It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acadamy Award Nominees and Guests Designated as 'Essential Workers' To Bypass Travel Restrictions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: schuyler

Who declares a certain sector as essential? Is it just a decision by the employer or maybe the union? Then yes more should do it.

The issue here as I see it is this "group" decided to declare themselves "essential" and went ahead and did their thing. Now a few people are "upset" that they dared to buck the status quo. I don't really care if it is the Academy Award crowd or the local gun club. They found a way around the restrictions. If some people are incapable of figuring it out, that's their problem. The "slap in the face" is to those people who lack the creativity to find a solution.
edit on 4/26/2021 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

My problem is, they only got away with it because they're spoiled rich celebrities, try doing that as a normal individual and watch how well it goes over. Not to mention, how many times I've seen these people in ads and crap running their mouths about staying safe from covid and following the rules...we're all in this together blah blah bull#...
edit on 26/4/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

My problem is, they only got away with it because they're spoiled rich celebrities,

You don't know that, though. Though I don't disagree with you your opinion is getting in the way of what happened. You use what you can and what you have available, and in this case quite a few people managed to pull it off. There are no restrictions on individual movement, at least not where I live. What laws did they break? I get pissed off every time a pretty girl gets out of a speeding ticket. Life is not fair. And being angry that someone uses an advantage they have is one way we are kept divided from each other. Rather than be angry, see it as inspiration.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What this tells me and reinforces my belief in is this;

Covid (while a nasty virus) is not the world-ending boogie-man and is being used to assert authority and control by governments.

If you're a celebrity or a rioter, covid won't affect you.

But if you're a small business owner or a church, then you're a super-spreader and must be jailed.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You don't know that, though.

Yes i do. And so does anyone else that's had their business shutdown, lost their job or been told they're not allowed to function normally under threat of arrest or fines.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Terpene

Who declares a certain sector as essential? Is it just a decision by the employer or maybe the union? Then yes more should do it.

The issue here as I see it is this "group" decided to declare themselves "essential" and went ahead and did their thing. Now a few people are "upset" that they dared to buck the status quo. I don't really care if it is the Academy Award crowd or the local gun club. They found a way around the restrictions. If some people are incapable of figuring it out, that's their problem. The "slap in the face" is to those people who lack the creativity to find a solution.

That is the issue and if this essential status is something that is a symple decision by an employer or a union then yes idiots who don't do it...
but if it is something where you need connections, power, money, the issue is as Dug88 said...

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DBCowboy

It wasn't a great year for movies, ...

Neither was 2020. Tenet is the most voted on movie on IMDB for 2020 (also won an Oscar), another movie in the convoluted style of Inception but this time without any famous actors like Leonardo DiCaprio. 205M budget and for what?! I just saw the first 10 minutes and I'm already bored out of my skull. I guess it's just more food for South Park to make fun of.

As I was catching up on all the high budget movies that I skipped because they didn't seem interesting or entertaining to me when they came out, I also ran across the movie called Hugo, which had received 5 Oscars. 150M budget and nothing interesting happens, they talk about going on an adventure, which then turns out to be 'going to see a movie', what an adventure... (gave up looking for any adventure after about half an hour, skimming ahead to about an hour with the fastforward only to then give up completely).

So much for the meaning of winning Oscars. I guess if a movie was actually any good, they didn't need to promote and hype it with Oscar nominations and wins. The last movie that won the Best Picture Oscar that I actually enjoyed was LOTR 3 in 2003. Although I have to admit that I did not dislike the winners for 2006,2007 and 2009 (Departed, No Country for Old Men and The Hurt Locker). The others I haven't even bothered to watch.

Movie promotion in the form of Oscar Awards is neither essential nor helpful nor desired. I think we can all pick which movies to watch quite well without it.
edit on 27-4-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't watch movies anymore; I especially avoid paying good money to watch movies in a theater attached to the rotting corpse of some shopping mall, which exposes one to interaction with the types of human detritus that occupy such places. Thus, I have no f@#$%ing idea about what is and isn't quality film making in 2021.

However, I am planning to see the eventual period piece drama they make about "the COVID era" at some point in the future, whenever it's made. I might have to be moved in via a wheelchair, or simply shepherded in like Jao Bai-den by whomever my minders are at that time, or better yet, maybe whatever next-generation nutropic they feed Bai-den for brief periods of lucid thought will be available to the public by then. Either way, and whether I am fully aware or just semi-coherent, I'll feel the need to be there.

Particularly looking forward to the scenes where they depict Tom Cruise going ballistic on the scene shooting Mission Impossible 12. The coolest part of this will be who they tap to play Tom Cruise: I'm predicting the role will be played by: SURPRISE! himself. By the time this film is ready to roll out, I think Tom should have perfected his regimen of HGH and adrenochrome to the point where he will have achieved a semi-stable immortality (assuming here that his fabulous wealth gets him access to even more effective nutropics than Bai-den). Hell, with the right drugs, he might start to actually /age backwards/, like Benjamin Button, which has the ancillary benefit of making him the perfect candidate to play the lead role in a Benjamin Button sequel.

What an exciting time to be a fan of the Silver Screen. You thought it was great with the advent of CGI and green screens?! Just wait for what's planned next!

HINT: everyone keeps talking about "disclosure" as if it's pertinent to the ET phenomenon. (using my best Holyweird basso profundo voice....) "In a world where the public has NO idea that their film entertainment industry is comprised of Satan-worshiping inter-dimensional shadow people...."

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Neither was 2020....

That's the year I'm referring to as the awards were for last year's films.

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Ah, that's what I thought at first but then I got confused because you were talking about Nobody, which is from 2021.

Talking about being confused, I now managed to watch the rest of Tenet and I'm even more confused than I was after the first 10 minutes. No idea what I've just been watching. So convoluted, confusing and incoherent that it almost became comical, yet it wasn't all that funny either. I also still don't understand how this movie could cost 205 million, the effects and scenes didn't look very expensive (just regular action scenes played in reverse at times) and low profile actors. Who pocketed all that money? The Director? Production Management?

And here I thought Inception was pretentiously convoluted as hinted at by Sharon in the South Park scene I used earlier. This one really takes the cake.
edit on 27-4-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Ah, that's what I thought at first but then I got confused because you were talking about Nobody, which is from 2021.

No worries, that was me joking around DB McSockey about one of his threads.

I haven't seen Tenet and it really didn't appeal to me when I saw the trailer. I did watch one of the nominees for this year, Promising Young Woman, which was excellent. The rest I may or may not see.

edit on 27-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join