It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the censorship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Im so sick of this censorship stuff. Why on earth did half the country freak out over a split second view of a partially covered nipple during their half time show? So your kid saw a nipple? WHY IS THAT BAD? How screwed up is American society!?!? Nudity is bad. Sex is bad. Certain words are bad? How can anyone get hurt by any of the forbidden words- i mean seriously if you want to raise a kid that is going to be shocked everytime he hears a curse word you better be saving up for his mental institution instead of his college education. Get a remote control and stick to your religious network already, ur suffocating the rest of us with your own screwed up self hatred and shame. The "good old days" you remember when "family tv" was all that existed....well frankly they bore the out of those of us that aren't collecting social security yet, and we don't wanna go back. Howard Stern is not going to destroy the world, and seeing a naked woman on tv is not going to make little johnny a rapist. So I ask you...why you freakin?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The problem is/was, there are other channels and other shows for that kind of thing. But not the Super Bowl, which IS supposed to be family friendly.

I happen to agree with you on this, but I also happen to flip to another channel when I feel like seeing T&A.

If there was truly censorship afoot, there would be no cable and pay tv.

Anyway, their voice deserves to be heard as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The point is not about "family Shows" is all about agendas by minority groups like religious fundamentalist.

Censorship is needed but is also used to pursue what fundamentalist call "retaking American for Christ"

That means abusing you civil rights or taking them away in the name of morality and the bible because they want Americans to live under the Christian rule by their own choosing.

That is fine with me as long as they keep it to themselves but not when is pushed over to the rest of the population.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Descendant
Im so sick of this censorship stuff. Why on earth did half the country freak out over a split second view of a partially covered nipple during their half time show?

That was such a media-manufactured and induced "scandal," its beyond ridiculous. I doubt the majority of Americans watching gave a shiZit. I was watching and missed it completely.
That's how fast it happened. The MEDIA made an issue of it. And the BushPublican party used it like mad as a "wedge issue."

They freak out over that, and yet support torture and sexual humiliation.. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango
The problem is/was, there are other channels and other shows for that kind of thing. But not the Super Bowl, which IS supposed to be family friendly.

Okay, but why isn't nudity family friendly? what harm can a little nudity cause to someone's family?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Descendant

Originally posted by quango

Okay, but why isn't nudity family friendly? what harm can a little nudity cause to someone's family?

Nudity, sex, and violence even ... (
) should be a matter of personal choice. Some folks are offended, some are not. And it doesn't always boil down to Christian fundamentalists versus "People of the world". I am not a Christian fundamentalist, but by personal taste, I may not be the least bit interested in seeing Janet Jackson's nipples ... Or Michael's as far as that goes.

Yeah... You can say, "change the channel", but there are times and places for that type of stuff and I don't think that most people thought the football game was the time, or the place.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
i can sort of understand the sex has its place, and maybe if i really strain myself i can understand the violence part...but nudity? I mean to me its like, i don't like country music, but if NBC plays a commercial with country music in it- I'm quite sure the FCC isn't going to care- so whats the difference, like whats the big deal with nudity on tv? and whats wrong with the forbidden words? I can see how you don't want a child to immitate a shoot out or something...but why would anyone care if their kid repeats a word he hears on tv- isn't that basically the idea behind shows like sesame street- its a different set of words but why are they any different?

top topics

join