with? It was unnecessary. Do they have a law against "homophobic" statements in London?

Homophobic remarks?No he never.
Resisted arrest?No he never.
try watching the video in this link.

www.conservativewoman.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CrastneyJPRThe punishment IS the process.
The fact they decide to detain you in a cell,overnight for no crime.That is the punishment,these pigs need to learn the law before taking away peoples rights on a whim.A passing by sexual and a passing lesbian didn't like the Bible verse about a man and women,marrying and having kids.
The courts have again and again made it clear that reading Bible verse out loud in public is not a crime.

edit on 29/4/2021 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
You people arrested a street preacher.
Simply sick.

Who compiles the list of bad words you euros can't say?

edit on 29/4/2021 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I didn't arrest anyone.

Its a good job it was our coppers who were involved, if it had been yours he would have either been shot or one of them would have knelt on his neck and killed him.

Thinking about popping out for a few pints tomorrow.
Guess what, I'll slag the government off terribly, call Boris and his gang all the twats and wankers under the sun.
I'll criticise woke politics and political correctness whilst noting that TV and MSM is being overrun by gays/women/ethnic minorities and that the largest under-represented group in the country is white, working class males.
I'll rant about the glass ceiling that holds back and discriminates against so many in this country and I'll no doubt have a pop at Muslim extremism at some point.

It won't all be doom and gloom and moan, there'll be a fair bit of taking the piss and generally having a good time as well.
But the point is; no-one will try to shut me up, the police won't try to arrest me, the authorities will not try to knock down my door the morning after.
Some may disagree with me and tell me that I'm talking bollocks but no-one, and I mean absolutely no-one, will try to censor me.

Oh, and I'm English and British....don't really consider myself a 'Euro'.
Many agree with me, many don't.
We often argue about that as well using quite passionate language......no-one's ever tried to shut us up.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: EvanB
He was accused of making homophobic remarks, but he also physically resisted arrest, which wasn't a good idea even if he was in the right.

On the other hand, why did they feel the need to arrest him to begin with? It was unnecessary. Do they have a law against "homophobic" statements in London?

Homophobic remarks?No he never.
Resisted arrest?No he never.
try watching the video in this link.

www.conservativewoman.co.uk...

I did watch it, but I watched it again before responding to you. Now to reiterate...

He was "accused" of making homophobic remarks. I didn't say he actually made them because I have no evidence he did and you have no evidence he didn't. Neither of us was there, and there is no video prior to the arrest that I am privy to.

He DID resist arrest and refused to do what the officer asked him to do more than once. When you resist arrest, you're asking for trouble, even if you're right.

That aside, as I said in my first post...

...why did they feel the need to arrest him to begin with? It was unnecessary. Do they have a law against "homophobic" statements in London?

edit on 4/29/2021 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Its a good job it was our coppers who were involved, if it had been yours he would have either been shot or one of them would have knelt on his neck and killed him.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: McGinty
They fundamentally arrested The bible! If he was directly quoting the bible, then it should either be identified where in law that the book is outlawed, or this police force should be sanctioned and the man rewarded damages, plus a statement made that it is not outlawed to quote the bible in public.

No, they arrested him because he confronted a group of people and started calling out offensive things at them.

Really, I must’ve missed those bits. So what exactly did he say to the group that was offensive?

And when you say ‘he confronted’ them, what does that mean? Did he threaten them, or put his hands on them with intent to harm or forcefully coerce?

Looking forward to your answer, as you obviously paid far more attention than me...

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Who compiles the list of words you can't say?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Err, what list is that?

edit on 29/4/21 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join