It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free E-book - 'The Cryptoterrestrials'.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Lots of great UFO literature now out there in the public domain and thought this was a really great (and important) read by the late Mac Tonnies.

• E-book available at links in document viewer or full text version.

The Cryptoterrestrials - Mac Tonnies.

What if the "aliens" are not from other planets? In this book, Mac Tonnies proposes that at least some accounts of alien visitation can be attributed to a humanoid species indigenous to the Earth, a sister race that has adapted to our numerical superiority by developing a surprisingly robust technology.

At the same time, this groundbreaking work attempts to reconcile the mythological and contemporary accounts of "little people" into a coherent picture. "For too long, we've called them 'aliens,' assuming that we represent our planet's best and brightest," writes Tonnies. "Maybe that's exactly what they want us to think."

Document Viewer

Full Text

Mac Tonnies outlines the Cryptoterrestrial hypothesis (CTH).

This theory by late American author and blogger Mac Tonnies asserts that if we accept that UFOs are vehicles created by an advanced civilization and apply Occam’s razor, we can conclude that it is most likely the civilization originates from the Earth itself rather than a distant planet.

Tonnies suggests that we share our planet with a humanoid race much older than humanity but related to us (explaining their physical form) and more technologically advanced. He dubbed these entities the “cryptoterrestrials,” rejecting “ultraterrestrial” as too linked to theories of humanoid visitors from other dimensions and “cryptohominid” as too suggestive of Bigfoot.

Tonnies suggests the entities may be a dying civilization given to subterfuge by hiding underwater or underground. These entities promote and encourage the idea that UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin as a cover story to throw investigators off from the truth. Reports from abductees of aliens warning humanity to care for the Earth make more sense if they are fellow Earth residents rather than visitors from thousands of light-years away..

The US Air Force isn’t trying to cover up a threat from above, but the existence of another, slightly more advanced civilization below us. Tonnies admits that some alien encounters could very well be of extraterrestrial or interdimensional origin, but he believed the majority are the result of a deception campaign by a desperate, Earth-based military force of subterraneans hoping to keep our eyes fixed firmly on the skies.

link

'The Atlantic' newspaper - untimely death:

Mac Tonnies was 34, a non-smoker, and vegetarian who walked every day. On October 18, 2009, he sent me a message on Twitter, went to bed and never woke up. His life was taken swiftly by an undiagnosed heart condition in his sleep. He became one of the bizarre deaths on my list.

link

Couldn't source this pic but an interesting one nonetheless.

All healthy speculation of course and don't know how folks feel about a race of techologically superior indigenous humanoids sharing the planet and being in some way responsible for UFO (or USO) reports but there's a good interview here which expands on ufological aspects surrounding the hypothesis.

Related links:

UFOs: Looking Beyond the Extraterrestrial Theory

An Extraterrestrial Presence or Unknown People?

Passport to Magonia - Jacques Vallee (pdf)

WaterUFO

edit on 25-4-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So Wakanda is real then?

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Everything on that magical rectangle in your house is real..........
edit on 24-4-2021 by TechnoAssassin1 because: Shape change

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Looks like Zoologist Ivan T Sanderson was also speculating about cryptoterrestrials as far back as the 1960s (so not a relatively new concept).

CTH:

Sanderson at several points suggested the possibility that the "occupants" of UFOs might be artificial life forms. He was not dogmatic about this, and also entertained the idea that they might be an as-yet unknown life-form indigenous to Earth. Still, the concept of UFOs as a form of artificial intelligence is fertile enough that we might have expected some follow-up.

USOs:

Sanderson reminds us of the hard yet oft-forgotten fact of UFOlogy, which is, most UFOs seem inextricably connected with water - They are very frequently seen entering and leaving water, moving through or above water, and otherwise interacting with water. 

Sanderson explores all the implications of this, leading him to postulate that most UFOs are actually USOs - Unidentified Submerged Objects, and their pilots, these other intelligences (OINTS), may have evolved alongside of humanity but under the sea.

link

E-books:

Invisible Residents

Uninvited Visitors
edit on 24-4-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12
Cool, appreciate the link and summary!

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread and much appreciated.

I've long held the belief that there may be another civilization here, however, it had stemmed from the Hollow Earth theory.

For the record, when I say Hollow Earth, I don't mean a massive empty interior complete with mini sun, rather, large and expansive interconnecting tunnels that span the globe at the furthest depth, due to tectonic activity, some areas have long been closed off, others artificially maintained.

