It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Harvard Librarian Too Pretty for Promotion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
$20 says its her attire (which, this being Boston, is covered up in that photo); the fantasy "sexy librarian" motif aside, I'd be willing to guess (don't ask how I know; yes I live in the area, that's all I'm saying) she was coming into work decked out as a full-on fashion plate. Most of the librarians around here (if they're not part-timing college kids) wear frumpy stuff -- mumus, pantsuits, etc. -- and the culture clash probably did her in. I'll be curious to see how her suit turns out though.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Most likely, if there is any truth to her story, it's not the men that kept her from promotions.

Jealous, catty women would easily sabotage her, and even normally non-catty types would really dislike her if she was going around with some sort of "I'm to sexy for my job" attitude. There's a gal in the office here who makes nothing but enemies, braggging about how men supposedly bow down to her, how she has "a hard time" finding swimsuits that she likes *small enough* for her, yapping about diets and things the other women "should do".

Also, there's nothing worse than a woman over 25 primping and carrying on like a 16 year old while in the workplace. As a man, I don't give a damn-either I appreciate the person, the package or the skills, or I don't.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i believe i read that she was also black. she doesn't look very black in that picture if that is her but who knows. maybe she is half-n-half. the black thing will help bolster her case even more.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megalodon
Interesting...but I have to say she doesn't exactly look like a perfect 10 to me.

Might need a little 'weight training'

From the pic I'd say no judge is going to rule in her favor

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I worked in a major metropolitan library for 30 yeasrs (or so).

Trust me on this kiddies, if you're good looking, no one thinks you could possibly be a librarian.
I got a lot of disbelief that I could possibly be a librarian. What can I say, I got great genes.
(I am not a librarian, BTW, but most people think everyone is a librarian in a library setting)

And, I also got in trouble in the 80s for my attire. The frump who was my supervisor said I was dressed inappropriately. Well, that was her opinion and she was entitled to it. I told her as long as my work was done and more than acceptable, my dress shouldn't be an issue. (BTW, it was not seductive and was verrrry mild by today's standards.)

Sooooo, I wanna see what this woman was wearing. Many librarians I know wear those long, loose dresses that as soooo unbecoming. No sex appeal whatsoever. A little leg would help their image.
I'm betting it's not her dress, that's just an excuse.

Finally, the woman is question is 40

She has good genes, too!!!

[edit on 23-3-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join