It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: North America to Announce Special Alliance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
According to Mexican officials, Canada, and the United States are set to join thier country in a special alliance. This alliance will improve security while allowing the flow of goods across the borders. All three countries are part of the North American Free Trade Agreement or NAFTA. Bush, Fox and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin are expected to sign the bill this week.

story.news.yahoo.com[/url ]
MEXICO CITY - Mexico, the United States and Canada will announce a special alliance to improve security while protecting the flow of trade across their borders, a Mexican official said Monday.

The alliance represents "a big step" toward promoting economic development in the three countries, which belong to the North American Free Trade Agreement, and making their markets more competitive with Europe and Asia, Geronimo Gutierrez, Mexico's deputy secretary for North America, told reporters.

President Vicente Fox also hopes to broach immigration reform during Wednesday's meeting in Waco, Texas, although he has said previously that chances of its passage in the United States are slim.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its not a surprising development, but I would have expected that more detail would have been available before the signing. Will this foster better NAFTA cooperation? I'm not sure, but if the EU maintains itself then the alliance will be more important as the world marketplace heats up and becomes more competitive. I would not be surprised to see Japan and Australia as part of the arrangement before long.

[edit on 3/22/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
im not good with matters like this but what exactaly does this alliance entail that we will all basicaly the same country?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ace135
im not good with matters like this but what exactaly does this alliance entail that we will all basicaly the same country?

Nah Ace,

NAFTA is a free trade agreemnt, this is just a fancy security operation IMHO. Even in the EU individual states retain thier national identity.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
So not to be cliché, but didn't Titor speak of some form of alliance between Canada, USA and Mexico?

Otherwise, how would this help the USA compete with the EU all that much? Canada and Mexico have rather low GNPs (or is GDP? I always get those confused...) last time I checked.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I actually drifted more into NAFTA in my opinion section of the post. To compete with the EU, you may see other countries brought in. Canada has a strong leaning towards natural resurces, Mexico has oil and resonable labor costs etc. NAFTA should help esp. if the countries can stand together for eonomic issues.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You mentioned Japan and Australia being included, but why not India also? Don't we do a lot of business with them, especially outsourcing of a lot of stuff. *insert mourning of flight service*

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
You mentioned Japan and Australia being included, but why not India also? Don't we do a lot of business with them, especially outsourcing of a lot of stuff. *insert mourning of flight service*

good call I did not even think about that one. Its Possible esp. given the thawing of our relationship. Globat trade alliances may really be they was to go without the need for a total intergration of monetary systems and all the headaches that it brings with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I dont see how this changes things. We have always had a special alliance with them.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Ah just trade guess i was off alitle
I am going to have to read more on this i find it interesting. Is this going to help with te economy in the long run? or make jobs?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
our resources in great need. the fact that free trade has been a big failure canada will do the american thing turn our backs and look at the ceiling.canada we never sell out and if mexico does well they just insulted there own people.free trade is a joke.most people like the old ways.money to be made without freetrade.after all the people that have lost there jobs and some even homeless. would ya think that nafta would be put in the garbage can and we could go back to better wages.hopefully the pens will run out of ink and no bad deals will be signed.take lawyers with you canada not pens lol..........flukemol

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
People are mentioning this helping us compete with the EU, perhaps it's just me but I fail to see how this could help. The EU is strong because it's constituant countries have long developed stabalized economies for the most part. Mexico on the other hand depends, in large part, on America. Mexico's lower class tend to emigrate to the states while their upper class do a good portion of business with America. The article mentioned this bill was supposed to encourage economic development between the countries. Stop me if I'm wrong but I thought the US had a well developed economy. Well developed that is, before this trend of outsourcing and illegal immigration. Without a doubt the US would be heading this little coalition and no doubt footing most of the bill. Correction, I'd be footing the bill. Perhaps they wish to creat an EU-esque coalition in hopes of attracting countries that might otherwise be left out such as Australia. In that case, if enough countries joined it could benefit the US and possibly Canada. though that does reek of economic imperialism. Mexico I fear, will always be screwed.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
you bring another good point .what about other countires?they might feel left out.they might think we are trying to own the world economy.just a thought.hey what we do has effect on everyone else.well see after the 23 if anything good comes out of it......

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
not another free trade fiasco

if we were to say equilize our money and wages as well as costs of liveing. perhaps we could end up with ecconomical sucess this is where we differ with the eu. eu countries are on fairly equil terms where their ecconomies are concerned. here resourses canada, cheap labour mexico, the us i guess is buying power.

most people i have spoken to feel that nafta was a bad thing. if we were closer together in ecconomies we would not see such numbers of mexicans trying to illigaly cross over the border to get a better life. in canada a lot of jobs have been lost to the cheep labour in mexico, not that prices for finished products have dropped of course at least on the retail level.

just like the kyoto accord this new treaty might not be the best thing to happen. i would however like to see a draft of it preferably before such a thing comes into existance as law.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
NORTHCOM come good then I see.