It is these pockets a civilization remains, small, but highly advance. Perhaps some dealings with world leaders, if not, a handful among the entire world.

They probably want to just be left alone, at peace, perhaps slowly dying. Maybe it's that slow death that has spun up activity to abduct the local biology for any secrets in its DNA.

Deep ocean, maybe one large cavernous pocket that could house a small civilization, the size of Japan, or Australia.

Sounds more plausible than ET, right?

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Great thread, I can not for the life of me understand why some chose to comment merely to troll, shame on them.

As for this hypothesis it is quite believable and more than plausible, we have skull's from OTHER human species such as the Caracas skull's.

And a claim from a lady by the name of Karen Hudes a former World Banker that there is indeed another race on earth.

If one such race exists then why not other's, there are also ancient legends of beings living in underground city's and oddly today there are a growing number of deep underground military bases that could be regarded as city's or huge bunker network's.

I see no problem with this hypothesis but also do believe we have been visited by others from elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This isn't a new idea at all. Back in the late 1700's James Matthews talked about something called "The Air Loom Gang", and this group was using some kind of science to control people. The device was called "Influencing Machine". The people that controlled this device were never described as human, only human like.

During the 1940s and 50s Richard Shaver had made similar statements, but he went into further details about the people he saw. One group was called DEROs and the other group was called TEROs. Shaver had even claimed to obtained their language. This "Mantong" language is very interesting to play with.

Decades ago there was a man called 'Richard Shaver', who possessed a very unusual world view. He published various science fiction stories (his most well-known I think is 'I remember Lemuria'), which he claimed were actually true stories.

He claimed all sorts of wierd things, such as the earth being hollow and the inside of the earth being inhabited by highly advanced beings called 'Dero', and all sorts of wierd #. The general assumption is that he was either schizophrenic, or a hoaxer.

But unlike similar people (such as one guy I cant seem to find the name of, he sent letters to various media outlets about ppl actually being robots with their brains stored on the dark side of the moon and such), there are many people even today who believe that what he claimed was true, outrageous as it is and even though it clearly contradicts modern science.

The thing that tends to convince people that he was telling the truth, is the 'mantong alphabet'. He claimed that each letter of the English alphabet actually represented a word or concept, and that every word in English actually represented a sentence. For example, I believe he claimed that the word 'morbid' translates as 'I want to die'.

At the link I provided there is a listing of how this "Mantong" Language works.

One would think that if this "Mantong" is true and workable, then it should work better with older languages.

So these beings of Shaver's live under the surface of the Earth, but not at it's center. Kind of like those crystal caves in Mexico. This idea is very old, even Leonardo da Vinci had drawn weird looking people that fit these descriptions when he was exploring a cave near the town he lived in. Another point I like to point out, "Shadow People"

Yep, as I have personally investigated and have creatively shared here (An ATS Thread) Shadow People seem to be a separate society that has existed before mankind, but I don't know how long before, and despite what people might think of Shadow People, the society seems to be as varied as our own in the personalities of the individuals that make up the group.

Could the Shadow People be only a part of the Cave People/Air Loom Gang/ DEROs of previous names mentioned here? Maybe, but either way this idea of an "Unknown Culturally Advanced Species" (or Cryptoterrestrials) isn't outside of the realm of possibilities. At least to me.

To much evidence to back up the claim. It's too bad that people in the academic world aren't spending much time researching this possibility.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Excellent post and an interesting book.

As far as

Looks like Zoologist Ivan T Sanderson was also speculating about cryptoterrestrials as far back as the 1960s (so not a relatively new concept).

I just wanted to remind that sentient non humans on Earth goes back even further, perhaps back further than when our written records begin.

Fairy lore and pagan myths come to mind. Perhaps they weren't so "crypto" back when... if they exist, of course.

edit on 4/24/2021 by Baddogma because: added begin

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't personally believe that extraterrestrials have visited Earth, but I have never seen the idea posited that a "sister race" has co-evolved on Earth. For that alone, I want to take a look at what's said here. I fully expect not to believe it, but the idea is so fascinating that I feel it deserves a look for that if nothing else. GuyFriday mentions that this isn't a new idea, but it certainly is to me, and I thank those in this thread for bringing it to my attention.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DragonsDemesne

Silurians have been on Earth a lot longer than humans.
aliens.fandom.com...
edit on 4/24/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

aliens.fandom.com...

