It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEPULTURA – Castle Manifest Live At Monster of Rock in Donington U.K. 1994.06.04

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
In 1994 I was in a field in Derbyshire enjoying a weekend of debauchery and music ... but mostly debauchery , thanks to the time capsule that is youtube here is the kicking set presented by Sepultura on a fine summers day at Monster of Rock , Donington 1994.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hell yeah! Sepultura is one of the best bands ever!

edit on 4/24/2021 by Tundra because: Beer

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

MASSIVE ! man I remember the days...

this is old school metal. when the world was still sane enough to frown and not obliterate. !!

cheers!

A nod to two great bands!

edit on 24-4-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Wow, this is a time machine!

I went to the 1988 Monsters of Rock at Donnington. That was the year that there were two fatalities during the Guns n Roses gig. In fact, the following year's concert was cancelled pending an investigation of 88s events.

It was total chaos. My mates and I went from London by booked coach, but after the accidents, it was a free-for-all. We ended up on a different coach, no seating arrangements and I remember sleeping in the centre aisle all the way back to London. It took 3 or 4 hours just to leave Donnington Park, plus the 3 hour road trip.

The headliners were Iron Maiden and it was the most magical gig I've ever experienced. At the time we knew some people had been hurt, but not that they'd died, and the atmosphere was electric. We were in the mud, no toilets, so people pissing in bottles or just anywhere. Those same bottles were used in a sort of game where they were flattened and thrown, frisbee style, at one another. Everyone stood in a giant circle and the bottle armaments were in the middle, so that anyone could pick them up and launch at your 'friendly' adversary.

We were something over 100k people for a concert meant for just over half as many. We had pre-booked our tickets, but extra tens of thousands of fans were allowed in on the day. No wonder people got crushed near the stage. My mates and I kept our distance, but The Maiden drew us towards the stage like moths to a flame. To this day, I can't listen to some Iron Maiden songs without harking back to that day.

A truly, once in a lifetime experience! You got me shedding a nostalgic tear or three.

edit on 24-4-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:08 AM
link   

What way is that to write the date???!!!!

Even Americans don't write it like that

Thanks for the video will check it out with breakfast

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I went to the 1988 Monsters of Rock at Donnington. That was the year that there were two fatalities during the Guns n Roses gig.

We were in that crush together mate , it was total madness all I could see was a sea of people forward and behind as me and my girlfriend tried to escape the crush , we helped a girl out who was collapsing because she couldn't breath , I remember Axl Rose getting angry and saying "you're **kin killing each other" as we battled to get out , truly scary experience I will never forget , we left a couple of songs into the Maiden set to try to avoid the exodus , heard on the radio on the drive home about the fatalities , so sad.
RiP to the brothers who didn't make it out.

One thing with Donington , you were always going to get hit by a bottle of piss at least once no matter what year you went.

I remember seeing someones sandwiches come flying over one year.

edit on 25-4-2021 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It's a small world, we may have even bumped into each other.

I remember Axl's plea to the crowd. Bruce Dickinson also stopped the music to tell people to back away. If I remember right, one of the two mega large screens either side of the stage had stopped working. I think that enticed people to get closer to the stage.

Lol, that video brings back a lot of memories. Some people were seriously hurt by those bottles. We had taken 2lt bottles of cider and lager and when crushed, had some pretty sharp edges.

We stayed until the end because we were there mostly for I.M., even though the whole line up was fantastic. I love GnR, but I enjoyed more an open air gig they did at the Milton Keynes Bowl in '93. However, it was a laid back concert without all the excitement of Donnington.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I have been on a Sepultura kick lately. I recently found cd copies of Blood Rooted and Morbid Visions at a record shop in Savannah, GA. Brings me back to the early days.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Love me some old school Sepultura, can't say I like them the same without Max. Saw the Chaos AD tour for sure, might of been @ the Commodore Ballroom..I think might of been Prong, or Bad Brains opening..such a fuzzy memory of those awesome nights.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Great post! Grew up on late '80s/early '90s Death Metal, so I was naturally drawn to them. Beneath the Remains being one of my album favs from them. Arise and Chaos A.D. close behind. Didn't care much for Roots or the direction they took with that one. Also, no Max or Igor, NO SEPULTURA!

But I'm glad Max and Igor are keeping old school Sepultura alive through Cavalera Conspiracy. And if you havren't heard them, do so now:

edit on 28-4-2021 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech
Have you checked out any Killer Be Killed?

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Kromlech
Have you checked out any Killer Be Killed?

Nice, I like what I'm hearing. DEFINITELY keeping the old school vibe alive.

top topics

join