It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught Some Footage of Manned Launch this morning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This morning they sent up the second manned launch out of Florida. I happened to be up and grabbed the camera.

It was rather foggy from my viewpoint, but then again Im almost 100 miles away from the launch.
Funny that I have filmed a few of these recent launches and I have never seen the booster rocket(?) spin out like this before. Correct me if Im wrong on that point. Im not a not a rocket scientist after all! All I have ever seen was just the rocket itself go up.

All in all not bad footage considering. I edited it down to get some of the best clip out of the footage I actually took. So thats what you get below!

Enjoy, its only a 2:10 shorty

ETA: I forgot to mention they have a woman on this flight. Four pilots in all this round.

edit on 4/23/21 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/23/21 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
That is really cool!
Thank you for sharing!

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman
Morning!

Shots from
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hockey puck

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Huh isnt that something. Not anything I saw thats for sure. My bad that I didnt check the threads first. I just saw this post thread after I posted.

Is that hocky puck just debris of the rocket?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Different forum...
You're good to go

Edit: you also have a different view/video. thanksπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š
edit on 23-4-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Awesome job!!! Thanks for this!

Where is this manned thing going?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

That's some fantastic footage, excellent!

Nothing more to add, what more can you say?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

To the ISS.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Very cool video. Interesting to see the positioning burns for the first stage.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
you know what happens to Earth next!

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Anyone know what produce those visual waves in that footage ?

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

The pulses after they separated? That's the first stage positioning engines maneuvering it for reentry.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sure, but is that sonic booms

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

No. It's the thruster exhaust as they pulse. It's high enough in the atmosphere that it's using RCS thrusters.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

For a minute there I thought the Rocket had an accident because I stopped recording for a moment and thats what I saw when I restarted. So glad that wasn't the case.

Those rings kind of reminded me of the Norway Spiral way back when on here. Geeezz all the sudden that made me feel much older!
Was the Norway one working on the same principal that you are describing here for this launch? If that is indeed the case, why was the Norway one so much brighter and crisp to the eye? Just curious

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I could be way wrong, but I'm gonna answer anyways just to see if I get close to being right.

The Norway Spiral you're referring to was as the rocket continued going into space, whereas what we see here are quick short bursts that are just used in order to slow the 1st stage down as it comes back to Earth, and also to keep it positioned right side up for it's landing.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The Norway Spiral was a Bulava missile that went into a spiral due to a problem with the third stage. The first two stages worked as designed, but the third stage had a problem, possibly a damaged nozzle, so when it ignited the missile went into a spiral, leaving that weird pattern.

posted on Apr, 23 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
a reply to: Bigburgh

Huh isnt that something. Not anything I saw thats for sure. My bad that I didnt check the threads first. I just saw this post thread after I posted.
I'm glad you posted your version, thanks.

I watched the other video first and it was good to see the onboard camera views (there were two side by side cams, one for first stage and one for second stage), but I really enjoyed seeing the different perspective in your video. Those rocket pulses from the first stage look really awesome in your video, and you did a pretty good job of keeping both the first and second stages in frame in most of your edited video, which is a great perspective to see from the ground.

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

See, this is your footage.... and you wanted to close your thread downl thank you for taking your time to do this. We are lucky to have you here.

Bravo!!! πŸ€œπŸ€›πŸ€”πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The Norway Spiral was a Bulava missile that went into a spiral due to a problem with the third stage. The first two stages worked as designed, but the third stage had a problem, possibly a damaged nozzle, so when it ignited the missile went into a spiral, leaving that weird pattern.

No malfunctions are needed in a rocket launch to create the atmospheric spirals.
The spirals have been noted on normal launches since the 1960’s (Atlas Centaur launches from Florida).
I posted links to the events in the Norway Spiral thread a long time ago. I
My posts were near the end of that thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join