Oh my:

The Silurian third eye is able to flash bright red lights that can stun, hypnotize or even kill. It also appears that they can control their technology using the third eye.

My 3rd eye, has a strobe light effect. I use it against the Silurians, red flashy, kill, 3rd eye...

seems the "slow motion" effect of my 3rd eye strobe effects the reptilian brain to react by morphing back and forth from their human politician/celebrity forms, disabling their red, flashy, stun, kill bit

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Watch out for Daleks. They aren't from around here.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Silurian...

any kin to the Sleestak?

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:20 AM
link   
How could these beings create their air craft under water? It makes no sense. I don't know how beings could evolve underground either, with the intelligence to build these crafts. It's one thing if there's beings living along side us. It's another that they would evolve to be way more intelligent than us.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

aliens.fandom.com...

... need a hot environment for comfort. They are also way more resistant to cosmic rays radiation than Humans.

Same as Floridians and Hawaiians.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well, my thought on the subject is like this. Earth is essentially an incubator for humanity. And it's being watched over by either a supreme or superior being. And this incubator has been undergoing a number of phases.

Right now currently the Earth is undergoing what the book of Hosea calls the day of Jezreel prophecy. Essentially the Earth was to be cut off and cursed for a 2000 year time period. After the curse comes the day of Jezreel. Also called the 1000 year reign of the saints of Revelation. Which is supposed to be the exact opposite of the cursed period. Where a benevolent God rules through his network of saints. Where violence and death is pretty much eliminated and so on.

Apparently the ultimate reason for all of what he's doing is for the reason of procreation. God is trying to make more gods. Lower case g as opposed to the upper case G. And the current process is to get rid of the defective and unworthy ones. The Apocalypse is supposed to be a great filter. And the graduates of this school move on and the rest are put out of their misery.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Deep ocean, maybe one large cavernous pocket that could house a small civilization, the size of Japan, or Australia.

Appreciate the post mate and you may well be onto something as there are plenty of reports of unknown objects emerging from (or submerging into) the world's oceans - he passed away a couple of years ago but thought Carl Feindt was an excellent researcher and some truly intriguing eyewitness testimony in the E-book below.

Pic

"UFOs have approximately 75% of this planet in which to operate undetected.Adding another piece to the puzzle. From dissimilar puzzle pieces supplied by ufologists throughout the years of UFO history, a picture is starting to take shape. Ufologist Carl Feindt has not only contributed his own small piece, but he has also connected many of the previous pieces to form an enlightening and highly plausible theory.Feindt’s studies concern Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) that enter and exit the dense medium of water.

John F. Schuessler, Former International Director of MUFON

Google E-book

Skyfloating's thread here is also a bit of a classic and details lots of freaky testimony from naval officers, ship's captains, crewmen, coastguards, submariners, fishermen, airline pilots, policemen etc. - there also exists quite a number of accounts of missing Naval log books.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

today there are a growing number of deep underground military bases that could be regarded as city's or huge bunker network's.

Well said mate and I'd speculate we're not even aware of a fraction of what's going on underground with regard to global DUMBs and historical undisclosed expenditure.

It's estimated that even back in 2009 the black budget for the US DOD was around $50 billion and if Bill Sweetman's articles in Jane’s International Defence Review are to be believed then the security fraction of the total budget for these 'deep black' SAPs can approach 50%.

In case you've not seen it there's a really relevant presentation below by Richard Sauder and highly recommend his book 'Hidden Empire'.

a reply to: Guyfriday

Some interesting reading there and had never heard of James Matthews before - was under the impression Shaver was writing under the guise of fiction but some relevant discussion about his theories here and info below about his involvement with Raymond Palmer (great site as well).

The Positively True Story Of Kenneth Arnold

edit on 25-4-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I just wanted to remind that sentient non humans on Earth goes back even further, perhaps back further than when our written records begin.

Fairy lore and pagan myths come to mind. Perhaps they weren't so "crypto" back when... if they exist, of course.

Well mate quite a number of disc shaped reports going way back before 1947.

Couldn't agree more with your comments about folklore and global accounts are positively littered with underground dwelling folk who enjoy abducting humans and seemingly have an obsession with reproduction and family lineage.

"The very concept of a parallel between modern ufology and ancient folklore is still occasionally challenged by believers in the theory that UFOs are nuts-and-bolts spacecraft"

Jacques Fabrice Vallée - Astronomer

Thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join