I see this is a non-violent US invasion of Mexico and Canada by way of homogenisation. Bringing all the laws together and under a US commander? What else could it possibly be but the start of a PAN American super state to rival China and the EU in size.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
IMHO - This is a Continental Corporate Takeover designed to cement the New World Order legally under international law. ...I've been flagging it off and on for a while, and as I reported on November 15, 2004:

"The merger has been in quiet development for some time, without due democratic process. The task force will issue its report in 2-3 months, in the spring of 2005. The 'report' obviously represents the final stages of negotiation. Ruling multinational corporations are represented by CEO's and corporate-owned government hacks, but there is no one at the table to represent ordinary people."

US Brokers Continental Corporate Takeover

Bush is pushing the CCT as a necessary competitive response to the EU - but the legal terms being pursued for NAFTA, CAFTA and the Northern Hemispheric "Free Trade" agreements are substantially and qualitatively different, going well beyond standard parameters of trade.

IMO, the same multinational corporate players are behind both the EU and the Bush-brokered CCT. But the big boys are getting from Bush America what they will NEVER get from European democracy. Thankfully, South America is putting up a good fight too. Only the USA, Canada and Mexico are getting suckered this time around.

And NORTHCOM appears key to the scheme...

Patriot Act II. Update

Also related, of interest:

The Corporate NWO: Research Project

A Military-Governmental-Industrial Conspiracy?

US Threatens Canada's Airspace: Ignores International Law

South America Moves Left, BRICS Moves West, America Better Be Sharp

Is the Annexation of Canada part of Bush's Military Agenda?

Bushkrieg: Shock and Awe in America

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Posted by: subz
I see this is a non-violent US invasion of Mexico and Canada by way of homogenisation.

What? Throughout the years Mexico has been the one invading the United States. Not the other way around.

The Center for Immigration Studies noted:

Indeed, the last decade saw an unprecedented number of Mexicans cross the U.S. border. Between 1990 and 2000, their number doubled - from 4.2 million to 9.2 million, or 30 percent of the entire foreign-born population in the United States. Within this number, unauthorized Mexicans grew by more than 100 percent—from 2 million to 4.8 million, or 69 percent of all illegal aliens in the United States.

While perhaps embarrassed that 10 percent of it people have fled to the U.S. from Mexico - President Vicente Fox's administration has embraced this reality. In fact, increasing the number of Mexicans working illegally in the United States is among Mexico's highest foreign policy objectives.30

[edit on 22-3-2005 by andpau66]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Great catch on this one!

Every border state shared with Mexico is eitehr bankrupt, has been bankrupted, or is heading there. All border states are losing hospitals to financial closures due to services forced by law to be offered to individuals who have never paid a dime into the system they take from.

Sort of like communism. Which worked out real well in the old Warsaw Pact sphere.

A real benefit would be stronger ties to Canada and cutting off Mexico's "safety valve", as well as the millions in cash Western Union gets a cut of that are being sent south of the border all the time.

I've heard it say that illegal immigrants are Mexico's most valuable export. And working for the "social services" I see the drain as it happens.

Nevermind the "La Raza" and MEchA angles either. Scary stuff, I've seen them at work. Strong presence in local government, social services, and underground economy/organized crime:

www.mayorno.com...

Don't see Canadians trying that sort of garbage.

Originally posted by andpau66

Posted by: subz
I see this is a non-violent US invasion of Mexico and Canada by way of homogenisation.

What? Throughout the years Mexico has been the one invading the United States. Not the other way around.

The Center for Immigration Studies noted:

Indeed, the last decade saw an unprecedented number of Mexicans cross the U.S. border. Between 1990 and 2000, their number doubled - from 4.2 million to 9.2 million, or 30 percent of the entire foreign-born population in the United States. Within this number, unauthorized Mexicans grew by more than 100 percent—from 2 million to 4.8 million, or 69 percent of all illegal aliens in the United States.

While perhaps embarrassed that 10 percent of it people have fled to the U.S. from Mexico - President Vicente Fox's administration has embraced this reality. In fact, increasing the number of Mexicans working illegally in the United States is among Mexico's highest foreign policy objectives.30

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
nothing good will come out of this, I can tell you that for sure. Martin has a set on him doesn't he? It's not like he has a mandate right now, infact his gov't is hanging by a thin thread, could this be the issue that breaks the backs of the Liberals and sends us to the Polls again? I hope not as it may hand them another Majority and if we thought the Liberals and Conservatives sold us out before, well just wait and see.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hey, you know what I find really funny!

That NAFTA means OIL in my language!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
WOW such great news.... for mexico....

the main reapers of the benefit will be our lovely neighbors to the south...
and why not, they give us so much here in the states...

welfare mothers
cheap drugs (the illegal kind)
lots of gangs
way overpriced merchandise that used to cost half as much BEFORE nafta...
a great big place to go for summer break... as long as you are accompanied by a militia...

wait... why do we want this to happen again?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join